Author Topic: Israel Alters Intelligence Sharing with US  (Read 764 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Israel Alters Intelligence Sharing with US
« on: May 24, 2017, 08:56:34 pm »
Israel says it has changed its intelligence-sharing protocols with the United States after President Donald Trump disclosed classified information to Russian diplomats earlier this month that had come from Israel, even though Tel Aviv had not assented to his handing it to another country.

Israeli defense chief Avigdor Liberman told Army Radio on Wednesday, “I can confirm that we did a spot repair and that there’s unprecedented intelligence cooperation with the United States."

He added, "What we had to clarify with our friends in the United States, we did. We did our checks.”

Liberman declined to say what changes had been made. "Not everything needs to be discussed in the media; some things need to be talked about in closed rooms," he said.

More (mostly cold rehash of stuff we've already talked about): http://www.voanews.com/a/israel-us-intelligence-sharing/3868845.html
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online corbe

Re: Israel Alters Intelligence Sharing with US
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 10:31:23 pm »
   And it seems now the Brits are pissed at us, 2 very important Allies we cannot live without, pi$$ed on again, reminds me of the last guy.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 10:34:33 pm »
   And it seems now the Brits are pissed at us, 2 very important Allies we cannot live without, pi$$ed on again, reminds me of the last guy.

It IS the last guy and his department heads.  We will be years rooting out all the problems they created if we ever do!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 10:41:06 pm »
It IS the last guy and his department heads.  We will be years rooting out all the problems they created if we ever do!

Media too - pass them a significant chunk of the blame. Hell, they've got ex SpecOps talking publicly now.  :shrug:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 10:42:56 pm »
Media too - pass them a significant chunk of the blame. Hell, they've got ex SpecOps talking publicly now.  :shrug:

Indeed!  And THAT pisses me off royally!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 01:37:40 am »
Could be a ploy vs. ISIS, making them think Israeli intelligence is in their ranks, wouldn't that play with their heads.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 01:43:43 pm »

The leaks, if they are such, are not coming the WH ... but from US law enforcement.

Please, get control of your knee jerks.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 02:16:25 pm »
The leaks, if they are such, are not coming the WH ... but from US law enforcement.

Get a hold of your own. No one is saying that, on either thread. Try reading instead of fluffing.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2017, 02:20:39 pm »

It doesn't make a damned bit of difference who here leaked the information! The Brits and the Israeli's are perfectly justified in taking the actions they have!
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:22:39 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien