Author Topic: Princeton prof denounces Fox News for showing her anti-Trump commencement speech  (Read 1310 times)

rangerrebew

Princeton prof denounces Fox News for showing her anti-Trump commencement speech
Greg Piper - Associate Editor •June 2, 2017

UPDATED

‘I am not a newsworthy person,’ so you can’t cover my words spoken in public

Princeton Prof. Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor, who teaches African American studies, delivered the commencement address at Hampshire College last week.

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/32924/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:09:32 pm by rangerrebew »

Oceander

Whackjob

Wingnut

Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor.
Is she black or just yellow.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Prof. Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor

Nice suit: 

http://youtu.be/6ljTRRVuUjM

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:21:30 pm by Sanguine »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The liberals at the top of the social caste system don't like the serfs exposing the aristocrats. Every day it seems leftist devolve more and more into medieval feudalism.
The Republic is lost.

Offline andy58-in-nh

Nice suit: 

Her?

Really? That looks like Malcolm X selling Mary Kay products at a women's prison.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Oceander

Her?

Really? That looks like Malcolm X selling Mary Kay products at a women's prison.

:bigsilly:

Wingnut

Nice suit: 

If His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, had a son it would look like her.

Offline dfwgator

Her?

Looks more like Magic Johnson's "son."

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Well, far be it from me to dare question the exalted eminence of the "professor". I have no doubt that she earned her position based on her unmatched intelligence and academic prowess, and not because of her skin color and her obviously 'butch' sexual orientation. I'm sure affirmative action had nothing to do with it.

However, does the esteemed "professor" feel that she has an 'expectation of privacy' when addressing a crowd of people in a public venue. That would be a legal precedent that would be interesting to review.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline andy58-in-nh

If His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular, had a son it would look like her.
Or, if Idi Amin once hooked up with Oprah Winfrey...
+ = :shrug:
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline dfwgator

"My name is Idi Amin Dada. That's 3 A's, 2 D's, and one gun."

Oceander

:bigsilly:

Wingnut

Back when comedian and Comedy was funny!  LOL :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline andy58-in-nh

Back when comedian and Comedy was funny!  LOL :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
It's sad to think of all that things that Richard Pryor could not possibly get away with doing or saying today...

Wingnut

It's sad to think of all that things that Richard Pryor could not possibly get away with doing or saying today...

The word association/job interview skit with Chevy Chase for one.....

Offline dfwgator

Agreed.  I still say, Richard Pryor did more for race relations in this country, because he got blacks and whites to laugh at, and with, each other.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Be like:

On Sabbatical from the Department of African American Studies for the 2016-2017 Academic Year

Keeanga-Yamahtta Taylor is author of From #BlackLivesMatter to Black Liberation (Haymarket Books, 2016), an examination of the history and politics of Black America and the development of the social movement Black Lives Matter in response to police violence in the United States. Taylor has received the Lannan Foundation’s Cultural Freedom Award for an Especially Notable Book.

Taylor’s research examines race and public policy including American housing policies. Dr. Taylor is currently working on a manuscript titled Race for Profit: Black Housing and the Urban Crisis of the 1970s, which looks at the federal government's promotion of single-family homeownership in Black communities after the urban rebellions of the 1960s. Taylor looks at how the federal government's turn to market-based solutions in its low-income housing programs in the 1970s impacted Black neighborhoods, Black women on welfare, and emergent discourses on the urban “underclass”. Taylor is interested in the role of private sector forces, typically hidden in public policy making and execution, in the “urban crisis” of the 1970s.

Taylor’s research has been supported, in part, by a multiyear Northwestern University Presidential Fellowship, the Ford Foundation, and the Lannan Foundation. Taylor was the Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Associate in the Department of African American Studies at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2013-2014. Taylor received her Ph.D from the Department of African American Studies at Northwestern University in 2013.

Courses

AAS 350/SOC 362 "Rats, Riots, and Revolution: Housing in the Metropolitan United States"

AAS 380/AMS 382 "Public Policy in the U.S Racial State"

Audio Player "Eddie S. Glaude Jr., Cornel West - 'Before Cornel West, After Cornel West'"

http://aas.princeton.edu/blog/author/kytaylor/
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
The good professor's agenda in a nutshell: All da free stuff in the last 55 years, post Civil Rights legislation passage, ain't near enuff fo us fokes.

We be demandin' mo
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

Her?

I don't usually LOL...but your post made  :silly:

Offline dfwgator

The good professor's agenda in a nutshell: All da free stuff in the last 55 years, post Civil Rights legislation passage, ain't near enuff fo us fokes.

We be demandin' mo

"The Shtruggle Continues!"

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Princeton was a mess this weekend

Alumni in town for the P-rade, graduation on Tuesday. The entire town was awash in a sea of orange and black stripes, people not knowing where they were going, and open keggers.

I hate alumni weekend. Either that or I've outgrown drinking til I puke like Animal House. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:35:03 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️