Author Topic: First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump  (Read 3124 times)

Offline beandog

Re: First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 02:18:22 am »
   Good Question @XenaLee and my guess would be 90% of Briefers would rise up and protest if the evidence doesn't rise to the charges.
   This is still a Constitutional Representative Republic and were not gonna let this go, if we can help it, no matter who's sitting in the White House.  IMHO
You have more faith in people than I do.  I'd put that 90% at 50-60%.  There are far to many people that are hell bent on being "right". :shrug:

Offline anubias

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 03:13:12 am »
I do not tie my love of country to a politician, a party and whatever narrative promotes them as the be-all, end-all encapsulation of what it means to be American.  Judging by her own posts, I surmise she is more in love with those things than the principles that used to govern what it meant to be an American Christian Conservative.  After all, it's those principles she has recently as this week said were irrelevant and cannot win elections (meaning we need to dump them to embrace the net-populism of Trump).

Where's that Christian forgiveness?  Sorry, but I am weary of those still fighting and holding grudges over the Primaries.  It has become old to me. 

I realize our "principles" are under siege, but that is not the fault of those that do not agree with us.  I agree with @Right_in_Virginia that a small minority cannot ram their set of principles down the rest of the country's throats however much we may wish it to be so.  It's our very principles that turn off so many voters and that number is growing.  I guess I'm too willing to take what crumbs I can get and push for more after we get our foot in the door.  Digging my feet in the ground and refusing to budge if I don't get everything my way is self-defeating imo.  Holding my breath and stomping my feet until I got my way would be just as effective.  Many disagree.  I understand their reasons and respect them, but I don't wish to speed the process of this country's failure to the breaking point to achieve those goals that I believe would be self-defeating and might not render the desired results.

Really?  I'm not the one who suggested treason because we do not run to Trump's defense.  YOU DID.  So you are projecting there.

Now you are putting words in my mouth to put it nicely. 

We're not are happy with it.  We just expected it.  We were happy with the choices we made to vote our conscience to much disparagement and threat and we're content to sit back and watch the implosion we warned would happen if a lifelong liberal NYC Democrat was the guy you chose to be your leader.  You made that choice - so you live with the consequences.  We're not going to back you or defend a President who has vowed to primary every Conservative who does not support him, and whom almost daily feeds the Machine new ammunition to use against him because he cannot control his thumbs, his mouth or his narcissism.

That we do.

At least you are finally being honest.  It's all about the "Told ya so!" 

Yeah, we told them so.  Repeatedly.  They know it.  We know it.  So lets joke, poke fun, and align ourselves with the Democrats out of spite.  Good, principled plan you have there.  That'll sure show 'em!  *****rollingeyes*****

As for Trump threatening to primary the Conservatives, I was furious when he did it; although I suspected it to be a scare tactic for bargaining purposes.  I still didn't like it a bit, but i had enough sense to realize that if Trump truly meant it, somebody would inform him that he best not.  I had full confidence that it would not happen.  I don't believe he ever intended to follow through, but I don't know that for a fact.  I will be right there with you screaming to the rafters if he does something of the sort.

I do not care to carry on this argument with you further.  I don't agree with your idea of principles and do not intend to waste my breath further.  You've made it perfectly clear that you think the country deserves your poo-flinging for daring to vote for a person of whom you do not support.  The Democrats agree with you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 03:23:06 am »
Wow.  You're having a helluva night @anubias    ^-^

Great job, BTW!   :beer:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 04:00:50 am »
Where's that Christian forgiveness?

I do not recall 'forgiveness' being asked for. 

Sorry, but I am weary of those still fighting and holding grudges over the Primaries.  It has become old to me. 

This is about a whole lot more than the primaries.  This is about the discarding of fundamental and foundational principles for expedience, pragmatism and because a majority see politics as a sporting event, rather than what safeguards liberty.

I realize our "principles" are under siege, but that is not the fault of those that do not agree with us. 

No, it's the fault of those who easily surrender them and demand others do so 'to win'.  It's because the people are no longer governed by principles and will willingly trade fundamental liberty for the promises of safety, security, prosperity and provision.

I agree with @Right_in_Virginia that a small minority cannot ram their set of principles down the rest of the country's throats however much we may wish it to be so.

Funny that a minority of Hedonists and Marxists can shove their principles down everyones throats, but comes the principles of the bible with Constitutionalism and limited government - why then that minority cannot even so much as stand on those principles when surrendering them for the greater good is demanded as a necessity.

It's our very principles that turn off so many voters and that number is growing.

Welcome to your fate.  The Founders warned you that only a religious and moral people were capable of maintaining the Constitution and liberty.  They told us that when a nation becomes corrupt and as vicious as our has - that we will have more need of subjugation.  Telling us to shut up about our principles because the majority does not like them and you would rather some crumbs of freedom from the Table of your Masters than owning liberty

I guess I'm too willing to take what crumbs I can get and push for more after we get our foot in the door. 

