Author Topic: Manchester Suicide Bombing  (Read 29768 times)

Silver Pines

@CatherineofAragon

Truth Seeker didn't do anything wrong, TRG is out calling people idiots and talking about Tucker Carlson.

I just attributed all of this to how Never Trumpers act.

@TomSea

Just shut up.

Offline musiclady

@DB

They won't, though.  They'll hold the vigils, and maybe march through the streets holding hands, and by this evening we'll probably be hearing " Manchester Strong."

You'd think that eventually the left would catch on.  I'm sure it helps emotionally at the time to hold those vigils, but when nothing more is done it's no more than giving a placebo to a person filled with cancer.

I hope England actually DOES something this time.  When will they say "Enough!"??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

You'd think that eventually the left would catch on.  I'm sure it helps emotionally at the time to hold those vigils, but when nothing more is done it's no more than giving a placebo to a person filled with cancer.

I hope England actually DOES something this time.  When will they say "Enough!"??

They didn't do anything when it was Lee Rigby.  What makes you think they'll do anything for this?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
@TomSea

I live close to Appomattox in Virginia.  Aside from being known for its historical status, it's rural farming country.  A few years ago some Muslims moved into the area and set up a paramilitary compound.  They're part of Muslims of America, which has these camps seeded all over the nation.  Fox News did a story on them and their acceptance of funding from radical sources overseas; they chased off the reporter and his crew.

Now when I run down to the Kroger or the Walmart in Appomattox, there are plenty of Muslims there, and they glare at you like they hate you.  I wouldn't be surprised if one of those stores gets blown sky high one day.  Sometimes when I come out and get into my car, I actually think, "Escaped again."

The largest Muslim School in the U.S. is less than two miles from the back gate of Ft. Belvoir.  When I left for Germany in 2010 the Fairfax City Council had just approved their request to expand the school.

A former Valedictorian of that school is doing 30 years in the Federal Pen for plotting to kill W.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Nope they just thing appeasement and MORE appeasement will eventually civilize these savages.

When they have open war on their streets with the Radicals who've moved in in enough force to challenge the Government.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Manchester Suicide Bombing
« Reply #280 on: May 23, 2017, 02:30:24 pm »
Yes, I despise these vigils. It makes people feel all virtuous and like they've done something, when all they've done is divert and diffuse righteous anger and real actions.

Silver Pines

@musiclady

I'm cynical, I suppose, but I don't expect they will.  Western countries just don't seem to have the stomach for self-preservation anymore.

Last night I was reading Jonah Goldberg's Twitter.  He had a link to an article which contained many celebrities' tweets regarding the incident.  Every one of them offered sad condolences as though those kids all died from an epidemic of the flu.  And those tweets mirror the culture.

Offline musiclady

They didn't do anything when it was Lee Rigby.  What makes you think they'll do anything for this?

Nothing makes me think that.

The question I posed was rhetorical.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline r9etb

I guess the problem is, what does "saying 'enough!'" actually look like?  They can't "outlaw Islam," and they can't simply start rounding people up without cause or due process -- that 'cure' would probably end up worse than the disease itself. 

There are precedents from the bad old days of the IRA, however, and there are certain Imams and radical mosques that might be targeted.  Unfortunately, it's probably impossible to get them all.

Silver Pines

The largest Muslim School in the U.S. is less than two miles from the back gate of Ft. Belvoir.  When I left for Germany in 2010 the Fairfax City Council had just approved their request to expand the school.

A former Valedictorian of that school is doing 30 years in the Federal Pen for plotting to kill W.

@txradioguy

I remember that now. 

Well, I guess the activist courts know what's best for us, and stopping Muslim immigration clearly isn't it. /s

Offline musiclady

@musiclady

I'm cynical, I suppose, but I don't expect they will.  Western countries just don't seem to have the stomach for self-preservation anymore.

