Author Topic: 'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'  (Read 17207 times)

Offline Mom MD

Re: 'Van hits pedestrians' on London Bridge in 'major incident'
« Reply #100 on: June 04, 2017, 02:31:59 am »

I prefer seek whatever cover is available, aim carefully, fire!
God is still in control

Wingnut

« Reply #101 on: June 04, 2017, 02:36:35 am »

The UK disarmed their citizenry in 1920.  All they have left is to be targets.

Offline Mom MD

« Reply #102 on: June 04, 2017, 02:41:10 am »
The UK disarmed their citizenry in 1920.  All they have left is to be targets.

Fortunately that hasn't happened here - yet....
God is still in control

Offline mrclose

« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2017, 02:54:38 am »
After Trump made a statement about the safety of America on twitter, This POS made his!
(Trumps statement is below This P. O. S#!ts!)

Reza Asian is an Iranian-born “religious scholar” and TV Host on CNN.

https://twitter.com/rezaaslan/status/871151501929926657
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #104 on: June 04, 2017, 02:55:05 am »

My wife and I were just talking about how one citizen with a gun could have ended that attack on the bridge.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2017, 03:03:44 am »
@TomSea This is a response from Reza Aslan, Iranian-born religious scholar and host on CNN:

Wow, that was a great dictionary entry for Reza Aslan you just posted. 
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:06:16 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #106 on: June 04, 2017, 03:04:14 am »
Fox is reporting 9 dead including the three attackers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2017, 03:04:29 am »
Just now reading about this.  Wow. 

Oceander

« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2017, 03:05:00 am »
Wow, that was a great dictionary entry for Raza Aslan you just posted. 

What's your point?

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2017, 03:13:36 am »
What's your point?

Reza Aslan \ˈas-ˌwīp\
noun
1. This piece of sh*t is not only an embarrassment to America and a stain on the presidency. He's an embarrassment to humankind.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Oceander

« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2017, 03:15:37 am »
Reza Aslan \ˈas-ˌwīp\
noun
1. This piece of sh*t is not only an embarrassment to America and a stain on the presidency. He's an embarrassment to humankind.

Ahhhh .... I think.

I must be slow.

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
« Reply #111 on: June 04, 2017, 03:20:59 am »
They're getting closer to seeing their worst nightmare.

A backlash.

I hope you are right, but so far they have gotten away, literally, with murder.  There is only one way to stop this, and it's not hunting down and prosecuting individual terrorists, for there will always be more waiting to take their place.  Unfortunately, no country, people, or government has had the will to do what is necessary.  It may well be too late. 

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2017, 03:27:41 am »
My wife and I were just talking about how one citizen with a gun could have ended that attack on the bridge.

Ok, but since the attacks to date have been home-grown, not immigrants, they would presumably also have guns.  And those would presumably have been long guns, as they were in a van, versus a presumed handgun of that lawful citizen.

The key would be many handguns.  I still think there would have been many casualties in that case.
+++++++++

Offline Gideon300

« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2017, 03:28:05 am »
There is a reason why those bastards would not try such a thing in most of America. I do worry about places like NYC, Washington. D.C., and well, the whole state of California. Many of the rest of us don't often leave the house without a pistol these days (me, especially). Europe is sleeping, but some of America is in a daydream. I fear what it will take for people to finally wake the hell up.

If 9/11, with over 3,000 dead in one fell swoop, didn't wake up the country, I don't see a lot of hope.  With hundreds, probably thousands, more attacks worldwide since then, it appears the whole world is just standing around in shock watching their own destruction. 

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2017, 03:30:45 am »
Ok, but since the attacks to date have been home-grown, not immigrants, they would presumably also have guns.  And those would presumably have been long guns, as they were in a van, versus a presumed handgun of that lawful citizen.

The key would be many handguns.  I still think there would have been many casualties in that case.

Possibly...but I'd be willing to bet the mere possibility of having armed citizens in the area would have been a good deterrent.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2017, 03:32:46 am »
I hope you are right, but so far they have gotten away, literally, with murder.  There is only one way to stop this, and it's not hunting down and prosecuting individual terrorists, for there will always be more waiting to take their place.  Unfortunately, no country, people, or government has had the will to do what is necessary.  It may well be too late.
Too many people know too many Muslims in their everyday lives, seeing that many aren't radical, just wanting to live their lives and raise their families in peace.  There won't easily be broad support for a fascist-style response.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:33:38 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2017, 03:45:07 am »
Summary

Six people have been killed and three suspects shot dead by police after terror attack at London Bridge and Borough Market
    Speeding van hit pedestrians, before suspects jumped out and stabbed members of public and police officer
    Suspects wore hoax explosive vests, say police
    At least 30 people taken to hospital, others treated at the scene
    London Bridge railway station is closed
    Transport police say London Bridge will stay shut overnight
    A stabbing in nearby Vauxhall was not connected to terror attack, say police
    Police have opened a casualty bureau. Telephone numbers are 0800 096 1233 and 020 7158 0197

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014

Cops took 8 minutes from first call to the three scum dead. Not bad.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2017, 03:54:53 am »
bleep

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2017, 04:30:05 am »
Supressed wrote above:
"Too many people know too many Muslims in their everyday lives, seeing that many aren't radical, just wanting to live their lives and raise their families in peace.  There won't easily be broad support for a fascist-style response."

