Author Topic: (NBA player) Enes Kanter's father arrested after Turkish government raids his home  (Read 467 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Excerpt:

Enes Kanter's father arrested after Turkish government raids his home
Kanter says his father was arrested for his outspoken comments about the Turkish president. Enes Kanter’s manager confirmed the news.
by Kristian Winfield@Krisplashed Jun 2, 2017, 5:30pm EDT

Mehmet Kanter, father of Oklahoma City Thunder forward Enes Kanter, was arrested in Turkey Thursday, according to Yenni Hanle, a Turkish news website.

Kanter confirmed the news on Twitter. The Kanter household in Istanbul was raided before the arrest, according to Hilmi Çinar, Enes Kanter’s representative.

“Right now, I’m good. I’m safe,” Kanter said in a phone conference with reporters Friday evening. “Of course, when I woke up this morning, I was devastated by the news. It was definitely a crazy morning for me, and my manager talked to my brother, the one in America. He asked him, what’s going on? And my brother told me that the people police came to our house in Istanbul and they raided the house. They took some forms away. They took some computers and everything to search. And they look all over the house. An then, end of the search, they took my dad away, and right now, I think he is arrested.”

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/6/2/15730558/enes-kanter-father-arrested-turkish-government-raid-thunder

https://www.turkishminute.com/2017/06/02/father-of-nbas-kanter-detained-over-gulen-links/

Twenty-four-year-old Kanter is one of the most famous Turkish basketball players in the NBA. His family disowned him after he pledged support to Turkish Islamic scholar Gülen.

Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin officially declared Oct. 29, 2016 “Enes Kanter Day” for the professional success of the Oklahoma City Thunder player and his dedication to civic organizations in the state.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 01:21:51 pm by TomSea »

Offline Suppressed

All in the guy who just arrested your father "Hitler" probably doesn't do him any good.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn