Author Topic: DHS chief: If you knew what I knew about terror, you’d ‘never leave the house’  (Read 876 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Friday said the terror threat is worse than most realize, saying some people would "never leave the house" if they knew the truth.

“I was telling [Fox host] Steve [Doocy] on the way in here, if he knew what I knew about terrorism, he’d never leave the house in the morning,” Kelly said on “Fox & Friends.”

He noted there were four major terror attacks in the last week — in England, Egypt, the Philippines and Indonesia — "by generally the same groups."

“It’s everywhere. It’s constant. It’s nonstop. The good news for us in America is we have amazing people protecting us every day. But it can happen here almost anytime.”

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/335272-dhs-chief-youd-never-leave-the-house-with-my-terror-info
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

So why aren't we rounding up known suspects, yet? Pre-emptive detention for the duration, to save lives.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPsllor4eAQ
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Mesaclone

Homeland Security Secretary John Kelly on Friday said the terror threat is worse than most realize, saying some people would "never leave the house" if they knew the truth.

“I was telling [Fox host] Steve [Doocy] on the way in here, if he knew what I knew about terrorism, he’d never leave the house in the morning,” Kelly said on “Fox & Friends.”

He noted there were four major terror attacks in the last week — in England, Egypt, the Philippines and Indonesia — "by generally the same groups."

“It’s everywhere. It’s constant. It’s nonstop. The good news for us in America is we have amazing people protecting us every day. But it can happen here almost anytime.”

More: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/335272-dhs-chief-youd-never-leave-the-house-with-my-terror-info

Too many think the threat isn't real...or at least...that its far away from where they are living and going about their business. It is not. It is in our midst, watching and observing and planning...if you fly, go to major sports events or other large venues, you have crossed paths and been part of this "watch" being conducted by terrorists. They ARE here, they ARE active, and you are a fool if you think you've not crossed their path in public venues.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Too many think the threat isn't real...or at least...that its far away from where they are living and going about their business. It is not. It is in our midst, watching and observing and planning...if you fly, go to major sports events or other large venues, you have crossed paths and been part of this "watch" being conducted by terrorists. They ARE here, they ARE active, and you are a fool if you think you've not crossed their path in public venues.

I was in the air during the 9/11 attacks, on one of the 99.9% of the flights in the US on that morning which landed safely.  Yeah, there's a threat, but even though I happened to be flying at the time it was still 1000:1 against me being effected.

I also skipped class (to go shooting) while a nutcase shot several people in the building I was supposed to be in.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Mesaclone

I was in the air during the 9/11 attacks, on one of the 99.9% of the flights in the US on that morning which landed safely.  Yeah, there's a threat, but even though I happened to be flying at the time it was still 1000:1 against me being effected.

I also skipped class (to go shooting) while a nutcase shot several people in the building I was supposed to be in.

The danger is very broad and very imminent is the point. I'm guessing there are a few on the board who also understand just how omnipresent and active the threats is...its not exaggerating to say nearly everyone has come in some sort of contact with a location that is being watched and analyzed by the bad guys. They are here and they are at work. I honestly wish more information was made public, though the fear is that this might cause some hysteria...or that sources would be compromised. But too many are far too complacent right now and we need to err on the side of letting people see what is actively occurring within our borders.
We have the best government that money can buy. Mark Twain