Author Topic: Fox News hosts upset Wonder Woman isn't American enough  (Read 524 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Fox News hosts upset Wonder Woman isn't American enough
« on: June 03, 2017, 05:11:51 pm »
Fox News might need to check Wonder Woman’s birth certificate.

Wonder Woman has scored a hero’s welcome from critics, considering at one point, it boasted a record-tying 97 percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Yet, Patty Jenkins’ comic adaptation has found a few detractors at Fox News, who are criticizing what they deem to be a lack of American patriotism. (The film’s heroine is actually a fictional Amazonian warrior princess.)

“I think, nowadays, sadly, money trumps patriotism,” said guest Dion Baia during Friday’s episode of Your World with Neil Cavuto. “Especially, recently, I personally feel like we’re not really very patriotic, the country, in a certain sense. They want these movies to succeed internationally, so they’re going to dial back.”

The commentators pointed to the movie’s updated look for Wonder Woman, played by Israeli actress Gal Gadot; her costume is red, gold, and blue instead of red, white, and blue. Cavuto insisted Captain America’s patriotism has been toned down for foreign appeal.

“I think the Hollywood aspect, we see this time and time again, it’s cool to hate America these days,” said Mike Gunzelman.

More: https://ew.com/movies/2017/06/02/fox-news-wonder-woman-not-american-enough/amp/

*****rollingeyes***** Where to start.

Nah, can't be arsed to deal with rampant stupidity. Just - go see the movie. It's good. Real good.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink