Author Topic: Boehner: Trump has been 'complete disaster'  (Read 929 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Boehner: Trump has been 'complete disaster'
« on: May 26, 2017, 08:45:49 pm »

By Pete Schroeder May 26, 2017

WASHINGTON, May 26 (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump's time in office has been a "complete disaster" aside from foreign affairs, fellow Republican and former U.S. House Speaker John Boehner said at an energy conference.

The former Ohio congressman said he has been friends with Trump for 15 years but never thought he would occupy the White House.

And while he praised Trump's aggressive steps to challenge the Islamic State militant group and other moves in international affairs, he was highly critical of the president's other early efforts.

"Everything else he's done has been a complete disaster," Boehner said at the energy conference in Houston on Wednesday, according to the energy publication Rigzone. "He's still learning how to be president."

A spokesman for Boehner confirmed the comments.

Boehner, who resigned from Congress in 2015, was also highly critical of efforts by the administration and his former Republican colleagues in Congress to advance sweeping healthcare and tax reform plans.

He said Republicans should never have tried to "repeal and replace" the Affordable Care Act, even after the House narrowly passed an overhaul measure. The Senate is considering its own version of the package.

And he dismissed tax reform efforts, which form a cornerstone of the Republican policy agenda, as "just a bunch of happy talk."

snip

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Live_US_Politics
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: Boehner: Trump has been 'complete disaster'
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2017, 08:48:18 pm »
A case of it takes one to know one?

Go back to your booze there Bonehead and keep pimping for the Left.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 09:03:23 pm »

Boehner said that?   That's probably going to have the opposite effect from what he expects.

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 09:17:52 pm »
And if ANYBODY knows about complete disasters....
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2017, 09:21:35 pm »
I'm sure Boehner thinks his time as Speaker was some sort of success.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2017, 09:23:00 pm »
Well if there's anyone who knows about being a 'complete disaster' it's Boner.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2017, 09:36:14 pm »
Was he crying when he said it?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2017, 09:40:30 pm »
Was he crying when he said it?

Probably not since he knows his hand picked successor will keep things in place!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2017, 09:48:09 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2017, 10:25:01 pm »
The crying Boehner pics at TOS never got old did they? always gave me a chuckle.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2017, 11:00:46 pm »
It really doesn't say much much for a former ranking Member to refer to accomplishing something as a complete disaster.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2017, 01:22:26 am »
Why did a guy who knows nothing and done nothing on energy be invited as keynote speaker at a global energy conference?

Hus ramblings during his talk included "I wake up every day, drink my morning coffee and say hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah."

I believe that conference sponsor KPMG is showing poor discretion in its arrangements, unless it was on some type of rescue mission for alcoholics.

http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/150324/former_house_speaker_boehner_trump_still_learning_how_to_be_president
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington