Author Topic: Iran minister calls Trump's condolences for attacks 'repugnant'  (Read 419 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Iran minister calls Trump's condolences for attacks 'repugnant'
13 people were killed in the attacks which were the first Islamic State group attack on Iran, which is fighting IS in Iraq and Syria

Wednesday 7 June 2017 07:49 UTC    Thursday 8 June 2017 7:51 UTC

Iran's foreign minister on Thursday rejected Donald Trump's condolences for deadly attacks in Tehran, calling the US president's words repugnant.

Trump had said he prayed for the victims of Wednesday's attacks that were claimed by the Islamic State (IS) group, but added that "states that sponsor terrorism risk falling victim to the evil they promote".

Mohammad Javad Zarif wrote on his Twitter account: "Repugnant White House statement .... Iranian people reject such US claims of friendship."

Continued: http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/suicide-bomb-reported-khomeini-shrine-iran-reports-618387986

I know when the US has been hit by terrorism, Iran has condemned the attacks. I wonder if their condemnations were "no strings attached"?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Iran minister calls Trump's condolences for attacks 'repugnant'
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 01:00:51 pm »
Trump may be suffering from a mild case of Ted Nugent-ism right now. I've listened to Ted and he'll say some things that are rather ill-informed. He doesn't mean wrong, it just comes out that way.