Author Topic: Former Israeli spymasters rip into Trump, say Israel must reassess intel sharing  (Read 939 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A former chief of the Mossad spy agency fired off harsh criticism at Donald Trump in an interview with The Times of Israel on Wednesday, saying his actions put international information-sharing efforts at risk, in light of reports that the US president divulged classified intelligence to Russia last week. And a second former head of the agency said in a radio interview that Israel should punish Trump over the affair.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email
and never miss our top stories   Free Sign up!

Meanwhile, Israeli officials worked to cool tensions with promises of continued security cooperation.

Shabtai Shavit, who led the Mossad in the 1990s, said that were he in charge of the intelligence organization today, he would not be inclined to share more information with his American counterparts.

“If tomorrow I were asked to pass information to the CIA, I would do everything I could to not pass it to them. Or I would first protect myself and only then give it, and what I’d give would be totally neutered,” Shavit told The Times of Israel in a phone interview.

“If some smart guy decides that he’s allowed to leak information, then your partners in cooperation will be fewer or just won’t be at all,” he warned.

More: http://www.timesofisrael.com/former-israeli-spymasters-rip-into-trump-say-israel-must-reassess-intel-sharing/
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Frank Cannon

saying his actions put international information-sharing efforts at risk,

Interesting. Maybe Shitbay Shovit, who has been out of the spy business since BEFORE we knew who Monica Lewinski was, can elaborate on what the President did so that we here could find out. As of now he did nothing wrong and disclosed nothing.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
This could be true. I lived in Israel for a while, and some Israelis are so very, very, far-Left, they make Michael Moore look like Rush Limbaugh. I mean these guys are way, way, out there on the Left fringe. So, this would not surprise me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Frank's right, this gentleman might have said this 24 hours ago; now, it seems there is a fair chance, this is a fake news story.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
It's rather clear, the Russians assert that saying Trump disclosed classified info is bollocks in their version. They have a transcript of the discussions not an audio recording apparently.

Ex-Mossad has spoken against the Israeli government of Netanyahu before.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I had hoped the offending of our allies would end after Obama.

Next time should be easier because we'll have fewer allies.