Author Topic: '$1 BILLION ransom paid to Al-Qaeda to free kidnapped Qatari royals sparked Gulf diplomatic crisis and prompted fury among its Arab neighbours who accuse the country of funding terror'  (Read 413 times)

rangerrebew

'$1 BILLION ransom paid to Al-Qaeda to free kidnapped Qatari royals sparked Gulf diplomatic crisis and prompted fury among its Arab neighbours who accuse the country of funding terror'

Qatar 'paid Iranian and Al Qaeda-linked forces to release hostages' held in Iraq
    Members of Qatar's royal family were among the hostages caught while hunting
    The falcon hunters were kidnapped by jihadis in southern Iraq in December 2015
    The hefty ransom was a 'tipping point' for Qatari-Gulf Arab relations, officials say
    Saudi Arabia, Egypt, United Arab Emirates and Bahrain cut diplomatic relations with Qatar on Monday over alleged support for Islamists
    Yemen, Libya's eastern-based government and the Maldives joined in later

By Kelly Mclaughlin For Mailonline

Published: 04:21 EDT, 6 June 2017 | Updated: 06:24 EDT, 6 June 2017

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4576212/Ransom-countries-decisions-cut-ties-Qatar.html#ixzz4jDo6KnAf
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Meanwhile the Saudis themselves will continue to fund radical mosques in the USA.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's billion with a "b" ... paid directly to AQ.   **nononono*

It's made worse by the fact that the entire episode was orchestrated in order to give the Qatar Royals cover for their donation!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien