Author Topic: Former Dem Vice President Biden to headline Romney summit  (Read 411 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Former Dem Vice President Biden to headline Romney summit
Associated Press, Jun 5,2017, Steve Peoples

Just days after launching a new political action committee, former Democratic Vice President Joe Biden will join Republican officials and donors at a weekend retreat hosted by former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.

Biden will be interviewed by Romney during a Friday evening event in Park City, Utah, at the invitation-only summit, according to a Biden spokesman and participants briefed on the schedule. The speaker lineup for what is traditionally a gathering of Romney allies is packed with high-profile Republicans, among them House Speaker Paul Ryan and Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain.

Ryan was Romney's running mate in 2012.

Biden spokeswoman Kate Bedingfield confirmed Biden's attendance on Monday ahead of the three-day conference, which starts on Thursday.

"Biden is attending because he believes in bipartisanship and the importance of keeping good lines of communication open across the aisle," she said.

The former vice president, 74, last week unveiled a political action committee that stoked fresh speculation he may seek the presidency in 2020. The committee, named American Possibilities PAC, allows him to raise money for candidates, pay for politically related travel costs and maintain relationships with donors.

In an email to supporters about the new organization, Biden said "the negativity, the pettiness, the small-mindedness of our politics drives me crazy." He did not mention President Donald Trump by name but said that kind of politics is "not who we are."

More:  http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BIDEN_ROMNEY?SITE=MYPSP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-06-05-19-02-40

Offline Applewood

Re: Former Dem Vice President Biden to headline Romney summit
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 10:45:24 am »
Oh swell!  A gathering of liberals from both parties.

I am soooooo glad a I didn't vote for Romney and Ryan.   

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17:25 am »

It sounds more like a gathering of the deep state generals.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 11:25:58 am »

Yeah because Obama was so much better
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 12:50:22 pm »
Yeah because Obama was so much better

Didn't vote for either.  But tell me what would have made Romney any better.  Romney is another liberal. 

Contrary to what some might think, there is the choice of none of the above.   And as long as that choice exists, I will continue to exercise it, if necessary.  I don't tell you who to vote for.  Don't tell me who to vote for.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2017, 12:52:28 pm »
It sounds more like a gathering of the deep dope state generals.

There. Fixed it.