Author Topic: 130 British imams refuse to perform funerals for London, Manchester attackers  (Read 458 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

130 British imams refuse to perform funerals for London, Manchester attackers
CBS News, Jun 6, 2017

Over 130 imams from across the United Kingdom have said they will refuse to perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the London and Manchester terror attackers. The ritual is normally carried out for every Muslim, regardless of their actions.

In what is a highly unusual move, Muslim religious leaders from different schools of Islam -- both Sunni and Shia -- issued a statement late Monday saying their pain at the suffering of the victims of Saturday's attacks had led to their decision, and they called on others imams to follow suit.

"We are deeply hurt that a spate of terror attacks have been committed in our country once more by murderers who seek to gain religious legitimacy for their actions. We seek to clarify that their reprehensible actions have neither legitimacy nor our sympathy," the statement put out by the Muslim Council of Britain (MCB), an umbrella body representing over 500 organizations, read.

"Consequently, and in light of other such ethical principles which are quintessential to Islam, we will not perform the traditional Islamic funeral prayer for the perpetrators and we also urge fellow imams and religious authorities to withdraw such a privilege. This is because such indefensible actions are completely at odds with the lofty teachings of Islam," the statement continued.

More: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/london-bridge-attack-british-imams-refuse-to-perform-funerals-for-attackers/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Good for them.

Offline thackney

Good response.  I wonder if this is anywhere near a majority of the imams; I would guess not.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Any stats on how many imams have turned jihadis into authorities?
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline skeeter

Good response.  I wonder if this is anywhere near a majority of the imams; I would guess not.

This article is worthless without context. Propaganda.

Offline Frank Cannon

I thought the same thing. This is a fluff piece with the aim to make the muslims caring people.

When the bodies are thrown in the Themes as fish food because NO imams will do the rites, then there will be a story.

Offline dfwgator

Taqqiya.

Offline kevindavis007

Good...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/