Last night I was reading Jonah Goldberg's Twitter.  He had a link to an article which contained many celebrities' tweets regarding the incident.  Every one of them offered sad condolences as though those kids all died from an epidemic of the flu.  And those tweets mirror the culture.

I'm not sure of the details, but I remember that someone in Sweden, when talking about their losing their culture because of the Muslim invasion of 'refugees,' said that Sweden didn't have a culture. 

The left is willfully blind to the cancer destroying Europe/England.

Nothing will change.  :shrug:

Offline Axeslinger

@DB

They won't, though.  They'll hold the vigils, and maybe march through the streets holding hands, and by this evening we'll probably be hearing " Manchester Strong."
@CatherineofAragon
We can't blame Islam, Catherine!!!! It's one of the worlds great religions and it's a religion of peaceTM!!!!

They will not see the evil before them until they're personally forced to bow before the blade.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:39:12 pm by Axeslinger »
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Silver Pines

« Reply #288 on: May 23, 2017, 02:36:21 pm »
Yes, I despise these vigils. It makes people feel all virtuous and like they've done something, when all they've done is divert and diffuse righteous anger and real actions.

@Sanguine

Exactly---very well put.  We've become a culture that enjoys wallowing in empty gestures.

Offline musiclady

I guess the problem is, what does "saying 'enough!'" actually look like?  They can't "outlaw Islam," and they can't simply start rounding people up without cause or due process -- that 'cure' would probably end up worse than the disease itself. 

There are precedents from the bad old days of the IRA, however, and there are certain Imams and radical mosques that might be targeted.  Unfortunately, it's probably impossible to get them all.

As was mentioned up thread, they will probably rush to protect the Imams and radical mosques from that "evil" backlash that they always warn us of...... you know the backlash that never happens because the majority of people are actually civilized?

If law enforcement did their jobs and sought out the sources, and when they know about dangerous people do something to stop them, the situation would improve.

But they don't.

They knew about this guy and they did nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
I'm not sure of the details, but I remember that someone in Sweden, when talking about their losing their culture because of the Muslim invasion of 'refugees,' said that Sweden didn't have a culture. 

The left is willfully blind to the cancer destroying Europe/England.

Nothing will change.  :shrug:

The article you're thinking of is in Foreign Policy magazine.

Offline musiclady

The article you're thinking of is in Foreign Policy magazine.

Thanks!  I read so many things and don't document them, so when it comes to filling in the details of the stories I remember, I'm usually at a loss.   :shrug:

All I know is that I am the granddaughter of four Swedish immigrants, and the beneficiary of a wonderful culture that they left behind.  I am offended that Sweden is being destroyed because its leaders don't even care about the country they're supposed to be leading.

Leftists are ignorant fools.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #292 on: May 23, 2017, 02:51:58 pm »
True.  But if you were a terrorist bomber...would you be more likely to try and blow yourself up in an area where people are carrying concealed and the cops have guns or a gun free zone.

Gotta remember...the normal beat cops in England don't even carry guns.  Terrorist there know they can do this stuff with little challenge.

Sadly that won't happen.  Like I said...it's too late to take those steps...can't put toothpaste back in the tube so to speak.

That will work there about as well as it will here...which means it won't
Think of the explosives they use, though. HMTD and TATP are shock sensitive. Shoot them and set them off, if you can't do a head shot, and with deadman switches and remote (cell phone) activation of 'suicide' bombers (backup in case they decide not to martyr themselves), it is a real question whether being armed is much of a defense unless you can hit them where there are few people about. I would wager most CCW holders can't hit a salad  plate at 50 yards, and that's the level of accuracy needed with every shot. They might go off anyway, and a center of mass shot will likely detonate them.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #293 on: May 23, 2017, 02:53:26 pm »
Quinn: 'What strategy? Tell me what the strategy is and I'll tell you if it's working'.

