Author Topic: Two years after shootout, Twin Peaks resolutions remain elusive [Waco]  (Read 1631 times)

Offline don-o

• Worldview Moderator
  • FR Class of '98
There is no doubt in my mind that it was mass murder. 

snipped

I tend to go back and forth between malice and incompetence. My belief about the enemy of souls favors the former; but my recognition of the Peter Principle favors the latter. It's probably not an either/or proposition; rather both/and.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
snipped

I tend to go back and forth between malice and incompetence. My belief about the enemy of souls favors the former; but my recognition of the Peter Principle favors the latter. It's probably not an either/or proposition; rather both/and.

We could go with malicious incompetence.  Works for me.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
We could go with malicious incompetence.  Works for me.
The op was blown. The mailman got the word from a news crew that there was going to be a big raid, and called home. The Feebies had wiretaps, so they knew the op was blown. Evidence of the wiretap is heard on the tape of the 911 call from Mt. Carmel, where you hear the phone ringing noise, then the answer, "9-1-1". That could have only come from the side making the call, and had to be produced by recording over wiretap.

That was one of the first holes in the official story, as was the bit about it being an ambush of the raid team. (With that much lead time, almost anyone could have planned a 'real' ambush, and virtually eliminated the raid before it got boots on the ground). It is the issue which led to the formation of concerned citizens groups across the country, coming on the heels of Ruby Ridge. The internet led to the exposure of other incidents, from MOVE in Philadelphia, to the Gordon Kahl bushwhacking (Medina, ND), and others, but it was Waco that got me on the web, and led me to FR long ago.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis