Author Topic: WaPo: Trump asked intelligence chiefs to push back against FBI collusion probe after Comey revealed its existence  (Read 2127 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Adam Entous and Ellen Nakashima May 22 at 6:23 PM

President Trump asked two of the nation’s top intelligence officials in March to help him push back against an FBI investigation into possible coordination between his campaign and the Russian government, according to current and former officials.

Trump made separate appeals to the director of national intelligence, Daniel Coats, and to Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency, urging them to publicly deny the existence of any evidence of collusion during the 2016 election.

Coats and Rogers refused to comply with the requests, which they both deemed to be inappropriate, according to two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private communications with the president.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-asked-intelligence-chiefs-to-push-back-against-fbi-collusion-probe-after-comey-revealed-its-existence/2017/05/22/394933bc-3f10-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?tid=a_breakingnews&utm_term=.a46e5a7fbfe6
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Greg Sargent‏Verified account @ThePlumLineGS

Big reveal in new WaPo scoop: Senior WH officials asked top intel people if there was way to shut down Comey:

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

Another nothingburger from the creeps at WaPo. Why shouldn't Donny push back against this? They have absolutely nothing on him. No one is arrested, on trial or even under indictment. No evidence has been produced to show anything.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Steve Kopack‏Verified account @SteveKopack

After Coats and Rogers refused Trump's request, the conversation was documented in internal memo ("tapes"?)

Support the USO

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Another nothingburger from the creeps at WaPo. Why shouldn't Donny push back against this? They have absolutely nothing on him. No one is arrested, on trial or even under indictment. No evidence has been produced to show anything.

Exactly!  Total BS!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/22/report-trump-asked-top-intel-officials-to-bury-russia-probe-following-comeys-house-testimony/?utm_campaign=atdailycaller&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

REPORT: Trump Asked Top Intel Officials To Bury Russia Probe Following Comey’s House Testimony

Christian Datoc
Reporter
7:40 PM 05/22/2017

Multiple sources tell The Washington Post that James Comey’s March testimony before the House Intelligence Committee prompted President Donald Trump to ask two senior intelligence officials to shut down the probe into possible collusion between his presidential campaign and Russia.

According to WaPo’s sources — “two current and two former officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity” — Trump reached out to both Director of National Intelligence Daniel Coates and National Security Agency Director Michael Rogers “to publicly deny the existence” of collusion.

Both Coates and Rogers rejected the requests.

“The problem wasn’t so much asking them to issue statements, it was asking them to issue false statements about an ongoing investigation,” one source explained to the Post.

Despite the Post’s sourcing, its report did not provide documented evidence of Trump’s requests.

more at link
Support the USO

geronl

Trump wanted the probe quashed.

Offline Frank Cannon

Despite the Post’s sourcing, its report did not provide documented evidence of Trump’s requests.

more at link

Of course it didn't because WaPo is a muckraking fraud that no one cares about.

geronl

?

Donaldus Minimus trying to quash an investigation is a pretty serious charge.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 3h3 hours ago

BREAKING: Mueller asked to be (and was) briefed on the Trump-Comey memos, which means the President IS a target of the Russia investigation.
Support the USO

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Every night a new "bombshell." If any of these stories are true, why didn't the officials blow the whistle at the time- yet they all have contemporaneous notes- very convenient. I need to see some actual proof.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Every night a new "bombshell." If any of these stories are true, why didn't the officials blow the whistle at the time- yet they all have contemporaneous notes- very convenient. I need to see some actual proof.

Exactly...you can write and date anything now...
Support the USO

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC 2h2 hours ago

NBC News has confirmed the Post report that Trump asked Coats and Rogers to say there was no collusion, a request they found inappropriate.
Support the USO

Offline Frank Cannon

Seth Abramson‏Verified account @SethAbramson 3h3 hours ago

BREAKING: Mueller asked to be (and was) briefed on the Trump-Comey memos, which means the President IS a target of the Russia investigation.

Could mean that Comey is the target since the memos showed he lied to congress and broke the law. Donny did nothing illegal.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Frank Cannon

Ken Dilanian‏Verified account @KenDilanianNBC 2h2 hours ago

NBC News has confirmed the Post report that Trump asked Coats and Rogers to say there was no collusion, a request they found inappropriate.

Confirmed with named sources? Didn't think so.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Yep. We are hearing accusations of High Crimes and Misdemeanors, so the WaPo and the rest of the propaganda media have a very very high bar to meet here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Could mean that Comey is the target since the memos showed he lied to congress and broke the law. Donny did nothing illegal.

THAT I would prefer more than anything given his ridiculous antics with the Hillary exoneration.

But something in my gut says otherwise.

My wife is convinced that Trump was supposed to go down in the 9th Round for Hillary and decided not to - because you know - winning and all that.

So her thoughts are that all this is coordinated payback by ALL of DC.

Remains to be seen.  I simply don't know one way or the other. 

Both Hillary and Trump sucked in my estimation - and I didn't vote for either of them.

So in one regard, I don't care.

In the other - I want Comey to answer for his FBI misuse of covering for Hildabeast.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

I hope this is not true, because if so, this is gonna blow up any Legislative progress we had on obummercare and tax reform currently in the works and paralyze DC.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Oceander

Why should they?  Trump handed them his head; they don't have to collect on it immediately.

That's the nature of politics, a field that Trump is clearly grossly incompetent at.

Offline thackney

Are they not required to report it at the time, if actual tampering with the investigation occurs?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

geronl

"at the time"?

It is very current as these things go, it takes time to consult a lawyer and get your ducks in a row before you step into the highway to "play". It's not as if this happened years ago.