Author Topic: Netanyahu ahead of Trump visit: Israel didn’t occupy Jerusalem, we liberated it  (Read 1022 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Netanyahu ahead of Trump visit: Israel didn’t occupy Jerusalem, we liberated it
ByTovah Lazaroff
May 22, 2017 00:02
In Saudi Arabia, Trump spoke with Saudi King Salman about the peace process.
(see picture at link)
Fireworks over Jerusalems Old City May 21, 2017. (photo credit:MARC ISRAEL SELLEM)

Israel “didn’t occupy Jerusalem fifty years ago, it liberated it,” Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on the eve of US President Donald Trump’s historic two-day visit to Israel.

“I want to the tell the world in a loud and clear voice: Jerusalem has always been and always will be the capital of Israel,” Netanyahu said at a celebratory event marking the 50th anniversary of the reunification of Israel’s capital city after the Six Day War.

Continued: http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Netanyahu-ahead-of-Trump-visit-Israel-didnt-occupy-Jerusalem-we-liberated-it-492474

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The President is serious about trying for a regional solution to the Israeli/Palestinian conflict....and after the SA visit, it just might gain traction.  I don't think Bibi's figured out how to react to this .... and keep his right flank ... who want this move... reassured.   

A few Sundays ago, Tillerson had this to say about moving the US embassy:

Earlier on Sunday, Tillerson said it was not clear whether an embassy move would help or harm prospects for a peace deal between Israel and the Palestinians.

“The president is being very careful to understand how such a decision would impact the peace process,” Tillerson said in an interview broadcast Sunday on NBC’s Meet the Press. He added that Trump would base his decision on the interests of all sides, but would also consider “whether Israel views it as helpful to a peace initiative or perhaps a distraction.”

http://www.breitbart.com/jerusalem/2017/05/15/netanyahu-to-tillerson-moving-embassy-will-shatter-palestinian-fantasy/

geronl

Any attempt to divide Jerusalem should be a non-starter

Online roamer_1

Any attempt to divide Jerusalem should be a non-starter

Any land for peace should be too.

geronl

Any land for peace should be too.

a couple acres maybe,  ^-^

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
@Right_in_Virginia

I already see there is news galore on this for whomever wants to cover Israel; you seem to do a very good job following the President.

@EC

It is only 2 days in Israel but there are bound to be so many stories about it, perhaps a sticky "catchall" thread would be in order; maybe the whole so-called tour, going to Brussels later on should be one thread and maybe, (this is a lot of maybes), it could go into politics or in world news.

I'm under the impression, many people here read the "politics" section a lot, lot more. 90% of posts in this forum must be in the politics thread, maybe 75%. I don't know.