Author Topic: Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad  (Read 4058 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad
« on: May 31, 2017, 03:06:32 pm »
Barron Trump Thought Kathy Griffin's Beheaded Trump Image Was His Dad
Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad

5/31/2017 7:06 AM PDT

Barron Trump was watching television Tuesday at home with Melania when Kathy Griffin's photo appeared on the screen, and his initial reaction was that something terrible happened to his father.

Trump family sources tell us Barron was in front of the TV watching a show when the news came on and he saw the bloody, beheaded image. We're told he panicked and screamed, "Mommy, Mommy!"

As it was put to us, "He's 11. He doesn't know who Kathy Griffin is and the head she was holding resembled his dad."

President Trump blasted Griffin for posing with the head, saying, Barron was having a hard time dealing with it.

Griffin has apologized.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/05/31/barron-trump-thought-donald-beheaded-image-real/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Barron Trump Thought Beheaded Image Was His Dad
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 03:22:57 pm »
Barron doesn't know the idiot "comic" ... but he does know all about ISIS.

Poor kid ... for one brief moment he thought they'd killed his dad.   **nononono*

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 04:29:18 pm »
 Oh please..... I know he's 10, but it does not look that real.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 04:46:06 pm »

Been a bit of speculation going the rounds that Barron is on the autism spectrum. Don't know and really don't care one way or the other - kids of pols are out of bounds, far as I'm concerned - but if he is - even mildly - it'll have hit him quite a bit harder than a typical 10 year old.

Having said that, show me any kid that age who is blase about his Dad being disliked enough for people to go to the trouble of doing a picture like that.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline edpc

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 04:58:22 pm »
 If it was 2009, some right wing 'artist' has done this about Obama, and one of his kids reacted that way, you know what would happen. We would rightfully condemn the person for doing that and mock the melodramatic overreaction of the left.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

Just how real does it have to look to cause a momentary fright in an 11 year old?   :pondering:

Offline edpc

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 05:10:02 pm »
I am going to say pretty real, since his father told us what a sophisticated computer genius he was during the debates.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 05:15:47 pm »
Leave the boy alone; he can't help who his father is.
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 05:16:53 pm »
Leave the boy alone; he can't help who his father is.

You are going to hell for that one!
 :beer:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 05:17:09 pm by Wingnut »

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 06:15:39 pm »
If it was 2009, some right wing 'artist' has done this about Obama, and one of his kids reacted that way, you know what would happen. We would rightfully condemn the person for doing that and mock the melodramatic overreaction of the left.

@edpc

It isn't melodramatic to simply consider the welfare of the child who saw his father's "head", severed and bloody. 

Come on. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 06:22:42 pm »
I don't buy it.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 06:29:39 pm »
Now the story is he 'screamed and cried'. http://www.dailywire.com/news/17017/trump-responds-kathy-griffin-holding-his-bloody-james-barrett

I'm going to go out on a limb with this opinion, but.. we don't know..

It could all be a political stunt story to make Griffin look bad, solidify the base, and anger people (tug at heartstrings).

It could also be he is a sensitive kid or overwhelmed with what is going on.

Kids that age are so all over the place in terms of emotions and expressing them some blanket 'this is how 11 year olds are supposed to act' doesn't really work.

So no matter the truth, leave the kid alone. Don't make him a poltiical marketing gimmick if that is the case, or don't keep blowing up stories about his trama if that is the case. Either way, it isn't good for the kid.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 06:50:58 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline edpc

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 06:37:49 pm »
Come on.

Nope.  Trump has already told us a number of times how unbelievably clever the kid is.  Now, we're supposed to believe he's gullible?  It's one or the other.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 06:46:25 pm »
Nope.  Trump has already told us a number of times how unbelievably clever the kid is.  Now, we're supposed to believe he's gullible?  It's one or the other.

I think the relationship between he and his mother is such that she wouldn't allow him to see such things.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 06:48:07 pm »
Been a bit of speculation going the rounds that Barron is on the autism spectrum. Don't know and really don't care one way or the other - kids of pols are out of bounds, far as I'm concerned - but if he is - even mildly - it'll have hit him quite a bit harder than a typical 10 year old.

Having said that, show me any kid that age who is blase about his Dad being disliked enough for people to go to the trouble of doing a picture like that.

I'm trying to imagine how I would react to seeing a likeness of my own father's severed head on public display when I was 11.

There are some really messed up folks around.

Offline edpc

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 06:49:50 pm »
So no matter the truth, leave the kid alone. Don't make him a poltiical maketing gimmick....

Exactly.  There's no reason why we should know this at all.  The 'hands off' rule when it comes to children of politicians means they also can't exploit them for sympathy points.

Silver Pines

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2017, 06:52:27 pm »
Yes, I'll admit that we don't know if this is true or not, especially after the screaming and crying bit.  But Kathy Griffin, if she had any decency, and of course she doesn't, should have given some consideration beforehand. 

Barron Trump might be brilliant for his age, I don't know, but he's still a kid, and I'm not going to dismiss the effect this might have had on him. 

Related to this, I just have to ask, was the outcry as extensive when Griffin blasphemed Christ?  I'm trying to remember, but I don't think it was.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 06:54:04 pm »
I'm trying to imagine how I would react to seeing a likeness of my own father's severed head on public display when I was 11.

There are some really messed up folks around.

Yeah, the lady that did it, and the ones that can't control themselves, from turning it around at President Trump and his family.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ConservativeGranny

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 11:37:55 pm »
I find this hard to believe since I have grandchildren this age and their parents do not allow them to watch television much but especially cable news. You would think that seeing what is said on TV about Donald Trump Melania would try to shield him from that constant criticism of his father.

What Kathy did was despicable but hopefully Melania will review the TV watching schedule of her son. And Donald does not himself have clean hands when it comes to saying things about people that their children and grandchildren would be upset to hear. Maybe he'll clean up his own act now. For the sake of the children of course.

Offline edpc

« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 11:55:14 pm »
the ones that can't control themselves

That's almost funny, in a discussion about Trump.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2017, 11:59:37 pm »
Hard to believe this child's TV time is not monitored.  What does he do when he comes home from school? Turn on FNC?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:59:59 pm by Rivergirl »

Silver Pines

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 12:03:09 am »
I find this hard to believe since I have grandchildren this age and their parents do not allow them to watch television much but especially cable news. You would think that seeing what is said on TV about Donald Trump Melania would try to shield him from that constant criticism of his father.

What Kathy did was despicable but hopefully Melania will review the TV watching schedule of her son. And Donald does not himself have clean hands when it comes to saying things about people that their children and grandchildren would be upset to hear. Maybe he'll clean up his own act now. For the sake of the children of course.

@ConservativeGranny

That's true.  If Ted Cruz's daughters had been older when their mother's appearance was mocked, I'm sure they would have been  very upset.

Offline DB

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 12:40:41 am »

There's a third option, BS media induced news.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2017, 12:47:46 am »
There's a third option, BS media induced news.

I'd say maybe - but Melania released a statement about it. Can you recall her releasing a statement before?

My guessing is she's pissed, big time.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2017, 01:12:31 am »
What Griffin did was inexcusable. In my books she's never been funny and I fail to see any humor whatsoever in this.  She's a sick puppy and could use some therapy.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.