Author Topic: Kelly asks Putin: ‘Do you have something on our president?’  (Read 814 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

Kelly asks Putin: ‘Do you have something on our president?’
Washington Times, Jun 4, 2017, Jennifer Harper

A featured question involved President Trump in the session, which was taped in St. Petersburg.

“Do you have something damaging on our president?” Ms. Kelly asked the Russian leader, who listened to a translator through an earpiece.

“This is just another load of nonsense. Where would we get this information from? Why, did we have some special relationship with him? We didn’t have any relationship at all. There was a time when he used to come to Moscow. But you know, I never met with him,” Mr. Putin replied.

“We have a lot of Americans who visit us. Right now, I think we have representatives from a hundred American companies that have come to Russia. Do you think we’re gathering compromising information on all of them right now or something? Have you all lost your senses over there?” Mr. Putin asked.

As the interview progressed, Mr. Putin also said he had limited personal interaction with former U.S. National Security Adviser Michael Flynn.

“You and I personally, have a much closer relationship than I had with Mr. Flynn,” the Russian president told Ms. Kelly. “You and I met yesterday evening. You and I have been working together all day today. And now we’re meeting again.”

Mr. Putin said of Mr. Flynn: “I didn’t ever really talk to him.”

The leader also mentioned that “a child” could have hacked the U.S. election, and suggested that outside forces were trying to shift the blame onto Russia itself, in the “midst of a political battle.”

NBC describes that new program as “Sharp, strong journalism, reporting the stories of our time”; there is a video footage here.

More:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jun/4/megyn-kelly-debuts-on-nbc-sunday-night-features-in/

Oceander

Re: Kelly asks Putin: ‘Do you have something on our president?’
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 11:38:46 am »
That was a silly question. 

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 11:56:39 am »

She's a silly woman.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 12:09:06 pm »
“This is just another load of nonsense."

Perhaps some discretion on the part of the translator.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 12:15:18 pm »
She's a silly woman.

Yeah. I've read a lot on this and that seems to be the consensus.

Kudos for getting the interview, but she wasted it with the same type of 'gotcha' questions she kept asking Trump. She can't help herself. She has bought into the conspiracy hype. From that interview, it seems clear that Kelly views Putin and Trump as being part of the same team.

But more than that, her dress, her flippant, disrespectful demeanor, silly dress, silly questions, everything was 'off' during that interview. She took a perfect opportunity to zoom back up to the top, and she wasted it with silliness. She gave everyone the impression that she is more of an 'activist reporter' more than she is a 'serious reporter'.

Such a waste. So many globally important, really substantive questions she could have asked. Instead, she decided to go with a TMZ type interview. She was looking for dirt more than information.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 12:34:06 pm »
She's going to be the albatross around NBC's neck, every bit as Katie Couric was to CBS.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 12:36:36 pm »
She is going to relegated to Sunday morning panel status if her show keeps stinking as bad as the first one did.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 01:49:29 pm »
I didn't see the show so I'm curious.

Did they edit out the part where Putin slapped her or leave it in?

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2017, 02:01:48 pm »

That wasn't a silly question.   No rational person would expect an honest answer from the ex-KGB officer to a question like this.   The question itself was the answer she wanted.   She wanted to make the suggestion public that Trump is working with Putin behind the scenes.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2017, 02:07:08 pm »
Why anyone would waste their time watching anything this dizzy dame does is beyond me!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2017, 02:49:34 pm »
Funny stuff  :laugh:

Critic's Notebook: 'Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly' Spends 60 Minutes Trying to Be '60 Minutes'
Hollywood Reporter, Jun 4, 2017

That Sunday's debut episode of NBC's Sunday Night With Megyn Kelly trumpeted its interview with Vladimir Putin as the main event felt a bit anticlimactic. After all, Vlad has become so chatty lately that he’s in danger of being overexposed. He’s given so many interviews and made so many public appearances in recent weeks that he’s starting to make the Kardashians look bashful. Perhaps that’s why the segment lasted only 10 minutes or so, giving Putin time enough to say nothing at all.

It should be obvious by now that interviewing Putin doesn’t serve any point unless sodium pentothal is involved. The former KGB agent doesn’t exactly let it all hang out. The segment began with Kelly drilling Putin onstage at a St. Petersburg economic forum about Russian hacking during the presidential campaign. “What are you talking about?” he responded in mock consternation.

The ensuing one-on-one interview didn’t produce any revelations. When asked about the incoming Trump administration’s plan to loosen sanctions on his country, Putin put on his best Alfred E. Neuman face and said, “It was a big surprise to me.” He pointed to the U.S. intelligence agencies as being behind the dastardly rumors, adding that they were undoubtedly involved in the JFK assassination as well. But he was polite when claiming that the U.S. routinely interferes in elections around the world.

“I don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings,” Putin told Kelly, looking pained about having to bring the matter up.

Asked about the meetings between Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and, well, virtually everyone Donald Trump has ever met, Putin expressed disbelief at the sheer absurdity of the question.

“When I saw this, my jaw dropped,” Putin said, although he obviously meant to say “unhinged.”

Jared Kushner pursuing back-channel talks? “I don’t know about this proposal,” said Putin, who clearly does a lot of delegating.

“There’s nothing to even talk about!” he claimed. “To me, this is just amazing.”

“You people are so creative over there!” Putin added. “Good job! Your lives must be so boring!” At that point, even the translator was struggling not to chuckle.

Shown a photograph of Michael Flynn sitting next to him at a Russian dinner, Vladimir “See No Evil” Putin told Kelly, “You and I personally have a closer relationship than I had with Mr. Flynn.” It sounded innocent enough, until he let out a chuckle befitting a Bond villain. The only thing missing was a white cat in his lap.

Kelly grimly pressed on, displaying the sort of smile a mother gives her child when she knows he’s lying but lacks any proof. “Do you have something damaging on our president?” she asked, no doubt hoping that the answer would involve Russian prostitutes and "golden showers."

“Have you all lost your senses over there?” Putin finally asked in an exasperated tone. Although to be fair, it’s a perfectly reasonable question.

More:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/critics-notebook-sunday-night-megyn-kelly-spends-60-minutes-trying-be-60-minutes-1010079

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 03:14:13 pm »

Have you all lost your senses over there?” Mr. Putin asked.

Kelly:  "Well..........................yeah.....pretty much...........about 47% of us......................"

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »
She's a silly woman.

Imagine how crestfallen she was when her clever bit of subterfuge didn't elicit a gleefully sinister rubbing of the hands and a full disclosure from him.   *****rollingeyes*****
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2017, 09:44:42 pm »
NBC describes that new program as “Sharp, strong journalism, reporting the stories of our time”; there is a video footage here.

***suicide***
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: