Author Topic: America’s Wealthiest State Can’t Squeeze Any More Taxes From Rich People  (Read 800 times)

rangerrebew

America’s Wealthiest State Can’t Squeeze Any More Taxes From Rich People

May 19, 2017| by Robert Gehl

The wealthiest state in the U.S. is having trouble collecting enough money to pay its bills, and the Democratic governor doesn’t think taxing the rich is the answer anymore, MarketWatch reports.

After two decades of robust growth, Connecticut forecasts it will come in $400 million short in income-tax collections this fiscal year, worsening a budget crisis that has prompted all three major ratings firms recently to downgrade the state’s credit rating.

Connecticut’s budget office estimates that income-tax collections will fall in fiscal 2017 for the first time since the recession.

https://downtrend.com/robertgehl/americas-wealthiest-state-cant-squeeze-any-more-taxes-from-rich-people
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:46:10 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline beandog

He should only tax rich liberals.  They like to pay taxes, don't they?

Online Hoodat

Why can't they simply raise the top tax rate to 117%.  Think of the revenues they would collect.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

geronl

They have outspent their ability to pay for their crap

Offline LMAO

They have outspent their ability to pay for their crap

@geronl

That's what  will eventually be written on the tombstone of progressivism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy