Author Topic: James Clapper: Watergate 'pales' in comparison to Trump/Russia scandal  (Read 348 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
James Clapper: Watergate 'pales' in comparison to Trump/Russia scandal
by Pete Kasperowicz | Jun 7, 2017, 8:31 AM

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper told an audience in Australia Wednesday that in his view, the Russia scandal facing the Trump administration is far worse than the Watergate scandal that President Nixon faced.

"I think [if] you compare the two, that Watergate pales really in my view compared to what we're confronting now," Clapper said.

According to a transcript of his remarks, Clapper said he called then-President-elect Trump when Trump dismissed the intelligence community's assessment that Russia tried to meddle in the 2016 election. Clapper said Trump called intelligence officials "Nazis" in an apparent attempt to attack anyone questioning the legitimacy of the election.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/james-clapper-watergate-pales-in-comparison-to-trumprussia-scandal/article/2625179
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Actually, Watergate aside from taking down a Republican President was small beer compared to what occurred in previous democrat administrations and all democrat administrations since. I mean what is more of a heinous act, the sale of military secrets by the clintons and their taking millions of dollars from our enemies both during and after his presidency and her senate and secretary of state terms, the obama arming of and strengthening muslim enemies and wilful sacrifice of American soldiers? Nixon was a piker in comparison and as far as Trump, I have still seen nor heard anything but accusations and innuendo.

I could be wrong but I believe every President since it became technologically possible has recorded what occurs in their office and on the phone and all of them have surely tried to use the offices influence.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Frank Cannon

Sure thing Baldy. Watergate had people being indicted and going to jail before an investigation opened. Now we have an investigation without any evidence aimlessly digging around looking for a crime.

Wingnut

Clapper is the type of person who doesn't hesitate to speak his mind simply because he has nothing to lose.  He's a crapweasel and clinton toady.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Clapper is the type of person who doesn't hesitate to speak his mind simply because he has nothing to lose.  He's a crapweasel and clinton toady.

I wish I could think of a more pejorative description but you did a great job! :laugh:

Clapper, a proven liar, is repulsive and has shifty eyes as he continues to lie.
Principles matter. Words matter.