Author Topic: Oversight Committee To Revisit Operation Fast and Furious  (Read 413 times)

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Oversight Committee To Revisit Operation Fast and Furious
« on: June 06, 2017, 06:06:58 pm »
townhall
Katie Pavlich
Posted: Jun 06, 2017 12:56 PM

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2017/06/06/oversight-committee-to-revisit-operation-fast-and-furious-n2337182

On Wednesday the House Oversight Committee, chaired by outgoing Congressman Jason Chaffetz, will hold a hearing re-examining Operation Fast and Furious and the Obama administration's handling of the scandal.

The goals of the hearing are to "identify what the new officials at the Department of Justice can learn from the mistakes made by their predecessors in responding to Congress's inquiry" and "to understand the effect of the Justice Department's obstruction on these witnesses."

As a refresher, Operation Fast and Furious was a program implemented under the Obama Justice Department (headed by Attorney General Eric Holder) and the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms between September 2009 and December 2010. ATF agents under the direction of DOJ purposely allowed Mexican cartels to traffic thousands of rifles south of the border from U.S. gun shops. Hundreds of people were murdered as a result, including Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry on December 15, 2010. I.C.E. Agent Jaime Zapata was also killed as a consequence of similar program run by DOJ and ATF out of Texas.

Attorney General Holder became the first sitting cabinet member to be voted in civil and criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to turn over thousands of documents about the operation. President Obama, who claimed to know nothing about Fast and Furious, invoked executive privilege to stop DOJ documents from being released.

Terry's mother Josephine and his sister Kelly Terry-Willis will testify during the hearing alongside ATF whistleblower John Dodson.

Dodson, who first publicly exposed DOJ and ATF had been covering up extensive gun running and the cause of Terry's murder, wrote a book in 2013 called The Unarmed Truth: My Fight to Blow the Whistle and Expose Fast and Furious.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, who dedicated extensive resources to investigating the scandal, has also been invited to testify.

Grassley is one of the very, very few I'd trust.

But the issue remains.

Will the Oversight Committee actually DO anything about it beyond bloviate and issue another shelf weighting, dead letter report?
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online libertybele

Re: Oversight Committee To Revisit Operation Fast and Furious
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 07:12:15 pm »
I think a new investigation is warranted; not to see what can be learned by mistakes, but what can be learned by further discovery of Clinton and Bammy's involvement and their responsibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 08:40:58 pm »
I think a new investigation is warranted; not to see what can be learned by mistakes, but what can be learned by further discovery of Clinton and Bammy's involvement and their responsibility.

Absolutely.  A disaster that should not be swept under the rug.

Eric Holder should be forced to testify.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 09:46:02 pm »
Eric Holder should be forced to testify.
Under oath.

We had an agent killed as a result of this.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:13 pm »
Great start- and they can open several more investigations that were buried under Bammy and Comey's reign.
Principles matter. Words matter.