Author Topic: Men Are Becoming The Weaker Sex, And That’s A Problem For Everyone  (Read 8031 times)

Offline mountaineer

Men Are Becoming The Weaker Sex, And That’s A Problem For Everyone
Manhood doesn’t happen naturally. Manhood is a behavior and essence that must be taught, an identity that must be bestowed by a boy’s family and the larger community of men.
By Glenn T. Stanton
The Federalist (substantially excerpted - click on link for entire article)
It is no secret to even the casual observer that manhood is not in good shape today. “What is a good man?” is one of the most confusing questions we can ask.

We seem compelled to resist answering that question in a gender-specific way for fear of retribution. It is easier and less controversial to extol genuinely feminine qualities. The best we might do is respond that a good man is androgynously honest and treats people kindly. Beyond that, one is wading into contentious and confused waters.

While men tend to get to paid more and hold higher-level corporate, government, and professional positions, they are also overrepresented in the lower strata of society. Manhood is more a phenomena of extremes. Men are more likely to be unemployed and traditionally male-dominated industries are disappearing fastest.

Men are falling behind women in high school graduation as well as college attendance and graduation. Men are more likely to use almost all types of illicit drugs at a higher rate than women, thus their higher prevalence of emergency room visits and in-patient substance abuse treatment.   ...

Much of this is due to a basic, fundamental anthropological fact. Manhood is very different than womanhood. In terms of human development, healthy masculinity is not natural. It does not happen naturally.

This is not the case with womanhood. Her biological make-up ensures the girl will more naturally grow into a healthy woman.  ...

The boy’s transition into manhood is not similarly pre-determined. It must be created with significant intentionality or it simply can’t and won’t exist. Manhood is a behavior and essence that must be taught, an identity that must be bestowed by a boy’s family and the larger community of men.

Why? The male nature doesn’t naturally go in the direction society needs it to. It is more oriented toward extremes—lethargy and passivity, or aggression and sexual opportunism. Manhood must be crafted.

Margaret Mead is one of the early anthropologists to study the societal phenomenon of manhood. ...

Manhood can only really be taught and developed by older men, instructing and modeling what they and their families expect from boys so they can become full members of the fraternity of good men. Mothers and girlfriends can influence this, to be sure, but they cannot deliver it. It is a transfer of ideals, behaviors, attitudes, and beliefs from one generation of men to the next.

This is unarguably the first work of family formation and community sustainability as it affects industry and economics, criminality, health care, education, and every other essential part of any community.   ...
And then there's this:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Wingnut

and this

Offline skeeter

Interesting essay.

Being a man in the classic sense requires control, which itself requires purpose.

Modern society has consciously removed that purpose.

Offline Frank Cannon

I'll say. Jars of pickles will go unopened all across the country.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Thanks for posting.  For later.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Wingnut

Not even enough strength to open the jar much less for jerkin the Gherkin

Offline flowers

that is OK @Frank Cannon We have hillary who can open them for us! 

Offline mirraflake

25% of American women are no longer shaving  while American men are increasingly using makeup and hair care products.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/18/rise-young-women-going-au-naturel-nearly-quarter-now-dont-shave/

Offline Night Hides Not

That problem has already been solved:

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

25% of American women are no longer shaving  while American men are increasingly using makeup and hair care products.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/05/18/rise-young-women-going-au-naturel-nearly-quarter-now-dont-shave/

Young women are binge drinking and young men are donning jumpers.

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Men Are Becoming The Weaker Sex, And That’s A Problem For Everyone
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2017, 03:32:12 pm »

Many of us that were stationed in Germany in the 70s-80s learned to deal with women not shaving legs or underarms.

Thankfully, my wife is not of that mind set.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 03:46:25 pm »

This was written by the uninformed...

Industry figures show that sales of shaving and hair removal products fell by 5 per cent between 2015 and 2016, from £598m to an estimated £567m.

Know why these numbers are falling? Because chicks are getting waxed and lasered instead. All the chicks I know are not shaving anymore and instead are having someone else do it.

Wingnut

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 03:50:32 pm »

All the chicks I know are not shaving anymore and instead are having someone else do it.

Is there an online application for that job?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 03:55:31 pm »

Not to mention wearing earrings, man-buns and other "stylish" hair cuts.

All leaning strongly in the effeminate direction.

Or put another way, harder and harder to tell them apart from the homosexuals.

It generates interference for the gaydar waves.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 04:25:55 pm »
Many of us that were stationed in Germany in the 70s-80s learned to deal with women not shaving legs or underarms.

Thankfully, my wife is not of that mind set.

I lived in Germany for a summer late 70's.. my bil was is the Army.

Underarm hair etc did not bother me if the woman was hot. I saw a young hottie at Panera bread a few weeks back light leg hair..did no bother me because her hotness overpowered the leg hair. If i was a single guy and she asked me to go at it I surely would not turned her down.

@Night Hides Not

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2017, 04:31:05 pm »
As long as they don't weave an indian blanket out of their ass hair and wear it as a shawl.... I can live with it.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2017, 04:31:50 pm »
Is there an online application for that job?

No, but the buy in is a bitch.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2017, 04:51:21 pm »
I lived in Germany for a summer late 70's.. my bil was is the Army.

Underarm hair etc did not bother me if the woman was hot. I saw a young hottie at Panera bread a few weeks back light leg hair..did no bother me because her hotness overpowered the leg hair. If i was a single guy and she asked me to go at it I surely would not turned her down.

@Night Hides Not

When the lights went out, it really didn't matter. I was on a TDY in Northern Germany during the summer of '79. The nearby town, Lutjenburg, came to life during the summer. It seemed to be a favored spot for newly divorced women. The woman I dated shared a house with two of her friends.

Depending on my work schedule, i.e. the time I had to be onsite, I'd usually help the owner of Hotel Ostseeblick close down the bar as the sun was rising at around 4 AM. I'd then head to the house for breakfast of coffee and zwiebelrost (that's what I called it, it was basically raw hamburger with onion seasoning, spread on toast). Invariably, I'd surprise two of my soldiers coming down the stairs after spending the night...I never saw the same two soldiers...lol.

I was a big hit with my troops that summer. They did a great job for me under what could have been difficult circumstances due to our isolation and distance from home station. I called one soldier's Group Commander after getting nowhere with his chain of command, the poor kid hadn't been paid for six weeks. That afternoon, a jeep was put on the road to deliver the check.

I caught some flak for a few of my decisions, mostly for acting outside the chain of command. I was usually the acting CO, as my boss spent half the time at home dealing with marital problems. Our support came from Bremerhaven, 200 miles to the west, and I spent two days out of the week to turn in meal money, or meet with those whose vehicles and equipment we were borrowing. I was often in situations that required immediate action, so I did what I thought was best. It was funny: it really pi$$ed off the staff pukes, while those in actual command understood it, even if they didn't agree with me.

It was simply one of the best summers of my life.

Spent a lot of evenings at the local disco, not one woman there shaved. Made so many friends that summer, I'd make the 400 mile drive on most long weekends. Only took 5 hours, thanks to the autobahn. Partying on NY's Eve was a marathon, didn't end until around 8 AM...they didn't have any bowl games to watch like we do.

A few months before the assignment, I had completed a couple of German immersion courses on base. They took my German skills to a new level, and that summer just added to it. Although I was assigned an interpreter, the German base commander pulled me aside after the first meeting, and told me to "ditch the interpreter", my German was just as good.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 04:54:21 pm by Night Hides Not »

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2017, 04:52:51 pm »
Sophia Loren never shaved her underarms. Google Sophia Loren underarm hair and there are hundreds of pics of her au natural.

Any guy who turned her down for a romp back in her prime due to her underarm hair needs his head and testicles examined because he might not have any.

Silver Pines

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:55 pm »

Industry figures show that sales of shaving and hair removal products fell by 5 per cent between 2015 and 2016, from £598m to an estimated £567m.

Know why these numbers are falling? Because chicks are getting waxed and lasered instead. All the chicks I know are not shaving anymore and instead are having someone else do it.

@Frank Cannon

A good brow game is very important.

Silver Pines

« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2017, 08:10:47 pm »
and this

@Wingnut

Dana Loesch said yesterday that a man should put on a romper if he never wants to get laid again.  I agree.

And then I found this horrifying thing which proved that rompers for men aren't new...

WTH?

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2017, 09:11:07 pm »
Young women are binge drinking and young men are donning jumpers.

Ain't that just Bass-ackwards!

Wingnut

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2017, 09:20:10 pm »
@Wingnut

Dana Loesch said yesterday that a man should put on a romper if he never wants to get laid again.  I agree.

And then I found this horrifying thing which proved that rompers for men aren't new...

WTH?

Why couldn't it have been Roger Moore for Christ sakes?   :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2017, 09:22:11 pm »
Somehow, it's just not the same on Sean Connery as on the current generation of hothouse flowers ...  :pondering:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2017, 09:51:44 pm »
Why couldn't it have been Roger Moore for Christ sakes?   :shrug:

@Wingnut

EXACTLY!

I have to work at unseeing this and it won't be easy.