Author Topic: How an autistic child became world pinball champion  (Read 681 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
How an autistic child became world pinball champion
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:21:24 pm »
How an autistic child became world pinball champion
By Claire Bates BBC World Service
    30 May 2017
    From the section Magazine

Pinball champion Robert Gagno says having autism has made him a better player. But it's also true that playing pinball has helped him live with autism.

When Robert Gagno plays pinball at his local arcade a crowd usually gathers to watch. The Canadian, who lives near Vancouver in British Columbia, has such control he can make each metal ball last up to an hour. He regularly smashes machine records, typing R E G - Robert Emilio Gagno - in the roll of honour.

"If I'm just playing for fun I can play safe shots over and over again. Along the way I figure out which shots score the most points," the 27-year-old says.

Continued: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-40004224

Wingnut

Re: How an autistic child became world pinball champion
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:30:09 pm »
He stands like a statue,
Becomes part of the machine
Feeling all the bumpers
Always playing clean
He plays by intuition,
The digit counters fall
That deaf dumb and blind kid
Sure plays a mean pin ball!

Offline bolobaby

Re: How an autistic child became world pinball champion
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 08:36:35 pm »
Addam's Family Pinball = Best table EVAH!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!