Author Topic: Pelosi: Democrats need to 'curb their enthusiasm' over Trump impeachment  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Pelosi: Democrats need to 'curb their enthusiasm' over Trump impeachment
Washington Examiner, May 18, 2017, Al Weaver

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday that some House Democrats need to "curb their enthusiasm" over the possibility that President Trump could be impeached.

"I hope some would curb their enthusiasm until we have all of the facts and have confidence that when the American people understand what is there, whether it's grounds for impeachment or grounds for disappointment, then they'll know," Pelosi told reporters.

Her call comes as some Democrats say they've seen enough about Trump's alleged ties to Russia and what they say is his apparent effort to thwart the FBI's investigation. Pelosi said some will keep making those calls regardless of her warning.

"I think that people are going to do what they do. We don't have unanimity often in our caucus," she said. "That's why we are the Democratic caucus and we take pride in our diversity, and some people will disavow timing, some people will be more enthusiastic about something at some time."

While she downplayed the idea of impeaching Trump, however, Pelosi said she did not believe talking about it would hurt them in the 2018 midterm elections.

"No, no, no," she said. "Freedom of speech is never anything that undercuts anything."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pelosi-democrats-need-to-curb-their-enthusiasm-over-trump-impeachment/article/2623507

While she downplayed the idea of impeaching Trump, however, Pelosi said she did not believe talking about it would hurt them in the 2018 midterm elections.   "No, no, no," she said. "Freedom of speech is never anything that undercuts anything."

Then, please, don't curb your enthusiasm. 

Offline GrouchoTex

I now know that the end is near.
I've laughed at most of you who said the the Republic is at stake.

But this confirms it.

On this day, May 18th, in the year of out lord 2017, Nancy Pelosi actually made sense.

We're Doomed.

I now know that the end is near.
I've laughed at most of you who said the the Republic is at stake.

But this confirms it.

On this day, May 18th, in the year of out lord 2017, Nancy Pelosi actually made sense.

We're Doomed.

The dims just finished some polling on this .... I'd love to see the data.  888blackhat

Offline GrouchoTex

The dims just finished some polling on this .... I'd love to see the data.  888blackhat

Yeah, that would be interesting, for sure.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

It's the same thing here. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. What they were saying was all true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkpcFdjBPHI

You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GrouchoTex

Do you think their polling showed the most Americans think they a too far left fringe (which is true)?

Offline skeeter

If anything she's afraid the 'enthusiasm' will peak too soon to help the democrats in 2018.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Watch her, whenever there is a video of her giving a response. She gesticulates very oddly. There is really something wrong with her.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline flowers

Pelosi: Democrats need to 'curb their enthusiasm' over Trump impeachment
Washington Examiner, May 18, 2017, Al Weaver

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said Thursday that some House Democrats need to "curb their enthusiasm" over the possibility that President Trump could be impeached.

"I hope some would curb their enthusiasm until we have all of the facts and have confidence that when the American people understand what is there, whether it's grounds for impeachment or grounds for disappointment, then they'll know," Pelosi told reporters.

Her call comes as some Democrats say they've seen enough about Trump's alleged ties to Russia and what they say is his apparent effort to thwart the FBI's investigation. Pelosi said some will keep making those calls regardless of her warning.

"I think that people are going to do what they do. We don't have unanimity often in our caucus," she said. "That's why we are the Democratic caucus and we take pride in our diversity, and some people will disavow timing, some people will be more enthusiastic about something at some time."

While she downplayed the idea of impeaching Trump, however, Pelosi said she did not believe talking about it would hurt them in the 2018 midterm elections.

"No, no, no," she said. "Freedom of speech is never anything that undercuts anything."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pelosi-democrats-need-to-curb-their-enthusiasm-over-trump-impeachment/article/2623507

WHUT?  LOL that polling data must be horrible OR/AND Mueller effect?  @Right_in_Virginia

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

I suggest Rep. Maxine Waters D-Lost Angeles, to be the face of impeachment talk.

We be in good hands, wif Maxine. Jus axe me.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well obviously the polling came out bad for the Dems. Not to mention she likely knows this is a dead horse to beat.

Betting the real reason though is that she doesn't want '16 level vote turnouts by pissed Trump and Republican voters in the off year '18, which generally sees a much lower vote total.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 10:22:26 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline GrouchoTex

Last night, I thought of another reason:

They are afraid the an in-depth investigation may lead to a few of their own being involved in cahoots with other countries.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Last night, I thought of another reason:

They are afraid the an in-depth investigation may lead to a few of their own being involved in cahoots with other countries.

Or Trump is making some deals with the Dems.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline anubias

Or Trump is making some deals with the Dems.

**nononono*

Offline LMAO

I suggest Rep. Maxine Waters D-Lost Angeles, to be the face of impeachment talk.

Or the face of the Democrat party and the progressive left
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy