Author Topic: REPORT: Saudi Arabia Gives 24-Hour Ultimatum to Qatar, Experts Warn Military Conflict Looms  (Read 784 times)

Offline endicom

The Gateway Pundit
Carter
June 6, 2017

Following the imposition of a naval blockade, Saudi Arabia is giving Qatar a 24-hour ultimatum, starting this evening, to comply with 10 conditions.

Among the key demands made by Saudi Arabia is the insistence that Qatar sever ties with the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as Hamas.

More... http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017/06/report-saudi-arabia-gives-24-hour-ultimatum-qatar-experts-warn-military-conflict-looms/

Holy foomoly, who would have expected this? If there is a this. If there is a this then it's a good this.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Astonishing indeed. I'll bet this is sabre rattling. We will see.

Map.

Offline Suppressed

Well, Trump's "Middle East Unity" campaign has been phenomenal.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Wingnut

As if "unity" there would or even could happen.  Trump ain't the problem.

Offline dfwgator

The LAST thing we want is a unified Middle East.   Keep 'em at each others' throats.

Offline Mom MD

The LAST thing we want is a unified Middle East.   Keep 'em at each others' throats.

Unfortunately we have a large air base in Qatar so things will get interesting if war breaks out.
God is still in control

Offline Suppressed

Unfortunately we have a large air base in Qatar so things will get interesting if war breaks out.
CENTCOM has a forward headquarters there, too.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Among the key demands made by Saudi Arabia is the insistence that Qatar sever ties with the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as Hamas.

Interesting isn't it? Most Muslim nations recognize Hamas and the MB as the terroristic murderers that they are, on the other hand Obama embraced the MB and had members in the W.H. and on his staff, and he sent aid to Hamas.

That should signal anyone with more than two brain cells why Obama is so hated throughout the M.E. Obama is and always was on the side of radical Muslims that even most Muslims reject.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline endicom

Yeah, it looks like the Sauds have given some sort of warning but what that would mean is to be seen. If they act without our knowledge then they've gone cuckoo.

Offline Frank Cannon

Christ. No matter what anyone does, the global powers that be are hell bent on WW III. We got this bullshit in the Middle East. We got the NORKS playing games. We got the Chinamen claiming islands that are not theirs. We got the Soviets moving towards Poland. We got South America about as destabilized as I ever remember. There is no Govt' in Mexico.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I wouldn't be able to find it exactly now, but it was reported the United Arab Emirates funded the Egyptian Military to overthrow the Muslim Brotherhood when they were in power in Egypt. They overthrew Morsi.
UAE lists Muslim Brotherhood as terrorist group | Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-emirates-politics-brotherhood-idUSKCN0IZ0OM20141115

Here we go, this discusses it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Egyptian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat
The tapes also suggest high-level collusion between the coup plotters and the Government of the United Arab Emirates.[60]

It was a Democratic election I gather that saw Morsi elected. At the same time, I was never for Mubarak stepping down. He looks like an angel compared to all that has happened since.

UAE has some diplomatic ties to Israel. So we will see where this all leads.

Offline endicom

I wouldn't be able to find it exactly now, but it was reported the United Arab Emirates funded the Egyptian Military to overthrow the Muslim Brotherhood when they were in power in Egypt. They overthrew Morsi.
Here we go, this discusses it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Egyptian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat
It was a Democratic election I gather that saw Morsi elected. At the same time, I was never for Mubarak stepping down. He looks like an angel compared to all that has happened since.

UAE has some diplomatic ties to Israel. So we will see where this all leads.

The following is all speculation but...

None of them wants to go out like Kadaffi. With Obama in office they may have feared that and worked behind the scenes to get rid of the likes of Morsi. And then there's Iran to fear.

It could be that Trump offers what may be their last chance to escape the vise they see closing on them. Who else is there to turn to? Russia? China? The EU?

Offline Suppressed

CNN Exclusive: US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news behind Qatar crisis

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/russian-hackers-planted-fake-news-qatar-crisis/index.html
+++++++++

Offline endicom

CNN Exclusive: US suspects Russian hackers planted fake news behind Qatar crisis

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/06/politics/russian-hackers-planted-fake-news-qatar-crisis/index.html

If true, this wouldn't change any fact of backing the Brotherhood or Hamas.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

For all but Qatar.   :smokin: