Author Topic: This Is A Coup Against Our Right To Govern Ourselves  (Read 13876 times)

geronl

Re: This Is A Coup Against Our Right To Govern Ourselves
« Reply #125 on: May 20, 2017, 07:44:43 pm »

What about the country? 

The country elected a low-life scum bucket clown as President, I feel very sorry for it.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #126 on: May 20, 2017, 08:06:17 pm »
You are not fighting any battle. 

You go think that. 

The fact is, the battles I fight you want nothing to do with and discount as irrelevant. 

As such, enjoy the tyranny you so despise.  Because you are not going to get any relief from it via the manner in which you think you are fighting it.

You have nowhere to go because you are living in some utopia of your own making.

There is no utopia that man has any ability to bring. Tyranny happens when men think they can use politics to achieve it.

The rest of us are fighting here in the real world ...

You are fighting in vain for that you will never achieve.

Because you are ignorant of the fact that the primary battle is not with the flesh, but spiritual wickedness in high places.

I don't know what you think you can accomplish by sitting way up there on your high horse deriding those of us in the trenches.

More than you will ever understand or allow yourself to understand given your replies of late.  But that doesn't matter because people like you demanded we get lost and that you do not want to hear what it is we are saying and recommending.  You only want to hear smooth and easy things and you do not want to hear about the moral issues of God that you people have rejected as inconsequential.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 08:07:07 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #127 on: May 20, 2017, 08:08:19 pm »

There is no utopia that man has any ability to bring. Tyranny happens when men think they can use politics to achieve it.

You are fighting in vain for that you will never achieve.

Because you are ignorant of the fact that the primary battle is not with the flesh, but spiritual wickedness in high places.

:thumbsup:

geronl

« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2017, 08:10:39 pm »

Well said. I don't think Trump realized just how hard the swamp would resist being drained. There is a massive entrenched cabal in DC that will fight to continue their corruption of the Constitution.

He's not draining the swamp, he's bathing in it. Half his top people are Goldman Sachs or lobbyists. Tillerson at Exxon was one of the biggest lobbyists in history, getting favors from the government. (That's the definition of the swamp)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2017, 08:11:44 pm »
I have no problems with the press asking questions. It is their making of the news that I object to!

Word.  888high58888
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2017, 08:26:06 pm »
Hey - could anyone who cares to be kind remove mentions of me when responding to Emjay? I have her on ignore, so there's no point dragging me into a conversation that includes her. She's obsessed with me, so - despite me telling her that she's on ignore - she still mentions me. It's embarrassing, really.

Thanks.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2017, 09:11:48 pm »
He's not draining the swamp, he's bathing in it. Half his top people are Goldman Sachs or lobbyists. Tillerson at Exxon was one of the biggest lobbyists in history, getting favors from the government. (That's the definition of the swamp)

There has been a revolving door between the WH and Goldman Sachs as long as I can remember. I do not condone it. I was hoping that with total Republican "control" Obamacare would be repealed and we would have tax cuts by now. The choice of Gorsuch is one bright spot. There is still the possibility for more conservatives appointed to the SC.

Trump has a tough job with the combination of the media, Dims,  GOPe, and entrenched bureaucrats bent on his destruction. I do not think the destruction of a President is a good thing for the country. He was not my choice for the GOP candidate but I was hoping for disruption of federal power and return to the Tenth Amendment.
Principles matter. Words matter.

geronl

« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2017, 09:20:48 pm »
The choice of Gorsuch is one bright spot. 

That still remains to be seen, actually

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2017, 09:24:29 pm »
That still remains to be seen, actually
True. Here's hoping. ^-^
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline anubias

« Reply #134 on: May 20, 2017, 09:32:07 pm »
The barber pole is back.  Quick!  Somebody wake up the fence post to save us all from the barber pole!

Offline American Faith Today

« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2017, 09:50:35 pm »
Do guys like the author of this piece even have any awareness at all that they basically have gone all Hillary Clinton defender mode, only they're defending Trump.

I mean, there's no way Donald or anyone connected to him could have done anything wrong. Not at all. It's all a vast left wing or DC establishment cabal conspiracy.

I replied to someone over at The Right Scoop blog, which I frequent, who said this was the Swamp fighting back and we need to remember it's us vs. the government.

I politely asked him if "The Swamp" forced Trump to hire guys like Flynn, Page, Manafort, and Stone.  Near as I could tell, he never bothered to respond.

How about the Dutch documentary that ran earlier this month that showed numerous connections between Trump and the Russian mob, with testimonies saying "IF he knew this, IF he did this", he's in big trouble.  No evidence at this point of a crime by Trump, no. But was that an evil Nancy Pelosi conspiracy?  Or maybe it was Chuck Schumer.  Perhaps Steny Hoyer or Elijah Cummings or Dick Durbin had nothing better to do.

I become more convinced by the day that the majority of our "conservative" media are as principled and concerned about the things that really matter when it comes to freedom as our "Republican" politicians.  They're reactionary crap stirrers who wants everyone to be reactionary with them.  They wrap themselves in the flag and scream about freedom and Constitutional buzzwords, but if the Republicans were doing what they say the liberals are doing they would probably think it really neat.

Offline anubias

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2017, 09:56:36 pm »
wrap themselves in the flag and scream about freedom and Constitutional buzzwords

:dx1:

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2017, 09:59:01 pm »
The country elected a low-life scum bucket clown as President, I feel very sorry for it.

I thought you were buying popcorn and enjoying it.

But you miss the point ... your three words 'the country elected' have a great deal of significance.

The country made a choice.  It was a good choice.  people can whine all they want about bringing Hillary into the equation but she was the other half of the equation.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #138 on: May 20, 2017, 10:01:10 pm »
Do guys like the author of this piece even have any awareness at all that they basically have gone all Hillary Clinton defender mode, only they're defending Trump.

I mean, there's no way Donald or anyone connected to him could have done anything wrong. Not at all. It's all a vast left wing or DC establishment cabal conspiracy.

I replied to someone over at The Right Scoop blog, which I frequent, who said this was the Swamp fighting back and we need to remember it's us vs. the government.

I politely asked him if "The Swamp" forced Trump to hire guys like Flynn, Page, Manafort, and Stone.  Near as I could tell, he never bothered to respond.

How about the Dutch documentary that ran earlier this month that showed numerous connections between Trump and the Russian mob, with testimonies saying "IF he knew this, IF he did this", he's in big trouble.  No evidence at this point of a crime by Trump, no. But was that an evil Nancy Pelosi conspiracy?  Or maybe it was Chuck Schumer.  Perhaps Steny Hoyer or Elijah Cummings or Dick Durbin had nothing better to do.

I become more convinced by the day that the majority of our "conservative" media are as principled and concerned about the things that really matter when it comes to freedom as our "Republican" politicians.  They're reactionary crap stirrers who wants everyone to be reactionary with them.  They wrap themselves in the flag and scream about freedom and Constitutional buzzwords, but if the Republicans were doing what they say the liberals are doing they would probably think it really neat.

I believe you are indulging in hyperbole of the worst kind.

But have at it if it makes you feel good.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #139 on: May 20, 2017, 10:03:41 pm »

More than you will ever understand or allow yourself to understand given your replies of late.  But that doesn't matter because people like you demanded we get lost and that you do not want to hear what it is we are saying and recommending.  You only want to hear smooth and easy things and you do not want to hear about the moral issues of God that you people have rejected as inconsequential.

Don't go invoking moral issues of God.  He might not like it.  You are doing nothing and think you are doing something by posting self-righteous posts.

Exactly what are you actually doing?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #140 on: May 20, 2017, 10:04:14 pm »

Exactly.  Thank you.  Amen.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #141 on: May 20, 2017, 10:06:58 pm »

That's right. I am on the record here stating there isn't enough evidence to meet the burden of proof - But I am under no illusions that Trump is sainted. I know he's dirty.

I think folks are going to have a hard time defending him before it's done.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2017, 10:09:55 pm »
That's right. I am on the record here stating there isn't enough evidence to meet the burden of proof - But I am under no illusions that Trump is sainted. I know he's dirty.

I think folks are going to have a hard time defending him before it's done.
Yep. But the accusers have to build their case. Those are the rules we go by.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

geronl

« Reply #143 on: May 20, 2017, 10:10:04 pm »
  people can whine all they want about bringing Hillary into the equation but she was the other half of the equation.

was, not is. She is completely irrelevant now.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: May 20, 2017, 10:12:29 pm »
Don't go invoking moral issues of God.  He might not like it. 

I'll take His Word over your empty words every single time, and I will invoke the moral issues of God as vociferously as our Founders did, if not moreso.

You however, are revealing yourself a living epitome of Isaiah 30:10.

You are doing nothing and think you are doing something by posting self-righteous posts.

Just like a liberal Leftist.  Just like those who defend homosexual marriage, abortion and every other sick and perverted issue out there.  Comes someone daring to utter what scripture states, what morality the biblical religions used to profess, and what God's Word plainly says why... THAT'S SELF RIGHTEOUS!  And you cannot stand any of that being uttered within your sight.

Apparently your religion is politics and a man whom you place all your hope and faith in.

You have your reward.

Truly.

Exactly what are you actually doing?

Pointing to the Truth as a witness. 

Because in that Day, you will have no excuse to get angry and exclaim you had no warning.

« Reply #145 on: May 20, 2017, 10:24:45 pm »
I thought you were buying popcorn and enjoying it.

But you miss the point ... your three words 'the country elected' have a great deal of significance.

The country made a choice.  It was a good choice.  people can whine all they want about bringing Hillary into the equation but she was the other half of the equation.

Actually, the "choice" most of the voting public made was none of the above.

And it's true, there are many elections even in presidential years where the turnout is not that inspiring, or as inspiring as the get out the vote crowd would like. 

All that said, the number of votes cast and counted for president was the lowest in about 20 years, if memory serves.

I understand the people who voted to keep Hillary out.  I wasn't one of them, and no I didn't vote for her because Donald was that bad.

That said, all of the claims about what she would do to the country were all conjecture and guessing.  Maybe educated guessing and experienced guessing, but still guessing.

The "she'll stack the Supreme Court with leftists"? 

Maybe yes, maybe no.  Maybe a Republican Senate keeps her from appointing complete nut jobs.  I understand a lot of people would say good luck with that.  They held the line, for whatever the reason, on Garland.  Although last I checked McConnell thought he'd make a swell FBI Director.  Then again, Trump thinks Joe Lieberman would make an excellent FBI Director.  Maybe it was Lieberman's high praise of Hillary's service as SoS that Trump agreed with before running for president.

So, in that vein we got Gorsuch.  Maybe he'll be fine, maybe even good.  But seeing as how he said babies in the womb have no Constitutional rights, something again Madame Hillary said, I'm not holding my breath.

Trump said a lot of things to sound Republican and conservative on the campaign trail.  A lot of us to this day remain convinced that was campaign Trump and not real Trump.

As it is, blame the media, blame the left,blame Soros, blame a billy goat.  Oh, the Cubs won it all last year.  Screw that.

Bottom line, if Trump is going to have to continue to wade through scandals, investigations, accusations, and respond to all of them like a spoiled rich kid, he'll get nothing, or next to nothing accomplished.  And of course that assumes he lasts even one term, let alone two.

I realize for some, probably you amongst them, that's better still than the disaster Hillary was supposed to bring.  Personally, for me, our country needed and needs someone who is going to abide by the Constitution and understands that without God and a reliance on and dedication to Him we're nothing as a people.  And when I see God, I'm talking YHVH, not whatever generic "god" someone wants to throw out. 

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #146 on: May 20, 2017, 10:32:41 pm »

Personally, for me, our country needed and needs someone who is going to abide by the Constitution and understands that without God and a reliance on and dedication to Him we're nothing as a people.  And when I see God, I'm talking YHVH, not whatever generic "god" someone wants to throw out.
:amen:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #147 on: May 20, 2017, 10:37:59 pm »
I believe you are indulging in hyperbole of the worst kind.

But have at it if it makes you feel good.

When one sees individuals that were dubbed "leading conservatives" like Rush, Hannity, and many others acting like their left wing counterparts and basically operating as state controlled operatives protecting the president at all costs, I certainly don't personally see the hyperbole. 

The point is things that Obama did that he was verbally crucified for on talk radio, blogs, forums etc. that Trump basically does as well, or at least something similar, well that's fine.

There are way, way, WAY too many people in this country who are simply party first.  It's not a surprise, it's not like it's new information.

I recall not that long ago that when it was announced that Trump was inviting Muslim Brotherhood ally and sympathizer Erdogan to the White House that a Facebook friend remarked if Obama was doing that people would be livid.  And he would be right.  And many of them would have been right to have been livid.  Naturally, the people supporting Trump were silent.

I was just reading this piece by Andrew McCarthy, Rush's good buddy as well.  Somewhat lengthy, but the point being (and he doesn't think there's collusion) that Trump can't even differentiate between friend and foe and again if Obama had said what Trump reportedly did to the Russian ambassadors, people would have went through the roof.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/447821/trumpcomeynutjobrussia?utm_content=social&utm_medium=@federalists_usa&utm_source=thenewamericana.com&utm_campaign=thefederalistparty.org

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2017, 10:38:57 pm »
Yep. But the accusers have to build their case. Those are the rules we go by.

That's right. No argument there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2017, 10:47:13 pm »

They do tend to use the same analogies and of you're not this you're that type of attacks the Libs have for decades.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!