(silence)

Quinn: 'See, that right there is the problem, because they - they have a strategy,' Quinn says. 'They're gathering right now in Raqqa by the tens of thousands, hidden in the civilian population, cleaning their weapons and they know exactly why they're there.'

CIA Official: 'Why is that?'

Quinn: They call it the end times. What do you think the be-headings are about? The crucifixions in Deir Hafer, the revival of slavery? Do you think they make this s*** up? It's all in the book. Their f****** book. The only book they ever read - they read it all the time. They never stop. They're there for one reason and one reason only: to die for the Caliphate and usher in a world without infidels. That's their strategy and it's been that way since the seventh century. So do you really think that a few special forces teams are going to put a dent in that?"

Offline r9etb

As was mentioned up thread, they will probably rush to protect the Imams and radical mosques from that "evil" backlash that they always warn us of...... you know the backlash that never happens because the majority of people are actually civilized?

.... Mentioned by one of our resident hand-wringers, right?  "OOhhhh, the west is done, done, done!!!  8888crybaby"  They're as bad as the vigil-goers.  All bluster and no rational thought. 

I expect the British authorities are probably a lot more brutal about this stuff than people recognize, and for sure the French are.  Granting the reflexive and well-nigh suicidal protectiveness of the left, they don't represent the feelings of most. 

They knew about this guy and they did nothing.

"Knowing about" is shaky grounds, though.  They're keeping their eyes on probably hundreds or thousands of potential terrorists.  They simply can't "do something" about all of them, and even if they're doing their best, the ugly truth is that every once in a while one will get past the guards.  The problem is, in a country like the UK, governed by rule of law, subject to Constitutional constraints ... how do you keep it balanced?

Had he done anything for which he could actually be arrested?  Consider carefully how you'd answer.  Do you think you'd like to live in a place where being arrested "on suspicion" was the norm.  After all, you post here -- to many on the left you're as suspicious and dangerous as the bomber was.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #295 on: May 23, 2017, 02:58:18 pm »
Think of the explosives they use, though. HMTD and TATP are shock sensitive. Shoot them and set them off, if you can't do a head shot, and with deadman switches and remote (cell phone) activation of 'suicide' bombers (backup in case they decide not to martyr themselves), it is a real question whether being armed is much of a defense unless you can hit them where there are few people about. I would wager most CCW holders can't hit a salad  plate at 50 yards, and that's the level of accuracy needed with every shot. They might go off anyway, and a center of mass shot will likely detonate them.

Cell phone jammers in all public arenas would work...let the people complain.  Then ask them...would they rather do without FB and Snapchat for a couple hours or be dead?

Most of the attacks here are with weapons...not bombs...because of the terrorist's ability to purchase them in the States that isn't available to them in Europe.

And at the end of the day...the very fact that there are CCW permit holders in the crowd and they don't know who they are is a bigger deterrent than how accurately one can shoot.

Hence the reason the attacks in the U.S. have happened in gun free zones.
The terrorists aren't going to ask someone how well they did at the range last weekend before they decide whether or not to open fire.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #296 on: May 23, 2017, 02:58:37 pm »

@Smokin Joe
 :thumbsup:
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline skeeter

All I know is that I am the granddaughter of four Swedish immigrants, and the beneficiary of a wonderful culture that they left behind.  I am offended that Sweden is being destroyed because its leaders don't even care about the country they're supposed to be leading.

Leftists are ignorant fools.

They will have their heaven on earth where we all coexist and happily work together or we'll all die in their trying.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #298 on: May 23, 2017, 03:01:36 pm »

:amen:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Why not? Why not outlaw Islam, seize their lands and properties, burn their places of worship, and send them out of the country (or behead them) if they refuse to swear fealty to the Crown and the CoE? It has been done before, only to Catholics, under Henry VIII.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_the_Monasteries
It is not without precedent, however moldy, only the will is lacking.
(I'm not trying to start the 'troubles' again, just making a historical point.)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:18:09 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis