Author Topic: Trump unveils plan to separate air traffic control from government  (Read 363 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump unveils plan to separate air traffic control from government
By Melanie Zanona - 06/05/17 12:29 PM EDT

President Trump announced plans on Monday to separate air traffic control from the federal government as part of a broader push to modernize the country’s infrastructure.

The White House had already signaled support for the controversial idea, which would hand over the nation’s air navigation system to a non-profit or non-governmental agency.

But Trump signed formal legislative principles outlining the spin-off plan this week, putting some muscle behind the effort, which has previously failed to gain traction on Capitol Hill.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/transportation/336374-trump-unveils-plan-to-separate-air-traffic-control-from-government
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump unveils plan to separate air traffic control from government
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 05:02:00 pm »
My only question about this is...will the ATC's still be unable to go on strike if they are sent off on their merry way from being controlled by the Feds?

If there is something that states it's still illegal for them to strike then hey lets do this.

It's infrastructure modernization I can get behind!

Otherwise we'll see them pulling strikes during the busiest travel times of the year.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 07:26:58 pm »
My only question about this is...will the ATC's still be unable to go on strike if they are sent off on their merry way from being controlled by the Feds?

If there is something that states it's still illegal for them to strike then hey lets do this.

Otherwise we'll see them pulling strikes during the busiest travel times of the year.

I agree.  Freeing the ATC from the Gov is the only way to go.   But it must have a NO Strike clause or forgetaboutit.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 08:15:32 pm »

:amen:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 09:18:41 pm »
Jennifer Jacobs‏Verified account @JenniferJJacobs 27m27 minutes ago
Participants for Trump's air traffic control speech, starting soon, include Elaine Chao, Gary Cohn, Ted Cruz, Mary Peters, Bill Shuster.