Author Topic: Portland Mayor Demands A Right-Wing Rally Be Shut Down  (Read 1192 times)

rangerrebew

Portland Mayor Demands A Right-Wing Rally Be Shut Down
« on: May 30, 2017, 08:17:23 am »
Portland Mayor Demands A Right-Wing Rally Be Shut Down

May 29, 2017| by Brian Anderson

Last Friday a left-wing nutjob Bernie Bro stabbed two people to death on a Portland, OR train. The left naturally doesn’t want to take ownership of this maniac so they are blaming what he did on President Trump and the right. Portland’s mayor, citing the double-murder, is trying to shut down a right-wing rally in the city planned for next month. Like all liberals, the mayor insists that he is the expert on what speech is protected and what speech should be suppressed.

KATU reports that the Trump Free Speech Rally Portland is scheduled for June 2 in the city. Unfortunately for the liberal-controlled city, this rally is taking place in a plaza run by the federal government so the lefties can’t just pull the permit.

https://downtrend.com/71superb/portland-mayor-demands-a-right-wing-rally-be-shut-down
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 08:18:02 am by rangerrebew »

Online DB

Re: Portland Mayor Demands A Right-Wing Rally Be Shut Down
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01:48 am »
Too many call things "hate" using it as a weapon to cut off debate and "win" the argument because they are certain of their moral superiority. That moral superiority gives them license to crush anyone they disagree with without any further regard. If this mindset continues to infect more and more people there will come a point where the weapons will no longer be words.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 09:32:52 am »
Given it's Portland, I'm surprised there's enough people to have a rally in the first place. Couple of tables in a coffee shop, yes, but a full rally?

Still, my hat is off to them. Smart move, holding it where the mayor can't shut it down.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 10:22:50 am »
Given it's Portland, I'm surprised there's enough people to have a rally in the first place. Couple of tables in a coffee shop, yes, but a full rally?

Still, my hat is off to them. Smart move, holding it where the mayor can't shut it down.

Look at California. It has a population of about 40 million. There could be 10 million conservatives in that state and yet they get crushed in nearly every state wide election. Those 10 million conservatives are greater than all but about 8 states total population.

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 11:01:43 am »
Too many call things "hate" using it as a weapon to cut off debate and "win" the argument because they are certain of their moral superiority. That moral superiority gives them license to crush anyone they disagree with without any further regard. If this mindset continues to infect more and more people there will come a point where the weapons will no longer be words.

Yes they do.  And that particular vice is not just limited to the left, unfortunately. 

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 11:10:17 am »
Yes they do.  And that particular vice is not just limited to the left, unfortunately.

Honestly it makes me angrier at the right because we're supposed to be better than that.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2017, 12:58:34 pm »
If liberals were honest they would admit that they consider "hate speech" any speech that doesn't gibe with what they think about things.
Fascist Wheeler doesn't get to decide what is hate speech and what isn't. Unless the speaker is urging the listeners to go out and commit violent acts (usually a lib-leftist speaker), then that speech is protected by the constitution.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2017, 08:28:59 pm »

And it is growing rapidly it seems.

Wingnut

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2017, 09:35:16 pm »

The ACLU has been very vocal in its support of the rally.  Pretty much told mayor Teddy to go pound sand in his vagina.

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2017, 10:06:56 pm »
Honestly it makes me angrier at the right because we're supposed to be better than that.

Hate is hate no matter how you decide to dress it up.

Freedom of speech is not a grey area open for interpretation.

Online DB

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 11:14:09 pm »
The ACLU has been very vocal in its support of the rally.  Pretty much told mayor Teddy to go pound sand in his vagina.

That's welcome news.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 11:18:34 pm »

If the left is upset about growing antipathy on the right they have no one but themselves to blame.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 11:25:52 pm »
Go fack yer hat.