Author Topic: First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump  (Read 3141 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump
By Cristina Marcos - 05/17/17 10:21 AM EDT

Republicans are beginning to talk of the possibility that President Trump could face impeachment after reports that he pressed ousted FBI Director James Comey to end an investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

While Republicans are choosing their words carefully, the fact that impeachment is even being mentioned is notable in Washington's polarized political environment.

Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Wednesday said if the reports about Trump's pressure on Comey are true, it would merit impeachment.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/333803-first-republicans-talk-impeachment-for-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: First Republicans talk possibility of impeachment for Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 09:43:30 pm »
Good.  It's overdue ... let's do it and get it behind us so Pence/Ryan/Schumer can return us to normal.

At least we'll hold the WH. 

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:47:37 pm »
Good.  It's overdue ... let's do it and get it behind us so Pence/Ryan/Schumer can return us to normal.

@Right_in_Virginia, is that really you?

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 09:50:33 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia, is that really you?

Yes.  I have chosen to ride this horse in the direction it is going.

I am weary.  You have won @Sanguine

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:02 pm »
Rep. Justin Amash (R-Mich.) on Wednesday said if the reports about Trump's pressure on Comey are true, it would merit impeachment.

And this is just more evidence that Amash is a grand standing idiot. If the President wants to dissolve the FBI all together he can. It is under the control of the EXECUTIVE BRANCH. Hell, all of the power to spy and create files on people the FBI has comes from the President.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2012/oct/24/how-fbi-bosses-us-presidents

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:03 pm »

Yeah. You wouldn't want laws, separations of powers or due process to get in the way of holding the WH.

BTW, what makes you think anything would change with someone else in the WH? The MSM/Rats have it as their mission to right the world by destroying everything but themselves.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:17 pm »

BS! @Right_in_Virginia  Hard Core Trumpsters don't change on a dime, I call your Bluff
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 10:00:59 pm »
    BS! @Right_in_Virginia  Hard Core Trumpsters don't change on a dime, I call your Bluff

It's not a bluff @corbe  During the election I could see the path for Trump's victory.  I don't see one now. 

We were able to win the election without the NTs Corbe, we can't win this war without them.  Today there is too much joy in NTville to count on their help and support.

All I ask is to remember the President is a good patriot with the right ideas.  So, please don't torture him.  The impeachment should be sooner rather than later.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:09:28 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 10:03:45 pm »

Not I, RIV.  As you know, I'm on the fence on this deal. 

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »

You broke a hard core #AT like RIV. I guess you win a lifetime supply of Turtle Wax.

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:01 pm »
It's not a bluff @corbe  During the election I could see the path for Trump's victory.  I don't see one now. 

We were able to win the election without the NTs Corbe, we can't win this war without them.  Today there is too much joy in NTville to count of their help and support.

All I ask is to remember the President is a good patriot with the right ideas.  So, please don't torture him.  The impeachment should be sooner rather than later.

Not to offer you a ray of hope or anything, but I was as "NeverTrump" as anyone, and I think this whole "obstruction" thing is a bunch of media-generated-and-overhyped-BS. On the other hand, I also think that Pres. Trump adds fuel to the flames by talking (and tweeting) without first thinking through the consequences of what he's saying. In any case, talk of impeachment at this point is completely unwarranted IMHO.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 10:40:34 pm »
   OK if were gonna bear our souls here I'll finally admit to @Emjay that I always hated the SOB!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline anubias

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 10:59:03 pm »

We were able to win the election without the NTs Corbe, we can't win this war without them.  Today there is too much joy in NTville to count on their help and support.

Oh FFS, @Right_in_Virginia .  Granted there are some folks here that are happy to allow the subversion of the Constitution take place right under their noses, but reverse psychology isn't going to work on them.  They're not THAT stupid. 

Frankly, I don't want such people in the trenches with me.  They'd stab you in the back over a grain of rice they wanted to consume that was stuck to your shirt while you were holding off an attack all the while claiming you didn't deserve that grain of rice because they wanted potatoes and didn't get them for dinner.  Phhht. 

