Author Topic: Leaker to Iranian foreign minister: “We stand with you”  (Read 1090 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Leaker to Iranian foreign minister: “We stand with you”
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 04:29:57 pm »
But grab em by the p***y is just fine.  :silly:
I'm no prude, either. After most of 40 years spent on drilling sites, I can deliver a dressing down that would make a Senior Chief blush, usually starting with the relative intelligence of the recipient, and at times extending into their ancestry, eating habits, sexual preferences, relationships with livestock and pets, physical characteristics, and general lack of ability. In other words, I can be as crude as anyone. There is, however, a time and place where such comments might be considered justified or germane to the conversation, and there are times and places they are not.

It doesn't hurt to have some 'parlor manners' to go along with the ability to make graphic and profane statements. Letting those young minds absorb the capability to rebut crudity with intelligent repartee before the first punch is thrown by some suckheaded liberal is a good thing. At least they will be able to present a calm and reasoned account of why self-defense was necessary in a tone which credibly bolsters their case when they get their spot on the docket.

The same fellow who made the statement you reference (which made it germane to discussion here, and a statement I never excused) is out hobnobbing with heads of state and even the Pope, representing this country. I don't claim to be privy to their off record conversations, but I'd wager that a good deal of the discourse (even given the abilities demonstrated by the speaker in 140 characters or less) is generally at a higher level than references to what might be considered a coprophilic act, depending on the level of hygiene involved.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:32:05 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline endicom

« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 04:38:41 pm »
This topic has nothing to do with Trump or Trumpers. It was weird, to say the least. Nobody was talking about Trump.

It was simply a gratuitous, exceedingly vulgar, slam against Trump and his supporter, and it came out of nowhere?

In thread after thread and it's tedious at best.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 04:45:31 pm »
I'm no prude, either. After most of 40 years spent on drilling sites, I can deliver a dressing down that would make a Senior Chief blush, usually starting with the relative intelligence of the recipient, and at times extending into their ancestry, eating habits, sexual preferences, relationships with livestock and pets, physical characteristics, and general lack of ability. In other words, I can be as crude as anyone. There is, however, a time and place where such comments might be considered justified or germane to the conversation, and there are times and places they are not.

It doesn't hurt to have some 'parlor manners' to go along with the ability to make graphic and profane statements. Letting those young minds absorb the capability to rebut crudity with intelligent repartee before the first punch is thrown by some suckheaded liberal is a good thing. At least they will be able to present a calm and reasoned account of why self-defense was necessary in a tone which credibly bolsters their case when they get their spot on the docket.

The same fellow who made the statement you reference (which made it germane to discussion here, and a statement I never excused) is out hobnobbing with heads of state and even the Pope, representing this country. I don't claim to be privy to their off record conversations, but I'd wager that a good deal of the discourse (even given the abilities demonstrated by the speaker in 140 characters or less) is generally at a higher level than references to what might be considered a coprophilic act, depending on the level of hygiene involved.

Well stated. Also, moral relativism is not a conservative trait. What is wrong does not become less wrong because some other wrong exists. Also the, "falling over laughing," emoticon is getting over-used. It has become something indicating rude dismissal of a critical comment - a visual synonym for, "what you stated is laughable".

When you are the only one laughing, that might be a clue that you are the only one who thinks it's funny. :whistle:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:47:41 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 10:56:46 pm »
Looks like Reality has discovered what happens when reality bites!
Done bit her on the be-hind!