Author Topic: Swedish national day celebration moved due to Ramadan  (Read 2894 times)

rangerrebew

Swedish national day celebration moved due to Ramadan
« on: June 08, 2017, 02:04:58 pm »

Swedish national day celebration moved due to Ramadan

As the Swedish national day on the 6th of June this year coincides with Ramadan, the Swedish Consulate in Jerusalem chose to move the national day celebration and held it a whole month earlier, on May 8.

The decision has attracted a lot of attention in social media and in particular on the consulate's Facebook page where the comments are not gracious.

http://speisa.com/modules/articles/index.php/item.3878/swedish-national-day-celebration-moved-due-to-ramadan.html
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 02:05:39 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Swedish national day celebration moved due to Ramadan
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:06:33 pm »
It won't be long and Memorial Day in this country will meet the same fate because of PC and fear of muzzies.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 02:07:15 pm »
Dead Nation Walking.

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 02:13:45 pm »
It won't be long and Memorial Day in this country will meet the same fate because of PC and fear of muzzies.

Ramadan is based upon their lunar calendar consisting of 12 months in a year of 354 or 355 days.  Consequentially, the date is always moving around and will eventually coincide with every holiday eventually.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 02:21:55 pm »
Dead Nation Walking.

1000-1300  years ago, in this place resided some of the most bad ass people on earth.

I bet their ancestors in Valhalla are puking right now.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 02:31:44 pm »
Shameful capitulation to 7th century madness.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 02:04:00 am »
Dead Nation Walking is right.

From this:

To this:

... in only a few short decades.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 02:08:21 am »
Dead Nation Walking is right.

From this:

To this:

... in only a few short decades.

And it looks like Britain is about to join them.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:05 am »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 12:03:41 pm »
Let's not make too big a deal about this, shall we?   Sweden's national day remains June 6, and everyone in Sweden celebrates it on that date.   It is, it appears, only the Swedish consulate in Jerusalem   that celebrated it earlier because of the conflict with Ramadan. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2017, 01:00:48 pm »
Let's not make too big a deal about this, shall we?   Sweden's national day remains June 6, and everyone in Sweden celebrates it on that date.   It is, it appears, only the Swedish consulate in Jerusalem   that celebrated it earlier because of the conflict with Ramadan.

Okay...give me an example where the muzzles postpone or not observe their holidays overseas for the sake of not offending?

Your support mentality for these people is getting old.  Capitulators like you will doom us.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2017, 01:34:06 pm »

Your support mentality for these people is getting old.  Capitulators like you will doom us.

War between religions  - or, perhaps more accurately, fascists killing in God's name - is what's getting old.   Fear and the easy bigotry it inspires is what will doom us.   

I won't play my part anymore.   I will fight - but only once I've identified the enemy.   
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 01:34:45 pm by Jazzhead »

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2017, 01:37:09 pm »
Idiots. 

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2017, 01:41:43 pm »
War between religions  - or, perhaps more accurately, fascists killing in God's name - is what's getting old.   Fear and the easy bigotry it inspires is what will doom us.   

I won't play my part anymore.   I will fight - but only once I've identified the enemy.

You won't fight.  You'll be the guy in the back waving the white flag in one hand and a Coexist flag in the other.  Are you sure you aren't French?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2017, 01:45:25 pm »
You won't fight.  You'll be the guy in the back waving the white flag in one hand and a Coexist flag in the other.  Are you sure you aren't French?

Bullspit.  I will fight - but only against the real enemy.  You seek a crusade against a billion and a half Muslims.  That is insane.    The enemy is fascism,  dressed up falsely in the guise of Islam.  My neighbors are not the enemy.  And I will not condone bigotry against the innocent.

Offline endicom

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 01:49:32 pm »
The enemy is fascism...

Meaningless. Who are the fascists?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 02:20:51 pm »

Meaningless. Who are the fascists?

ISIS.   Al-Qaeda.   The Islamofascists who want to kill us.  Not the billion and a half followers of one of the three great Abrahamic religions.   

There is nothing wrong with courtesy and respect exercised toward the followers of a religion that's different from yours.   There is everything wrong with converting the real threat posed by the cult of Islamofascism into a crusade of bigotry against an entire religion.   

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 02:38:09 pm »
ISIS.   Al-Qaeda.   The Islamofascists who want to kill us.  Not the billion and a half followers of one of the three great Abrahamic religions.   

Baloney.  The so called moderates sit idly by, and let their radicals do the dirty work their holy book commands.

If they were really interested in peace between the religions, they would apply peer pressure and purge the earth of this ugly side of their religion.  Instead this inactivity implies complicity, and they are near as much guilty as far as I am concerned..

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 02:40:07 pm »

There is nothing wrong with courtesy and respect exercised toward the followers of a religion that's different from yours.   

Name another religion at odds with christianity in the world besides muzzieville?

Will wait for your answer.......
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 02:40:27 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 02:49:31 pm »
Baloney.  The so called moderates sit idly by, and let their radicals do the dirty work their holy book commands.

If they were really interested in peace between the religions, they would apply peer pressure and purge the earth of this ugly side of their religion.  Instead this inactivity implies complicity, and they are near as much guilty as far as I am concerned..

Baloney right back at you.  Most of the successes we've had in the war on terror have been the direct result of cooperation and tips from Muslims.  Most of the victims of the Islamofascists have been Muslims.

How does obnoxious bigotry help matters?   

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 02:52:03 pm »

You use the word 'fascist' like the Communists do,  to them a 'fascist' is anyone they disagree with.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 03:00:23 pm »
You use the word 'fascist' like the Communists do,  to them a 'fascist' is anyone they disagree with.

See my post #16.  Reading is a helpful skill, sir.   

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2017, 03:10:30 pm »
See my post #16.  Reading is a helpful skill, sir.

While I may have used the term, "Islamo-Fascist" from time to time myself,  I'm not a big fan of the term, because once again it represent the overuse of the term "Fascist", which was a tactic used by the Communists to try to silence their opposition by labeling them as 'Fascists'.

Silver Pines

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2017, 03:12:36 pm »

There is nothing wrong with courtesy and respect exercised toward the followers of a religion that's different from yours.   There is everything wrong with converting the real threat posed by the cult of Islamofascism into a crusade of bigotry against an entire religion.

@Jazzhead

England is being habitually blown up by Muslims in the name of Allah.  Brits run the risk of being knifed by some screaming freak when they walk out the door.  To be honest with you, I'm about sick of people preaching to me that I have to exercise respect for such an ideology.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2017, 04:49:30 pm »
@Jazzhead

England is being habitually blown up by Muslims in the name of Allah.  Brits run the risk of being knifed by some screaming freak when they walk out the door.  To be honest with you, I'm about sick of people preaching to me that I have to exercise respect for such an ideology.

It's entirely up to you whether to exercise respect toward your fellow man.  if you don't want to associate with others outside your religious tribe, that's your call.   My objection is converting the real threat posed by the sick cult of Islamofascism into a crusade of bigotry against an entire religion. 

Not only is it wrong, but it's existentially foolish.  We can't win a war against a billion and a half people.  We can and must win the war against Islamofascism, but we can do so only if we recruit mainstream Muslims as allies.  You've noticed, have you not, that it is a tactic of ISIS to claim that the West is at war with Islam?   Why not prove them wrong,  rather than confirm by bigotry that ISIS is right?