Author Topic: Open War On The President  (Read 12615 times)

Offline Mod2

Re: Open War On The President
« Reply #200 on: May 24, 2017, 11:32:44 am »
No, the problem here is getting the last word. It is boring.

@musiclady @Emjay  - you both keep saying you are done. Now you are done, because I'm done with it.

Put each other on ignore for a week for real. Any answer to the other, any snipe at the other, any acknowledgement the other even exists for the next week gets you a timeout.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #201 on: May 24, 2017, 12:55:02 pm »
No, the problem here is getting the last word. It is boring.

@musiclady @Emjay  - you both keep saying you are done. Now you are done, because I'm done with it.

Put each other on ignore for a week for real. Any answer to the other, any snipe at the other, any acknowledgement the other even exists for the next week gets you a timeout.

?????????

I got out of bed last night, came downstairs, and modified my post to apologize, because I was in the wrong and left the discussion.  And now I get chastised and threatened with a "time out"??????

What am I missing??   Sorry if I don't understand.  So much for trying to do the right thing and make amends.  :shrug:

@Mod2

I've been on this forum for FIVE years, and this is the first time I've been threatened by a Mod with a time out.  AFTER I admitted I was wrong, and left 8 hours before.

Time for a short self-imposed time-out from the forum.  This makes no sense.  NONE.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:26:32 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #202 on: May 24, 2017, 01:23:56 pm »
?????????

I got out of bed last night, came downstairs, and modified my post to apologize, because I was in the wrong and left the discussion.  And now I get chastised and threatened with a "time out"??????

What am I missing??   Sorry if I don't understand.  So much for trying to do the right thing and make amends.  :shrug:

@Mod2

Trying to do the right thing and make amends is not the issue, that was rather nice to see.

Jointly causing the situation in the first place is the issue. Squabbles and feuds are only of interest to those involved, or those who have no life of their own.

Think of this a reminder that you are both better than that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #203 on: May 24, 2017, 01:29:23 pm »
Trying to do the right thing and make amends is not the issue, that was rather nice to see.

Jointly causing the situation in the first place is the issue. Squabbles and feuds are only of interest to those involved, or those who have no life of their own.

Think of this a reminder that you are both better than that.

Sorry.  No dice.  If I'm going to be threatened with a time out 8 hours after I apologized and left a "squabble" then I'm going to do some serious thinking about what's going on here.

I'm going to delete my posts on this thread  (I'm leaving post #189), and leave for at least a day.

I know your job is tough, but with all the nastiness going on here, this is ridiculous.

Have a good day.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 01:35:02 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #204 on: May 24, 2017, 03:29:28 pm »
While we are discussing the "war" on Trump would anyone care to comment on the fact that today it is reported that he revealed the presence of two nuclear subs in the Korean waters........to Duterte.

Anyone care to justify that revelation.

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #205 on: May 24, 2017, 03:44:21 pm »
While we are discussing the "war" on Trump would anyone care to comment on the fact that today it is reported that he revealed the presence of two nuclear subs in the Korean waters........to Duterte.

He is the president. In this case and others, the choice is his. Some have criticized him for "not following protocols". The following of protocols in this sort of thing is the sworn duty of everybody in government EXCEPT the president. That is because he is legally vested with some exceptional power and authority that others at lower echelons simply are not.

BTW, the entitlement of the president to make policy on "protocols" for classified information is not just my opinion, it was explored recently by Jay Sekulow on his show. And Jay would likely know, since that is what he gets paid to do. Know. He explained that the protocols that are in question are not stipulations of legal statutes, rules or regulations which carry the weight of legal enforcement, unless one is subordinate to the chief executive of federal government and military commander-in-chief.

BTW, since submarines generally move constantly at a fairly high rate of speed, how could  acknowledging their "presence" compromise security of the vessels? Letting people know that there is a submarine somewhere within an area of thousands of square miles of ocean? Hardly a target-lock. Did he provide the president of the Philippines tracking equipment or satellite beacon frequencies for technicians to lock on to or share that information with the press?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 04:07:52 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #206 on: May 24, 2017, 04:10:08 pm »

The message is for NK - not for the PI.  He should have taken it a step further by saying that there will always be two US nuclear subs in Korean waters (whether true or not).
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #207 on: May 24, 2017, 04:16:25 pm »

I guess gone are the days when protocol was "We do not discuss submarines and their movements PERIOD".
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #208 on: May 24, 2017, 04:32:29 pm »

Anyone got a link for this please?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #209 on: May 24, 2017, 04:38:22 pm »
The message is for NK - not for the PI.  He should have taken it a step further by saying that there will always be two US nuclear subs in Korean waters (whether true or not).

He may also have been trying to repair some of the damage did to the relationship between the US and PI.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #210 on: May 24, 2017, 05:14:25 pm »
She is one strange lady.

Nearly a year ago, I reached that conclusion.

And concluded then,  in the famous words of Roberto Duran, "No Mas."

[img wideth=10]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/5DNMBvuq-NM/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #211 on: May 24, 2017, 05:18:32 pm »
I absolutely LOVE being hated by such folks as yourself.
you are the hater.

I do not hate people.

I hate words or actions of some.

My God told me not to hate, but reject the words of people like you.

Your attitudes are on full display for the world to see.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #212 on: May 24, 2017, 05:34:39 pm »

That fact that the POTUS can divulge whateverTF he wants, aside....

DUERTE:   "Mr. President.  We're very nervous with the nutjob in North Korea testing missiles in his race to gain the capability to deliver nuclear weapons......."

TRUMP:  "ROFL!   Don't worry about that little runt.   We've got two........."

See how easy that was?    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline corbe

« Reply #213 on: May 24, 2017, 05:37:46 pm »
   For a Christian Conservative Forum, that ugly word sure gets thrown around a lot, especially the last day or two.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #214 on: May 24, 2017, 05:41:33 pm »
   For a Christian Conservative Forum, that ugly word sure gets thrown around a lot, especially the last day or two.

You'd better check with the boss, @corbe

This site is not a Christian Conservative forum.   It is not a Republican forum.   

And stop trying to butcher the English language.

Hate is Hate.

It's been displayed on virtually every thread in the POLITICAL category that reaches 2 pages in length.

They "HATE" when a light is shown on their posts.   

The word 'hate' has many synonyms.   But in the end....it's pure HATE.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 05:43:24 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #215 on: May 24, 2017, 05:46:42 pm »

This site is not a Christian Conservative forum.   It is not a Republican forum.   

Hate is Hate.

It's been displayed on virtually every thread in the POLITICAL category that reaches 2 pages in length.

I've begun to notice that when a thread reaches a certain length, it tends to disintegrate into personal warfare.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #216 on: May 24, 2017, 05:47:22 pm »
I guess gone are the days when protocol was "We do not discuss submarines and their movements PERIOD".
Yeah. I thought the point of being beneath the water, non cavitating propellers, anechoic coatings, was people not knowing where you were. Silly me.  :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #217 on: May 24, 2017, 05:51:45 pm »
you are the hater.

I do not hate people.

I hate words or actions of some.

My God told me not to hate, but reject the words of people like you.

Your attitudes are on full display for the world to see.

That they are, and I stand by every single word of every post I've made.

Let's see you attack and prove the words I've written are worthy of rejection rather than attacking me personally and declaring me a Christian charlatan and then claiming in your next breath that you don't 'hate'.

How many Christian 'charlatans' do you know donate their wealth and time to live in the slums with persecuted third world brethren in order to love and encourage them in their efforts to preach the Gospel and work full time for their provision?

I don't know about you - but Christian Charlatans are not known for putting their money where they say their faith is.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LateForLunch

• GOTWALMA Get Out of the Way and Leave Me Alone! (Nods to Teebone)
« Reply #218 on: May 24, 2017, 05:55:02 pm »
Yeah. I thought the point of being beneath the water, non cavitating propellers, anechoic coatings, was people not knowing where you were. Silly me.  :shrug:

The strategic value of having that information (two of our submarines are in the general area of the Philippines) is roughly equivalent to the strategic value of knowing that they are in the ocean somewhere generally. Knowing they are in the water is one thing, finding them another entirely.

To find a nuclear sub's exact location, one must have

(1) state of the art tracking capability below the water (sonar), and the ability to extract an ongoing series of real-time hits with sonar in order to plot a trajectory (course) updated regularly

(2) a drone or submarine of your own to assist in the tracking with sonar and that can maintain sufficient speed to keep up with the sub and the ability to follow it into deep water if it tries to evade by seeking out a trench.

(3) some approximate idea of where to START a systematic search that is more narrow than, "somewhere underwater within an area the size of Texas". 

(4) reasonable certainty that the commander of the U.S. sub you are tracking (in this case the USS Michigan and another with tomahawk missile capabilities instead of ICBMs) will not consider your efforts to track and dog him to be hostile or decide to do anything about it like sink your vessel.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 06:11:04 pm by LateForLunch »
GOTWALMA Get out of the way and leave me alone! (Nods to General Teebone)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #219 on: May 24, 2017, 05:56:05 pm »

This is not a "Christian Conservative Forum" @corbe

Offline corbe

« Reply #220 on: May 24, 2017, 05:56:57 pm »

Hate is Hate.

@DCPatriot  I stick by my original ascertain, A great majority of the current, posting Briefers are Christian First and Conservative second. 
   Accusing me of Butchering the English language is appalling and without basis of Evidence, in fact it's quite Libelous and will, in the future, result in your inability to regain the sanity shared by us more Enlightened Briefers.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #221 on: May 24, 2017, 05:58:10 pm »
I've begun to notice that when a thread reaches a certain length, it tends to disintegrate into personal warfare.
Concurrent with becoming #nevertrump central, this place became eligible for

www.insultathon.com

I purchased that URL, in expectation some commercial enterprise might be possible from those gathered.

I envisioned it as a place for "argument addicts" to gather, like a self-selecting hobby site

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #222 on: May 24, 2017, 06:07:10 pm »
Hate is Hate.

"Hate" is one of those fun words that the Left flings out each and every time they want to shut down and silence any criticism or debate/discussion about any topic that showcases their agenda or leaders in a negative light.

I find that the Trump Faithful have adapted to it's use like fish to water.

This while they engage in abject ridicule, denigration and insults of people who refuse to compromise foundational principles to march in their political parade and stating that we are "GD near treasonous" for doing so.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #223 on: May 24, 2017, 06:14:31 pm »
"Hate" is one of those fun words that the Left flings out each and every time they want to shut down and silence any criticism or debate/discussion about any topic that showcases their agenda or leaders in a negative light.

I find that the Trump Faithful have adapted to it's use like fish to water.

This while they engage in abject ridicule, denigration and insults of people who refuse to compromise foundational principles to march in their political parade and stating that we are "GD near treasonous" for doing so.

The difference sir, is that I embrace the hatred I have for the likes of you and your ilk here on the forum.

I don't deny it.

You, OTOH, get your panties all twisted, because your "hatred" of Pres. Trump...AND his supporters...has been on full display here for all to see.   And you can't stand it when we shine a light on it.

Offline Mod2

« Reply #224 on: May 24, 2017, 06:19:37 pm »
Thread locked.