Author Topic: Manchester Suicide Bombing  (Read 29759 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: Breaking - Police respond to Manchester Arena blast reports
« Reply #200 on: May 23, 2017, 03:12:43 am »
*bleep* like those who attack me don't deserve to be here.

:odrama:

Edited to remove unnecessary and slanderous characterization from quote. MOD2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:05:39 pm by Smokin Joe »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #201 on: May 23, 2017, 03:14:53 am »
So did you get the quote?

I just realized that Q would make a great screen name.  When I get banned and sneak back I'm going to see if it's available.
Must not be a Star Trek fan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

Geronl, don't throw that word around here, please.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #203 on: May 23, 2017, 03:30:30 am »

You're a genuine unhinged piece of *bleep*. No wonder you have no friends here. You are unstable garbage.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:26:23 pm by Mod2 »

Offline MOD8

Don't make me come back there, Gentleman

Online Smokin Joe

Latest from fox has wounded up to 50, 19 dead.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/22/ariana-grande-concert-attack-at-least-19-killed-50-hurt-in-terrorist-incident.html

Also: an explanation for the second explosion noted by some early reports:

Some witnesses reported hearing two blasts, a discrepancy that could not immediately be reconciled. Around three hours after the attack, police tweeted they had carried out a controlled explosion in a park near the arena.

Officers carrying out a precautionary controlled explosion in Cathedral Garden confirm that it was abandoned clothing, not a suspicious item

Latest from CNN http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/22/europe/manchester-arena-incident/index.html

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #206 on: May 23, 2017, 03:37:12 am »
Will you kindly quit defecating all over this thread and trying to make it about you. There are people bleeding in the street and dead over there and all you have done is whine. If you quit being so juvenile, you won't feel so threatened. (As if there were any here) Grow up.

38?

« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:07:14 pm by Smokin Joe »

C S Lewis

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Pictures come in, it looks like some 10-ish year olds are there and I know that some of these "teen idol" types attract listeners that young so I assume they go to concerts. Horrible.

It's interesting that the police officer in that same picture in the yellow coat has long hair and beard and could easily be a Muslim himself if I may say so.

Horrible, so the very young were there. I've seen quite a few kids and a ton of mid-teens types.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:52:48 am by TomSea »

Online Smokin Joe

Pictures come in, it looks like some 10-ish year olds are there and I know that some of these "teen idol" types attract listeners that young so I assume they go to concerts. Horrible.

Like the person most to the left on this from the Daily Mail.

It's interesting that the police officer in that same picture in the yellow coat has long hair and beard and could easily be a Muslim himself if I may say so.

Horrible, so the very young were there.
A lot of people who are/were there are going to be scarred by this. Considering that we Americans get a lot of out stubbornness from English stock (And Irish, Scots, and German) this might just turn off a bunch of youngsters to 'multiculturalism' even though BREXIT indicates what could be a trend in that direction.
From the CNN page linked above, the singer is pretty upset over the whole thing, too.

Sad that some folks won't learn until events like this hammer it in, and some never will. As for the policeman, no matter where his cultural/ethnic roots go back to, he doesn't look any too happy over it all, either.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I can't read anymore my heart is breaking thing of hurt and dead tweens and teenagers. And their parents.

Bless the families, the doctors and nurses, the police and fire and other first aid workers.

And may karma happen to those who made this horrible thing  happen.

I'm going to bed now. G-d bless England. G-d bless us all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 03:59:37 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

geronl

I'm done with this thread. I have been repeatedly attacked by the *deleted* on this forum and then I get blamed because I replied.

They can go to hell.

Edited to remove unnecessary and slanderous characterization  MOD2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:28:24 pm by Mod2 »

Online Smokin Joe

I can't read anymore my heart is breaking thing of hurt and dead tweens and teenagers. And their parents.

Bless the families, the doctors and nurses, the police and fire and other first aid workers.

And may karma happen to those who made this horrible thing  happen.

I'm going to bed now. G-d bless England. G-d bless us all.
Good night, dear Freya. May you be blessed with sweet dreams free of all that.

C S Lewis

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I think a lot of people who are missing limbs (like my brother in law) would disagree that they "may as well be dead".

I can see how you may have misunderstood me. It's my fault. That is not what I meant at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Frank Cannon

As for the policeman, no matter where his cultural/ethnic roots go back to, he doesn't look any too happy over it all, either.

I don't trust a single one of them. We have been in this battle against these muslim terrorists for about 25 years (the first Trade Center bombing) and we don't hear anything from these folks except to bitch about profiling and to lodge frivolous lawsuits. When the muslims start holding demonstrations to end terrorism in their own ranks instead of pushing Sharia law, I may change my opinion on that.

Online Smokin Joe

I don't trust a single one of them. We have been in this battle against these muslim terrorists for about 25 years (the first Trade Center bombing) and we don't hear anything from these folks except to bitch about profiling and to lodge frivolous lawsuits. When the muslims start holding demonstrations to end terrorism in their own ranks instead of pushing Sharia law, I may change my opinion on that.
He could well be Indian or Sikh, and neither of them have much love for the Muslims, either. Not knowing, and him not looking happy, my guess is he isn't Muslim.

I agree, it's time to call for question. Assimilate or find someplace else they can. Anyone who puts anything hyphenated in front of "American" isn't American first.

C S Lewis

Offline LetsTalk

• Right Here. Right Now.
God, these videos are so hard to watch. Those poor kids, just looking to have some good, innocent fun. :(
"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly
to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly."

-Albert Einstein

Offline anubias

I'm done with this thread. I have been repeatedly attacked by the terrorists on this forum and then I get blamed because I replied.

They can go to hell.

Would you please stop?  There are dead children and you are having a childish tantrum on this thread?  Please have some common decency for once.

Offline Suppressed

Woman with nails in her leg. (Warning: video contains disturbing footage)

https://mobile.twitter.com/TEN_GOP/status/866802302807674884/video/1
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline DB

It would be nice if the world would skip the candle vigils and hand holding this time and actually get angry and do something about this. It is no mystery what the source is.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 07:42:41 am by DB »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2017, 07:53:01 am »
You're a genuine unhinged piece of *bleep*. No wonder you have no friends here. You are unstable garbage.

QFT

Edited to remove characterization from quote. MOD2
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:24:44 pm by Mod2 »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DB

« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2017, 08:01:39 am »
QFT

How about we give it a rest. He does have friends here - even if that is tested from time to time. The same can be said for Frank. What was said early in this thread was not intended the way it sounded later as the actual details came in. The holier than thou piling on is not attractive - period.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Manchester Suicide Bombing
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2017, 09:36:20 am »
Manchester attack: 22 dead and 59 hurt in suicide bombing

Twenty-two people, including children, have been killed and 59 injured in a suicide attack at Manchester Arena.

The blast happened in the foyer at 22:35 BST on Monday at the end of a concert by US singer Ariana Grande.

Police said the lone male attacker, who died in the blast, detonated a homemade bomb.

Relatives are using social media to hunt for missing loved ones, and an emergency number, 0161 856 9400, has been set up.

The prime minister has chaired a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra committee and is expected to travel to Manchester later.

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said it was "the most horrific incident" the city had ever faced.

He said the "fast-moving investigation" was now working to establish whether the attacker "was acting alone or as part of a network".

Sixty ambulances attended the incident and those wounded are now being treated at six hospitals around the city.

The UK threat level has been has been judged to be severe for nearly three years - which means an attack is considered highly likely.

But in recent months the tempo of counter terrorist activity has been increasing with - on average - an arrest every day.

After the attack in Westminster by Khalid Masood in March, police and security officials have been warning that further attacks were almost inevitable.

But they also believed that those were more likely to be low-tech involving knives or vehicles. The fact that the Manchester attack involved explosives will worry them.

It may not have been at the level of complexity seen in Paris in 2015, when multiple attackers sent from Syria used guns and suicide belts, but it will still have required planning.

World leaders have expressed solidarity with the UK, including US President Donald Trump, who called those responsible "evil losers".

Police have established a help centre at Manchester City's Etihad Stadium, access Gate 11, for anyone who needs assistance in tracing loved ones.

Twitter has been flooded with appeals from relatives and friends of missing concertgoers via the hashtag #MissingInManchester.

Facebook also activated a safety check feature so that people can let their family and friends know they are safe.

The blast happened close to the entrance to Victoria railway and tram station. The station has been closed and all trains cancelled.

Police also carried out a precautionary controlled explosion in the Cathedral Garden area of the city at about 01:32. The force later confirmed it was not a dangerous item.

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham said the city would "pull together", adding: "That's what we are. That's what we do. They won't win."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40010124

Snipped various eyewitness accounts, full article is much longer.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Manchester Suicide Bombing
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2017, 09:37:32 am »
Title once again changed to reflect what we know.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Manchester Suicide Bombing
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2017, 10:53:47 am »
'THE SPIRIT OF MANCHESTER WILL NEVER BE BROKEN' Theresa May pays tribute to the bravery of emergency services and blasts the cowardice of the Manchester attacker

The Prime Minister will travel to Manchester later today

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3626914/theresa-may-cobra-meeting-manchester-terror-attack-suicide-bomb-ariana-grande/

I feel cynical, the words are right but we've been through this a number of times in the past 6 months in particular it seems, Germany, St. Petersburg, now, once again.

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Re: Manchester Suicide Bombing
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2017, 10:53:47 am »
So sad, I'm praying for these people. 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.