Author Topic: Liberals Attack Black Sportswriter for Daring to Disagree with LeBron James about Race in America  (Read 230 times)

rangerrebew

Liberals Attack Black Sportswriter for Daring to Disagree with LeBron James about Race in America
By Onan Coca June 2, 2017

Oh. Boy.

Sportswriter Jason Whitlock is used to being controversial, but he may have bitten off more than he can chew in his most recent decision to give his honest assessment of a situation.

Let me set the scene. On Wednesday, LeBron James made a statement revealing that his home had been attacked and defaced by an unknown assailant who left a racist message for the NBA superstar. The racist and hateful message (which was evil) led the basketball icon to compare himself to young Emmett Till, who was murdered by racists in Mississippi in 1955. James also said “No matter how much money you have, no matter how famous you are, no matter how many people admire you, being black in America is tough. We’ve got a long way to go, for us as a society and for us as African Americans, until we feel equal in America.”

http://constitution.com/liberals-attack-black-sportswriter-daring-disagree-lebron-james-race-america/
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 01:40:53 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline mountaineer

... Whitlock challenged James’ comments by saying that being poor is the worst thing to be in America.

The worst thing to be in America and anywhere on the planet is poor. Go do the numbers, go through the stats. If you’re poor regardless of color you’re catching hell in America and on this planet.

LeBron has risen above poverty to that special elevated place we have in society where pretty much nothing can bother him. To sit here and say that ‘Oh my God, my house was vandalized in L.A. and on the eve of this greatest sporting event I’m traumatized.’ It’s just not true.

It was all said for the benefit of social media and Twitter. I’m fired up about this because again, this is the ‘Embrace Debate’ network. That’s what we label ourselves as. And so I’m not out of bounds when I say I watched “Undisputed” and saw Shannon Sharpe today say the hardest thing is being black in America.

Have you ever tried to be a veteran that has lost a leg in America? Have you ever been a poor person accused of a crime and forced to go with a public defender in America? (A person) Of any color.

If you’re poor regardless of color you are catching hell. I’ve been poor, Shannon’s been poor. We know the difference. We know how good our lives are and we don’t need to pretend like ‘oh my God this is so terrible what’s happened to us.’ We need to be defending the poor and disadvantaged and talking about their issues.

Whitlock continued on to say that while racism is still a problem in America, it is primarily an issue for the poor and something that James doesn’t have to worry about.  ...
More at KATU
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline goatprairie

How long should I hold my breath until some Dem candidate for prez tells black people they're responsible for 99% of their problems?