Author Topic: Where body fat is carried can predict cancer risk  (Read 695 times)

rangerrebew

Where body fat is carried can predict cancer risk
« on: May 27, 2017, 12:16:21 pm »
Where body fat is carried can predict cancer risk

Date:
    May 24, 2017
Source:
    Cancer Research UK
Summary:
    Carrying fat around your middle could be as good an indicator of cancer risk as body mass index (BMI), according to new research.
Share:

FULL STORY

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/05/170524085530.htm
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 12:18:04 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Where body fat is carried can predict cancer risk
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 12:21:27 pm »
AHA! Another reason to charge more for your insurance! In the meantime, the fattest poor people on the planet won't be picking up the tab for their girth, the taxpayers will.
KA-CHING!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 09:35:53 pm »
AHA! Another reason to charge more for your insurance! In the meantime, the fattest poor people on the planet won't be picking up the tab for their girth, the taxpayers will.
KA-CHING!
I've known an awful lot of fit, if not downright skinny people with cancer, and I'm not talking about after they wasted away from the disease.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 09:37:09 pm by GtHawk »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 10:01:51 pm »
I've known an awful lot of fit, if not downright skinny people with cancer, and I'm not talking about after they wasted away from the disease.
Yep. I have known lifelong non-smokers who died of lung cancer, and lifelong smokers who didn't.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis