Author Topic: Senior White House advisor now “significant person of interest” in Russia probe; Update: DOJ probing possible cover-up by WH officials?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
http://hotair.com/archives/2017/05/19/senior-white-house-advisor-now-significant-person-interest-russia-probe-update-doj-probing-possible-cover-wh-officials/

The law enforcement investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign has identified a current White House official as a significant person of interest, showing that the probe is reaching into the highest levels of government, according to people familiar with the matter.

The senior White House adviser under scrutiny by investigators is someone close to the president, according to these people, who would not further identify the official…

Current administration officials who have acknowledged contacts with Russian officials include Trump son-in-law Jared Kushner, as well as Cabinet members Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Secretary of State Rex Tillerson.

Offline beandog

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
The whole bunch of them have been kissing Putin's butt for years.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Could someone explain to me why the goal of better relations with Russia is such a bad thing? 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline SirLinksALot

Ok, if they don't want to ID the person, the least they could do is tell us what he did that was illegal. Did money change hands? Did he try to peddle influence?

Exactly what crime was committed?

The article talks about "contacts with Russia", is there a law that tells us that doing so is illegal?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 12:44:40 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline Jarhead

I must have missed that part. Please do share.

• Technical

I was on a forum called libertypost years ago, and I started noticing the "Russia is awesome" posters around 2004-2005. They've been at this a while.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

But as Alan Dershowitz has said,

Where is the crime?
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline corbe

I must have missed that part. Please do share.

Welcome back @Jarhead and I do mean that sincerely but shamefully I will admit I went to check if TOS went down again.  I was pleasantly surprised yesterday on the 'We're Back' threads over there that TBR, as a temporary refuge for you folks, was not disparaged, you have my respect SIR.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Could someone explain to me why the goal of better relations with Russia is such a bad thing?

Not many people seem to understand that.  Just the word Russia gets them in a tizzy.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline corbe

'Significant Person of Interest' does not constitute Guilt in any capacity.
   Illustration

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online kevindavis007

Cause, it is hard to trust a country that is being run by the former head of the KGB...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

• Technical

Because Putin is a bad guy who murders his opponents.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
   'Significant Person of Interest' does not constitute Guilt in any capacity.
   Illustration

I spent a whole summer lookin' at that guy.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Cause, it is hard to trust a country that is being run by the former head of the KGB...

It's not a matter of trust... it's a matter of keeping your friends close and your enemies closer.

geronl

The cover-up always ends up being worse than the crime, sometimes not even a crime but they break the law covering it up out of embarrassment or something.

When you do not know history, I guess you can't help but repeat it

geronl

If it means we gloss over their tyrannical murderous actions and their threatening neighboring countries and actual invasions of neighboring countries, yes that is a very bad thing.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I spent a whole summer lookin' at that guy.

Me too...I ate my meals in front of the tv so I wouldn't miss a thing..lol
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline SirLinksALot

The cover-up always ends up being worse than the crime, sometimes not even a crime but they break the law covering it up out of embarrassment or something.

When you do not know history, I guess you can't help but repeat it

OK, you used the word "crime". Exactly what crime are we pursuing here?

I've asked this before but no one seems to have given a satisfactory reply... is it illegal for a presidential campaign to have talks with a foreign government? Is there a law in the books outlawing this?

geronl

OK, you used the word "crime". Exactly what crime are we pursuing here?

I making a general comment and did you read past the first comma?

sometimes not even a crime but they break the law covering it up

"They" is politicians in general all through history.

Offline SirLinksALot

If it means we gloss over their tyrannical murderous actions and their threatening neighboring countries and actual invasions of neighboring countries, yes that is a very bad thing.

Trump just bombed the hell out of Russia's protected client, Assad... something Obama only talked about doing but did squat . How is that "glossing over"?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 08:19:36 pm by SirLinksALot »

Offline SirLinksALot

sometimes not even a crime but they break the law covering it up

Since we're talking about the Trump administration, what is this "it" that they are supposed to cover up ?

Offline corbe

The dems have always loved the Russians and Trump has had business dealing with them in the past, of course there's always going to be 'the illusion of collusion', the dems knew this, started this and will milk this for all it's worth.
   Statements made by his Sons in the last couple of years regarding Russian finances only exacerbated the problem.

geronl

Trump just bombed the hell out of Russia's protected client, Assad... something Obama only talked about doing but did squat . How is that "glossing over"?

AL Qaeda and ISIS are getting air cover from Trump it seems