Author Topic: Sen. Lindsey Graham to Trump: 'Listen to your lawyers, Mr. President'  (Read 495 times)

Offline libertybele

It is not often that I side with Lindsey Graham, but he is absolutely correct.  President Trump needs to heed his words.

Sen. Lindsey Graham to Trump: 'Listen to your lawyers, Mr. President'

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., criticized President Trump on Fox News' "Special Report with Bret Baier" Tuesday night, saying Trump "created the conditions for a special counsel," and advised the president to "listen to your lawyers."

"I have seen no evidence of collusion between President Trump and the Russians, and I’ve looked really close," Graham said. "But the reason we have a special counsel is [Trump] suggested through an interview with NBC that the reason he fired [FBI Director James] Comey was because [of] the Russian investigation."

"So, I would just say this, Mr. President, your words matter now," added Graham, addressing Trump rhetorically. "You’re no longer a candidate for office. You’re the President of the United States, and a lot of us want to help you. Help us help you."

Graham also addressed reports of increased friction between Trump and Attorney General Jeff Sessions stemming from Sessions' decision to recuse himself from overseeing the FBI's investigation into alleged ties between Russia and the Trump campaign.

"Jeff Sessions is a good man, Mr. President," Graham said. "He had to recuse himself. I know you’re not a lawyer. There was no way Jeff Sessions could continue to preside over this investigation, given the role he played in the campaign."

"He is a good man, and you need to listen to your lawyers, Mr. President," Graham went on. "Don’t get in the way of an investigation that can actually clear you."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/06/sen-lindsey-graham-to-trump-listen-to-your-lawyers-mr-president.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Sen. Lindsey Graham to Trump: 'Listen to your lawyers, Mr. President'

I would suggest people do the exact opposite of what Linda Graham says.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Frank Cannon

Lindseed is a backbencher struggling to find relevance.

Offline endicom

I would suggest people do the exact opposite of what Linda Graham says.

I don't know that he wants to help Trump but listening to your lawyers is usually a good idea.

Offline DB

If you won't listen to your lawyers there's no point to having them.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump is too stupid and he doesn't care.

Offline libertybele

Trump is too stupid and he doesn't care.

President Trump is far from stupid; he just wants things 'his way'.  His problem has always been that he didn't understand that running a government was different than running a corporation and had no knowledge of the functionality of the three branches of government.  He even admitted so.  He's not used to answering to anyone and it frustrates him to have to do so. Unfortunately that frustration shows and is felt by those closest to him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Trump said he was going to tweet during Comey's testimony. I thought to myself "Why not? What could possibly go wrong?"

DJT didn't get into the WWE Hall of Fame by listening to his lawyers.
Countdown to Resignation