As for any R that goes along with even the hint or suggestion of impeachment, I will actively pound the pavement to get them out of office.  I highly doubt I will be alone in that endeavor.  I suspect they will be met with one seriously motivated electorate.

Offline beandog

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 11:02:41 pm »
Oh FFS, @Right_in_Virginia .  Granted there are some folks here that are happy to allow the subversion of the Constitution take place right under their noses, but reverse psychology isn't going to work on them.  They're not THAT stupid. 

Frankly, I don't want such people in the trenches with me.  They'd stab you in the back over a grain of rice they wanted to consume that was stuck to your shirt while you were holding off an attack all the while claiming you didn't deserve that grain of rice because they wanted potatoes and didn't get them for dinner.  Phhht. 

As for any R that goes along with even the hint or suggestion of impeachment, I will actively pound the pavement to get them out of office.  I highly doubt I will be alone in that endeavor.  I suspect they will be met with one seriously motivated electorate.
:amen:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 11:02:52 pm »
Not to offer you a ray of hope or anything, but I was as "NeverTrump" as anyone, and I think this whole "obstruction" thing is a bunch of media-generated-and-overhyped-BS. On the other hand, I also think that Pres. Trump adds fuel to the flames by talking (and tweeting) without first thinking through the consequences of what he's saying. In any case, talk of impeachment at this point is completely unwarranted IMHO.  :shrug:

Ehhhh....

I think it's premature. However if trump did something illegal and tried to cover it up by firing coney, then that is impeachable.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 11:03:13 pm »

Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

You made enemies of natural allies.  Enjoy the consequences, they will be well earned.

But I doubt you even mean what you typed, considering manipulation to accept a narrative is your job.

As your compatriot just noted - we are not that stupid - and rightfully noted that neither of us trust another enough to share a trench, given that some of us got to experience the night of long knives and banning by a mob that refused to tolerate any criticism of him whom they made their prince.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 11:04:28 pm »
   Did someone say Grain of Rice?

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 11:13:07 pm »

I as well was as "NeverTrump" as anyone ... and until it is proven that he is definitely in the wrong, I stand by him.  Again, I don't trust the MSM, DEMS, Clinton's (oh yes, I believe they're involved in this witch hunt up to their eyebrows) or RINO's.  Keep in mind they threatened impeachment even before he was sworn in ... my gut feeling is that we are witnessing a coup ... and if they are able to oust President Trump ... we've lost and our country will be destroyed from the inside out. They didn't want a wall, they didn't want to repeal Bammycare, they wanted to let millions of Muslim refugees in and they fought Gorsuch who up until now they voted for unanimously.   It seems obvious to me that President Trump has shaken up the status quo in D.C. and they don't like it one bit.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 11:14:42 pm »

What the hell are you talking about @INVAR ?  Seriously, are you drinking and posting?

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:19 pm »

@anubias --- it was worth at least a shot.  Some bought it.   000hehehehe

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 11:20:37 pm »

You're a liar just like your hero.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 11:22:22 pm »
You're a liar just like your hero.

Whatever @Weird Tolkienish Figure .... I sure hope you're not mad at me.   :whistle:

I actually just wanted to give folks a glimpse at where this is going......my hope was to horrify them.

BTW.. thanks for removing that offensive avatar.  I do appreciate that.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:24:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 11:29:08 pm »
What the hell are you talking about @INVAR ?  Seriously, are you drinking and posting?

That's all you got? 

In case you haven't noticed, manipulation does not work on the Principled. 

You failed, spectacularly.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2017, 11:32:56 pm »
In case you haven't noticed, manipulation does not work on the Principled.   

OMG @INVAR ... you really only have one note in your playbook.  It brings me great joy to have given you a chance to sing it.

You're welcome.   :beer:

« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 11:33:37 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline anubias

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2017, 11:34:15 pm »

:patriot:  and a  :flag:

Psssst.  I'm enjoying my newfound reputation as a "Trumpster" although I disagree with a good number of his policies.  I'd much rather be bitching and moaning about those policies I don't like than cheering on the Marxists.  Strange bedfellows some have made there.