Author Topic: Violinist: United wouldn't let her board with instrument  (Read 828 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Violinist: United wouldn't let her board with instrument
« on: June 07, 2017, 10:08:19 pm »
A classical musician has accused a United Airlines supervisor of barring her from boarding a plane with her centuries-old violin, sparking a scuffle that caused her to miss her flight and left her worried her hands — and by extension, her livelihood — may have been harmed.

Yennifer Correia's attorney said Tuesday a lawsuit against United is likely on the 33-year-old Memphis woman's behalf after the Sunday confrontation in Houston as she was preparing to fly to Missouri for a symphony rehearsal.....

http://www.chron.com/news/texas/article/Violinist-United-wouldn-t-let-her-board-with-11199579.php

Offline ABX

Re: Violinist: United wouldn't let her board with instrument
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 10:11:05 pm »

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 10:15:02 pm »
The old Bomb in the Violin trick! <Maxwell Smart voice>

The airlines really need to get with the program.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 10:24:25 pm »
I've flown about a half million miles on United, and plenty on others.  Not once have I seen an incident like this start in any other way than a passenger demanding special treatment.  Yes, the flight crew can throw down some serious attitude, but I've never seen them be the ones to start it.

OTOH, plenty of times I've seen a passenger politely request assistance with a valuable/fragile item and receive it.

It's almost like the golden rule or something.

[Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I bloody hate United.]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:25:12 pm by InHeavenThereIsNoBeer »
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 10:27:24 pm »
Back in the day of Continental Airlines culture this would never have happened  The United culture is a gutter culture.   JMO

Offline ABX

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 10:28:19 pm »
I've flown about a half million miles on United, and plenty on others.  Not once have I seen an incident like this start in any other way than a passenger demanding special treatment.  Yes, the flight crew can throw down some serious attitude, but I've never seen them be the ones to start it.

OTOH, plenty of times I've seen a passenger politely request assistance with a valuable/fragile item and receive it.

It's almost like the golden rule or something.

[Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention I bloody hate United.]

A couple times in the past year I've seen incidents almost start by gate agents. It seems everyone is on edge lately, and it isn't just the passengers. I found this story shared from a good friend who plays with her and she said Yennifer is a sweetheart.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2017, 03:27:15 am »
What a prima donna.  They would have stored it safely in the pet freezer, and delivered its ashes in less than a week.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 03:37:40 am »
I better contact this lawyer. I happen to have footage of this incident.....

Offline rodamala

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 04:13:48 am »

Offline rodamala

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 04:17:50 am »
Back in the day of Continental Airlines culture this would never have happened  The United culture is a gutter culture.   JMO

Try the United Club... or better yet, one of the new Polaris Lounges.  Not much in the way of this gutter culture you write of.