Author Topic: Here are the 66 programs eliminated in Trump's budget  (Read 7257 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Here are the 66 programs eliminated in Trump's budget
« on: May 24, 2017, 01:02:10 pm »
Here are the 66 programs eliminated in Trump's budget
By Niv Elis - 05/23/17 02:03 PM EDT

President Trump's fiscal 2018 budget proposal would completely eliminate 66 federal programs, for a savings of $26.7 billion. 

Some of the programs would receive funding for 2018 as part of a phasing-out plan.

Here are the programs the administration wants on the chopping block.

more
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/334768-here-are-the-66-programs-eliminated-in-trumps-budget
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Here are the 66 programs eliminated in Trump's budget
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 01:04:54 pm »
Really???

Actual CUTS!  Be still my heart!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 01:14:59 pm »
I'm glad to see the cuts; especially the State Criminal ALIEN Assistance Program!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 01:18:45 pm »
66 pocket-liners. Not my pocket and probably not yours.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2017, 01:24:16 pm »
66 pocket-liners. Not my pocket and probably not yours.

Mostly conduits for funneling public monies into private, and mostly liberal, pockets!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Gideon300

• Equal Opportunity Bigot
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 01:59:42 pm »
I like it!  It's a good start, but I would still like to see Planned Parenthood Abortion Mill and Public Broadcasting Indoctrination System on the list.  I'm hoping I just missed them while reading...

Offline endicom

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2017, 02:06:43 pm »
I like it!  It's a good start, but I would still like to see Planned Parenthood Abortion Mill and Public Broadcasting Indoctrination System on the list.  I'm hoping I just missed them while reading...

"Corporation for Public Broadcasting"

Congress will knock out many if not most of these cuts.

Offline endicom

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 02:08:44 pm »
Mostly conduits for funneling public monies into private, and mostly liberal, pockets!

A full list of such programs would be extensive and would leave us wondering where the hell the money goes.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 02:10:17 pm »
Well, guys, this so-called budget has to go through our illustrious representatives first, and I hear members of both parties are already squawking over the cuts.  This will be watered down considerably.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 02:11:16 pm »
Well, guys, this so-called budget has to go through our illustrious representatives first, and I hear members of both parties are already squawking over the cuts.  This will be watered down considerably.

More like entirely!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 02:20:47 pm »
Really???

Ditto.  Yay Trump, for doing something Conservative.  Glad to have him on board with this one.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 02:23:37 pm »
Really???

It wouldn't hurt the credibility of the usual suspects on this forum to lend a positive word to this news, which (I assume) should be welcome by all of us.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:25:34 pm »
It wouldn't hurt the credibility of the usual suspects on this forum to lend a positive word to this news, which (I assume) should be welcome by all of us.

Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2017, 02:31:35 pm »
Just think of how much money could be saved if Congress only spent money constitutionally. That would include removing their perks and special insurance and retirement benefits.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2017, 02:33:55 pm »
Hitlery says the budget is cruel, De Blasio says it will kill children, and Pelosi called it a killer. Folks, budgets don't kill people, people kill people! :silly:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2017, 02:34:15 pm »
Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Analysis Program?

Hmmm...  There could be long-term costs to this, as development is increasing flood areas and if they aren't reassessed, the government will be undercharging for flood insurance relative to the risk (well, even more than they currently do).

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2017, 02:38:31 pm »
Here is a headline we'd never see, "Here are the 66 Programs Eliminated in Hillary's Budget."

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2017, 02:44:15 pm »

@skeeter

Take my advice and don't hold your breath waiting for that!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2017, 02:50:12 pm »
Look, Trump Fans,  I will admit this proposal is a good start.  Forgive me for not prostrating myself in awe of your hero.  But you must understand there will be considerable pushback from the usual suspects in congress.  They are not about to let go of the entitlements they use to secure votes in their districts.  If half the cuts make it through, it will be a miracle.  Of course, I will rejoice if at least some of the cuts make it.   But we have to be realistic.  It's going to be a tough battle for whatever reductions we get.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2017, 02:54:08 pm »
Just think of how much money could be saved if Congress only spent money constitutionally.

Sounds like something Ted Cruz would say.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2017, 02:58:32 pm »
Look, Trump Fans,  I will admit this proposal is a good start.  Forgive me for not prostrating myself in awe of your hero.  But you must understand there will be considerable pushback from the usual suspects in congress.  They are not about to let go of the entitlements they use to secure votes in their districts.  If half the cuts make it through, it will be a miracle.  Of course, I will rejoice if at least some of the cuts make it.   But we have to be realistic.  It's going to be a tough battle for whatever reductions we get.

Trump is FAR from "my hero"! Would you be kind enough to show me the last time any president proposed getting rid of anywhere near this amount of government BS?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2017, 03:30:37 pm »
   Sometimes you Trumpsters remind me of another NY Liberal

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2017, 03:31:53 pm »
   Sometimes you Trumpsters remind me of another NY Liberal

Some people cannot see the forest for the trees it seems!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 03:32:20 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline thackney

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2017, 03:38:00 pm »
Flood Hazard Mapping and Risk Analysis Program?

Hmmm...  There could be long-term costs to this, as development is increasing flood areas and if they aren't reassessed, the government will be undercharging for flood insurance relative to the risk (well, even more than they currently do).

How do they eliminate the risk analysis while keeping the National Flood Insurance Program?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2017, 04:15:02 pm »
Sounds like something Ted Cruz would say.

Exactly.