Author Topic: Liberals urge Supreme Court conservative Kennedy to stay  (Read 892 times)

Wingnut

Liberals urge Supreme Court conservative Kennedy to stay
« on: June 01, 2017, 04:11:56 pm »

Search Reuters
Fearing Trump's next move, liberals urge Supreme Court conservative Kenned...
SUPREME COURT | Thu Jun 1, 2017 | 10:39am EDT
Fearing Trump's next move, liberals urge Supreme Court conservative Kennedy to stay

By Lawrence Hurley and Andrew Chung | WASHINGTON
Liberal activists are urging U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative with whom they often disagree, to put off any thought of retirement, fearing President Donald Trump would replace him with a jurist further to the right.

The liberal Democrats' keep-Kennedy campaign, being pursued publicly and privately, reflects how powerless they have become against the Republican president when it comes to high court vacancies since the Senate in April reduced the vote tally needed to confirm a Supreme Court nomination to 51 from 60.

It also shows how big the stakes are for both sides in any decision that Kennedy, who turns 81 in July, makes about his future on the court. If he were to retire, Trump would have a historic opportunity to recast the court in a more conservative posture, possibly for decades to come.

Some former Kennedy clerks have said he is thinking about retirement. He has declined to comment on his plans, despite requests from many media outlets including Reuters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-court-kennedy-idUSKBN18S4LT

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Liberals urge Supreme Court conservative Kennedy to stay
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 04:33:14 pm »
U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative

Come again? He just got done defending abortion, affirmative action and same sex marriage last year. He's shit.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 05:00:24 pm »
After they convince Kennedy to stay they're all gonna get together for a Weekend At Ruth Bader Ginsbergs.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 05:06:13 pm »
After they convince Kennedy to stay they're all gonna get together for a Weekend At Ruth Bader Ginsbergs.

For a vigil? Or with a body double!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2017, 05:09:24 pm »
Man I wish I knew Photoshop.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 05:53:28 pm »
Uhm, hellooooo?  Reuters? anyone home?

If Kennedy is conservative, then liberals would never support him.

Irony much?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline beandog

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 07:37:16 pm »
Uhm, hellooooo?  Reuters? anyone home?

If Kennedy is conservative, then liberals would never support him.

Irony much?
What they're afraid of is Trump might replace him with an actual conservative.  It isn't that hard to go to the right of Kennedy.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2017, 07:52:01 pm »

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, a conservative and a long time fan of Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, said he would be happy to have President Trump replace him.

Liberals are strange creatures aren't they. They have the most wild imagination of anyone in the world. Kennedy is a conservative in the same way that Sean Penn is a conservative.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.