Conservatives have bought that attempt that for decades.  At what point do you admit you are practicing insanity?

Digging my feet in the ground and refusing to budge if I don't get everything my way is self-defeating imo. 

A people and nation that have discarded foundational principles for pragmatic politics has already defeated itself. What transpires next is the tyranny of men that insist you must capitulate all for the good of the state and the nation to the passions and desires that govern the most unscrupulous aspects of human nature.

At least you are finally being honest.  It's all about the "Told ya so!" 

You wouldn't listen to admonition, reason or exposition.  Our principles it was said are "an enemy of the good".  So you get to eat what you said you wanted, to harvest that which you have sown - and eat it to the full you will. 

I have no intention of helping you out of the disaster you have sown for yourselves. You wouldn't listen when you were being pleaded with - instead we discovered just how much you people hate those who refused to go along with you.

So lets joke, poke fun, and align ourselves with the Democrats out of spite. 

And that is what you people have always done: insist that if we are not with you in lockstep, then we are with the enemy.

Fine, then.  You made us the enemy and insisted this was so, insisted this was out of spite.  Okay then - I'll agree.

Now what?   Do you really think we're going to aid you in the disaster you have chosen for yourselves?   Would you prefer to go all Jihad on us as your compatriot suggested this morning?

As for Trump threatening to primary the Conservatives...I will be right there with you screaming to the rafters if he does something of the sort.

Anytime someone issues threats, I take them at their word. I'm not waiting to find out if they are sincere or not.

I do not care to carry on this argument with you further.  I don't agree with your idea of principles and do not intend to waste my breath further. 

Then stop demanding our support, our help or demanding we shut up about your chosen leader unless it's praise.  If you want an echo chamber, TOS should be back up soon.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 05:24:18 am »
@INVAR You forgot the last line in your quotes

You've made it perfectly clear that you think the country deserves your poo-flinging for daring to vote for a person of whom you do not support.  The Democrats agree with you as witnessed by the attempted coup that some here approve.

As for the rest, you are still putting words in my mouth I see.  When you keep doing it after I pointed it out to you, it makes it a deliberate falsehood.  Something a principled person imo would not do.  We obviously have different principles.

I have not demanded anybody's support.  I have stated repeatedly that I don't believe the situation is a laughing matter.  The trite one-liners, the jeering, the disrespectful name-calling, and the out and out obtuseness of some have grated on my nerves all week.  I also could not comprehend any Conservative, Christian or otherwise, aligning with the Democrats in hoping that a coup is successful to remove a seated POTUS regardless of whether one voted for that POTUS or not.  Support?  Please.  I didn't expect NTs to support Trump, but I did expect a certain amount of ambivalence.  The gleeful poo-flinging I did not expect.  I used my principles as the basis for those expectations, not yours.  My mistake.

As I stated earlier, I do not wish to argue with you further.  You continue to put words in my mouth that I did not say.  I see no point in it.  It matters not as you have won.  You have your special counsel to keep this going for years.  With any luck, you just might eventually get your wish.  I, on the other hand, hope you do not.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 05:51:12 am »
@INVAR You forgot the last line in your quotes

I didn't forget.  That comment doesn't deserve a reply.

As for the rest, you are still putting words in my mouth I see.  When you keep doing it after I pointed it out to you, it makes it a deliberate falsehood.  Something a principled person imo would not do.

You keep projecting that, which you, yourself are doing.  A trait we are discovering is quite common with AlwaysTrump.

To wit:

"I also could not comprehend any Conservative, Christian or otherwise, aligning with the Democrats in hoping that a coup is successful to remove a seated POTUS regardless of whether one voted for that POTUS or not".

No Conservative on this board has aligned themselves with Democrats hoping a coup is successful.  Those are words and the motive you have decided to put into the mouths of every single Conservative here who has been critical of Trump that has 'grated your nerves all week'.  I imagine you are going through horrible withdrawal with the echo chamber that is TOS being offline, but if you have any self control you will simply refrain from allowing your nerves to be grated with this board.

You have your special counsel to keep this going for years. 

Not my special counsel, I didn't appoint him, nor did I advise that anyone should.  How exactly is it that you have decided upon your own authority to grant me ownership of that?

With any luck, you just might eventually get your wish.

And what 'wish' would that be?  Please find the quote and discourse I provided of this 'wish' you say I so desire, and repost it here so everyone can read and understand exactly what I  'wish' for so everyone knows what you are hoping I do not get.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline anubias

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 07:05:33 am »
What do you say we give the other forum members a break and choose not to ruin this thread by going on and on and on about nothing for twelve pages?