Author Topic: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump  (Read 20386 times)

Offline Lando Lincoln

Re: Why Conservatives Still Attack Trump
« Reply #275 on: May 31, 2017, 02:43:37 am »
I would not want to enter the dangerous and depressing territory that is your mind.

For me, I think roamer would be a fascinating fellow. We could talk .45-70's, timber cutting, living off the land...  Then, we could drink some bourbon and lie like crazy.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online roamer_1

« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2017, 02:57:20 am »
For me, I think roamer would be a fascinating fellow. We could talk .45-70's, timber cutting, living off the land...  Then, we could drink some bourbon and lie like crazy.

All but the bourbon friend... Probably sweet tea, but you are welcome on my porch any time... Although I have been known to knock the dust off a quart jar from the top cabinet a time or two... It don't take too much talkin' among friends, that is...

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #277 on: May 31, 2017, 02:58:46 am »
@roamer_1
@Lando Lincoln
Roamer is so fine, we are getting married.  I haven't asked him yet, so don't tell him.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:00:38 am by Victoria33 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #278 on: May 31, 2017, 03:02:42 am »
@roamer_1
@Lando Lincolm
Roamer is so fine, we are getting married.  I haven't asked him yet, so don't tell him.

@Victoria33

Aw, shoot! It ain't like you even need to ask, darlin... Just come on up! I prolly got the money for the bus ticket if I scrape out the couch...

888high58888

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #279 on: May 31, 2017, 03:04:25 am »

Maybe a Twilight Zone episode in which you and Roamer are transported to a land of your own making and discover the sad truth that you aren't as good at making a world as you thought you would be.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #280 on: May 31, 2017, 03:09:07 am »
Maybe a Twilight Zone episode in which you and Roamer are transported to a land of your own making and discover the sad truth that you aren't as good at making a world as you thought you would be.

Maybe. But it could turn out to be a fine place with a long line of folks wanting to enter. We'd be very selective.
John Steinbeck

Offline endicom

« Reply #281 on: May 31, 2017, 03:11:34 am »
Sorry, but he was just so dam depressing, I wanted to shoot myself.  I'll be a better person.

You are a better person. Now eat your peas.

@Emjay

Offline Mod1

« Reply #282 on: May 31, 2017, 03:14:01 am »

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #283 on: May 31, 2017, 03:15:33 am »
@Victoria33

Aw, shoot! It ain't like you even need to ask, darlin... Just come on up! I prolly got the money for the bus ticket if I scrape out the couch...

888high58888
@roamer_1

I'll have to buy a new shirt to go with blue jeans in order to be properly attired for the wedding.  We'll have fun sitting on your porch and discussing the world's problems -- and laughing at it all.  I think your location is fairly secluded from the world and that sounds like a good place.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:15:51 am by Victoria33 »

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2017, 03:16:50 am »
All but the bourbon friend... Probably sweet tea, but you are welcome on my porch any time... Although I have been known to knock the dust off a quart jar from the top cabinet a time or two... It don't take too much talkin' among friends, that is...

I spent some time in the Arco area as a young buck back in 1976. The locals started calling me Grizz for some reason. I enjoyed it.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #285 on: May 31, 2017, 03:18:46 am »
@roamer_1

I'll have to buy a new shirt to go with blue jeans in order to be properly attired for the wedding.  We'll have fun sitting on your porch and discussing the world's problems -- and laughing at it all.  I think your location is fairly secluded from the world and that sounds like a good place.

Well, I can see you guys will be fine without me!  Unless I can be an attendant at the ceremony.
John Steinbeck

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #286 on: May 31, 2017, 03:21:17 am »

Well, I can see you guys will be fine without me!  Unless I can be an attendant at the ceremony.
@Lando Lincoln

Come sit on the porch with us.  We'll make up a guest list.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #287 on: May 31, 2017, 03:28:04 am »
@roamer_1

@Victoria33

Nope... not secluded enough... gotta be close to my mom and my grandkids... But I am working on it...

Eighty acres, end of the road, nothing but USFS land all the way around it...
Nice little clear water creek chuckling it's way across the front yard of where the homestead will be... Down toward the lake you'll be able to see from the porch... Two big grazing meadows, two nice little hay patches... Waterwheel for power... A barn full of chickens, cows, and horses, and a yard full of grandkids and dogs

Now I ask you, is there a better thing in the whole world (other than it don't say Texas on it)??
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 03:30:08 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #288 on: May 31, 2017, 03:34:09 am »
Nope... not secluded enough... gotta be close to my mom and my grandkids... But I am working on it...

Nice little clear water creek chuckling it's way across the front yard of where the homestead will be... Down toward the lake you'll be able to see from the porch... Two big grazing meadows, two nice little hay patches... Waterwheel for power... A barn full of chickens, cows, and horses, and a yard full of grandkids and dogs

Now I ask you, is there a better thing in the whole world (other than it don't say Texas on it)??
It sure sounds nice. I'm not so sure about the neighbors, but if they aren't around too much, it'd be good.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2017, 03:38:35 am »
I spent some time in the Arco area as a young buck back in 1976. The locals started calling me Grizz for some reason. I enjoyed it.

Not too surprising... Country folk tend to name the folks they're fond of...

The Salish gave me a name I can't even say unless I am drunk.. It either means something like 'quiet mountain wolf on the path' or 'he who shit*s in both hands'... I ain't quite sure which... Hard to tell with them folks.  :shrug:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #290 on: May 31, 2017, 03:42:32 am »

Hell, son! Just buy you up a Gus style Bailey or Stetson, and drag it along behind the car on the way out...
With that beard, a decent set of kickers, and a faded pair of jeans, you'll fit right in!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #291 on: May 31, 2017, 03:50:08 am »
It sure sounds nice. I'm not so sure about the neighbors, but if they aren't around too much, it'd be good.

The only neighbor that far up the holler is the guy I am getting it from, and he's two miles down the road.
He's one of those Nam vets I told you about... He's a little twitchy. Not much comes up the road that way...
But you'd like him fine, after the first time. And he'll hear you out if you show up in buckskins or gypsy leather... Or down on your luck with a tote over your shoulder.

After he drinks with you, you'll be fine.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #292 on: May 31, 2017, 03:53:55 am »
The only neighbor that far up the holler is the guy I am getting it from, and he's two miles down the road.
He's one of those Nam vets I told you about... He's a little twitchy. Not much comes up the road that way...
But you'd like him fine, after the first time. And he'll hear you out if you show up in buckskins or gypsy leather... Or down on your luck with a tote over your shoulder.

After he drinks with you, you'll be fine.
No, not him, it's the Forest Service people who get a little twitchy and acquisitional from time to time. It wiped out a lot of private holdings in the Appalachians. Denied access, encirclement, and the like.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #293 on: May 31, 2017, 03:56:33 am »
No, not him, it's the Forest Service people who get a little twitchy and acquisitional from time to time. It wiped out a lot of private holdings in the Appalachians. Denied access, encirclement, and the like.

Nah... grandfathered. And they won't come up the holler anyway... people with badges tend to avoid it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #294 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:13 am »
Roamer, it sounds like paradise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #295 on: May 31, 2017, 04:53:47 am »

You are already living in that Twilight Zone episode I imagined.  So, what the heck is wrong?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #296 on: May 31, 2017, 05:37:00 am »
They are the conservatives that stand with Planned Parenthood, they are the conservatives who get nothing done; might as well call them Democrats and Liberals. They are disgraceful.

What a of Elephant poop.  What is so funny about this was Trump thinking his pro abortion sister would have been a great Supreme Court Justice.

I consider myself a Conservative and anti-planned parenthood.  Can't wait till the day it closes unlike wishy washy Trump who continues to spout the planned parenthood Praise.

(In a heated exchange with Senator Ted Cruz over the abortion giant, Trump exclaimed about Planned Parenthood that “it does do wonderful things but not as it relates to abortion.” )
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.