I'll be lambasted for stating this, but in the war between Western Civilization and islam, the ONLY pathway to victory will be to embrace "a fascist-style" course of action.

Any "other way"... and we will ultimately... lose.

If someone attacks you with the obvious intent to kill you, all vestiges of morals and "civil behavior" are put aside in the struggle to survive.
Because -- if you DO NOT win -- such morals and restraints will have proven useless, because you will be gone.

In the struggle between The West and islam, the end is justified by the means.
I state the above with full realization of what that implies.

This is a battle that cannot (and never could be) be won "on the playing fields of Eaton".
To cling to such notion is to doom ourselves to dhimmitude.

We must take stock of the situation, and act with grim determination to win.

To win will require throwing out long-cherished notions about "human equality", and it will also require the RE-acknowldgement of Western/Euro-American/Christian superiority, without shame or embarrassment for so doing. As a point of order, the enemy clearly states its superiority over us. We must respond in kind if we wish to defeat that enemy.

I accept this.
I wish it wasn't so.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could win by being gentlemen?

Offline Gideon300

« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2017, 05:47:28 am »

I'll be lambasted for stating this, but in the war between Western Civilization and islam, the ONLY pathway to victory will be to embrace "a fascist-style" course of action.

Any "other way"... and we will ultimately... lose.

If someone attacks you with the obvious intent to kill you, all vestiges of morals and "civil behavior" are put aside in the struggle to survive.
Because -- if you DO NOT win -- such morals and restraints will have proven useless, because you will be gone.

In the struggle between The West and islam, the end is justified by the means.
I state the above with full realization of what that implies.

This is a battle that cannot (and never could be) be won "on the playing fields of Eaton".
To cling to such notion is to doom ourselves to dhimmitude.

We must take stock of the situation, and act with grim determination to win.

To win will require throwing out long-cherished notions about "human equality", and it will also require the RE-acknowldgement of Western/Euro-American/Christian superiority, without shame or embarrassment for so doing. As a point of order, the enemy clearly states its superiority over us. We must respond in kind if we wish to defeat that enemy.

I accept this.
I wish it wasn't so.
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could win by being gentlemen?

I won't lambaste you for your statement because you're one of the few who really understand what we're up against in a religious war.  This type of war is for the very survival on one side or the other, and cannot be fought in any traditional manner.  Religion blinds people to everything except their own ideology, and becomes the ultimate form of hate.  It short-circuits all logic and reason, and even neuters the basic instinct of self-preservation.  Religion is the greatest and most potent tool Satan ever devised.

To fight a religious war it's futile to attack individuals and armies.  The religion itself must be destroyed.  It's adherents must be either sincerely converted or they must be destroyed.  There is no other way in the long run.  No, it is not the activity of gentlemen, nor is it by Queensbury Rules nor on the playing fields of Eaton.  If this is "fascist", then so be it, but it must eventually come to that or our civilization will not survive. 

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #120 on: June 04, 2017, 05:58:33 am »

Form a coalition of the sane and willing nations, and deposit the terrorists on an island. If they get hungry, let them kill and eat each other.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #121 on: June 04, 2017, 06:01:15 am »
Summary

Six people have been killed and three suspects shot dead by police after terror attack at London Bridge and Borough Market
    Speeding van hit pedestrians, before suspects jumped out and stabbed members of public and police officer
    Suspects wore hoax explosive vests, say police
    At least 30 people taken to hospital, others treated at the scene
    London Bridge railway station is closed
    Transport police say London Bridge will stay shut overnight
    A stabbing in nearby Vauxhall was not connected to terror attack, say police
    Police have opened a casualty bureau. Telephone numbers are 0800 096 1233 and 020 7158 0197

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014

Cops took 8 minutes from first call to the three scum dead. Not bad.

The deal is however, with that ratio you run out of Brits, before you run out of muslims.

IOW the enemy will gladly take those odds.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #122 on: June 04, 2017, 06:21:35 am »
Fascism is an economic model, actually, in which the State controls industries and output which remain in private hands. It is midway between laissez faire capitalism where individual people own and control the means of production and the polar opposite, Communism, where the government owns and allocates all resources and means to produce.

What happened in Europe in the late '30s and early '40s that centered around Germany was attempted genocide, wrapped in a fascist economic mantle, and ultimately totalitarianism, but even more, the elimination of millions of those who would not bend their knee to the Party and the State, who would not submit.

In a war in which our enemies have sworn by their beliefs to convert us, kill us, or die, we have three options; convert, be killed, or assist them in the latter. I know which I would choose.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #123 on: June 04, 2017, 06:22:26 am »
What do they think London is? One of our American cities?

---------

That 1920 figure for "disarming" the public in the UK; can't be quite right, maybe a measure was done back then but others have also been done since and in more recent memory.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2017, 06:28:31 am »
maybe a measure was done back then but others have also been done since and in more recent memory.

Long guns after Hungerford (1987), handguns after Dunblane (1993). You can still get them - I have licences for both rifles and one of the shotguns (handguns I can't be arsed with for home use) - but they do take 6 weeks minumum for the paperwork to be done.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink