Author Topic: Kathy Griffin feels ‘betrayed’ by Anderson Cooper after CNN firing  (Read 1279 times)

Wingnut

While Kathy Griffin continues her sympathy crusade after weathering a storm of criticism for her terrible Trump severed-head photo, sources say she’s seething about how Anderson Cooper dropped her from his CNN New Year’s Eve broadcast like a hot potato.

Sources said Griffin had expected CNN “golden boy” Cooper to stand by her, but the news network swiftly announced she was fired from the NYE broadcast with Cooper, which they’ve done together for 10 years.

TV insiders say respected newsman Cooper had no choice but to condemn Griffin’s disturbing photo shoot, in which she held up a faux severed and bloody head of President Trump.

After the controversial image of Griffin went viral, sparking widespread backlash, Cooper tweeted, “For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in. It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.”

But a source said, “Kathy totally misjudged this. She truly believed that Anderson would stick up for her. She considered him a friend. While she has nobody to blame but herself, she feels somehow betrayed.” Griffin appeared in a tearful press conference on Friday where she sobbed of Trump: “He broke me.” No word about Cooper.

http://pagesix.com/2017/06/02/kathy-griffin-feels-betrayed-by-anderson-cooper-after-cnn-firing/

Oceander

Boo-hoo

Offline dfwgator

I bet privately, Cooper told Griffin, "You go, girl!"

Offline The_Reader_David

She's already gotten more gigs, pay, air-time, news-stories, and discussion threads than any talentless hack deserves.   The only semi-worthwhile thing she ever did was to title something she did (was it a show?  a book?  a comedy tour? I don't remember) "My life on the D-list".  Quite frankly, I was never sure she even deserved to be on Hollywood's D-list.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Wingnut

She's already gotten more gigs, pay, air-time, news-stories, and discussion threads than any talentless hack deserves.   

I am finding great satisfaction in the misfortune this person has caused herself.  I'm actually quite giddy.

Lord please forgive me and may God bless the Pygmies in New Guinea.  Amen

Offline Old Warrior in Exile

She truly believed that Anderson would stick up for her. She considered him a friend.

What in the world was she thinking.
There is no honor among leftists and degenerates (but I repeat myself.).
And loyalty is totally based upon the benefits.
Barba non facit philosophum.

Online AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
She truly believed that Anderson would stick up for her. She considered him a friend.

What did she expect? He's an old white guy.

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline rodamala

What did she expect? He's an old white guy.

...from money.  OLD money.

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
I don't think Anderson ever enjoyed sharing the New Year show with her.  He always looked uncomfortable with her. 
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline verga

I am finding great satisfaction in the misfortune this person has caused herself.  I'm actually quite giddy.

Lord please forgive me and may God bless the Pygmies in New Guinea.  Amen
I believe the emotion weare both feeling is "Schadenfreude".
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

I don't think Anderson ever enjoyed sharing the New Year show with her.  He always looked uncomfortable with her.

Anderson doesn't like "fish".