Author Topic: John McCain: Trump scandals reaching 'Watergate size and scale'  (Read 1185 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE HILL

URL: http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/333755-mccain-trump-scandals-reaching-watergate-size-and-scale

by Brooke Seipel

Arizona Sen. John McCain (R) reportedly said Tuesday that scandals within President Trump's administration are reaching a "Watergate size and scale."

McCain made the statement at a International Republican Institute dinner on Tuesday night. Multiple reporters said that during a speech at the event, McCain compared recent reports surrounding Trump's administration to Watergate.

McCain just said at a dinner honoring him that the Trump scandals have reached a "Watergate size and scale" -- wow

— Tim Mak (@timkmak) May 17, 2017

McCain at IRI dinner says scandals surrounding Trump are reaching "watergate size"

— Jenna Lifhits (@jlifhits) May 17, 2017

McCain, at IRI dinner panel being moderated by Schiefer, said the Trump scandals have become nearly "Watergate-size," per attendee.

— Maggie Haberman (@maggieNYT) May 17, 2017

@SenJohnMcCain at IRI dinner now- "We've seen this movie before. It's reaching Watergate size and scale....This is not good for the country"

— Ana Navarro (@ananavarro) May 17, 2017

McCain's statement came just hours after a bombshell report that Trump asked former FBI Director James Comey inFebruary to stop his investigation of former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

Trump has faced a major fallout over the last week following his surprise firing of Comey and reports that he revealed highly confidential information to Russian diplomats.

McCain also reportedly criticized Trump during his speech, calling it "unacceptable" to have allowed Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov into the Oval Office.

"I've known Lavrov for 30 years&he's an old KGB stooge&Putin is a murderer. To have the guy in the Oval Office...it's unacceptable " -McCain

— Danielle Pletka (@dpletka) May 17, 2017

McCain says having Russian foreign minister Lavrov in the Oval Office is just "unacceptable" due to Russian abuses

— Tim Mak (@timkmak) May 17, 2017

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: John McCain: Trump scandals reaching 'Watergate size and scale'
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 01:45:29 pm »
McCain is a RINO and his pandering to the left is the reason he lost the presidency to Bammy. He's the reason that we've suffered through 8 long destructive years under progressive liberalism. He has zero credibility and it's time for the ole geezer to retire!!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 01:48:58 pm »
McCain is a RINO and his pandering to the left is the reason he lost the presidency to Bammy. He's the reason that we've suffered through 8 long destructive years under progressive liberalism. He has zero credibility and it's time for the ole geezer to retire!!
He will ever be angry that he did not get 'his turn'.
At least JEBbie has the good sense to stay out of it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2017, 01:52:53 pm »

@libertybele

IMO he wanted to lose to bammy.  The GOP knew the economy was gonna tank and didn't want to take the blame.  They also wanted to push globalism and it was easier for the democrats to do that.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 02:00:10 pm »
@libertybele

IMO he wanted to lose to bammy.  The GOP knew the economy was gonna tank and didn't want to take the blame.  They also wanted to push globalism and it was easier for the democrats to do that.   

Clearly by their behavior today the GOP is most comfortable as a minority party and yearn to return to their safe space.

They don't want to lead because they simply do not want the same things their constituents want, yet they still need their votes. This is their dilemma.

The sooner the rank and file get this through their skulls the sooner we can get on to forming another party.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2017, 02:08:41 pm »
McCain, a Republican, is telling the truth as he sees it.  Other Republicans are keeping a low profile.  Yesterday, CNN reported they couldn't find a Republican to interview.  Eventually, other Republicans besides McCain will speak out for the good of the country.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2017, 02:10:16 pm »
More McCain hyperbolic jumping the shark because he doesn't like Trump because Trump's a big meanie.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2017, 02:15:16 pm »
McCain, a Republican, is telling the truth as he sees it.  Other Republicans are keeping a low profile.  Yesterday, CNN reported they couldn't find a Republican to interview.  Eventually, other Republicans besides McCain will speak out for the good of the country.

In view of the evidence of the misdeeds Obama and his department of State, his IRS, his DOJ committed during his eight years, McCain thinks that leaked contemporaneous notes of a fired official indicating Trump expressed "hope" that the FBI would let go an investigation of one of his aids & longtime associates who might be guilty of minor disclosure violations is evidence of an impeachable offense?

If he thinks this is truth then the senator likely is incapable of feeding and wiping himself.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:16:49 pm by skeeter »

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2017, 02:16:14 pm »
McCain, a Republican, is telling the truth as he sees it.

OK, educate this ignoramus poster, what truth did he see?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2017, 02:23:41 pm »

When you are siding with one of the most Liberal Democrats in the Senate, you should reevaluate your political leanings.

Let’s Closely Examine McCain’s Record

http://humanevents.com/2008/02/01/lets-closely-examine-mccains-record/

Most voters know about his anti-free speech McCain-Feingold campaign finance reform. His temper is legendary, and his mistreatment of conservatives and fellow Republicans has earned him accolades from the liberal media who lovingly refer to him as a “maverick.” And he suffered a blow to his campaign last summer after his second failed attempt to pass the McCain-Kennedy guest-worker/amnesty bill. But his apostasies go far beyond that into taxes, judges, life concerns, same-sex marriage, energy and other issues important to conservatives.

He has established a record of not simply opposing tax cuts — including the Bush cuts of 2001 and 2003 and the attempt to eliminate the death tax in 2002 — but of opposing them using class-warfare rhetoric (See “John McCain’s Top 10 Class-Warfare Arguments Against Tax Cuts,” HUMAN EVENTS, January 14.). He even went so far as to be to the left of former NBC “Today” host Katie Couric.

First, he has called for the closing of the terrorist detainee facility at Guantanamo Bay. An article in the March 18, 2007, UK Sunday Telegraph, “Straight-Talking McCain Vows To Fix World’s View of the ‘Ugly American,’” reported that McCain said “restoring America’s sullied reputation abroad will be ‘a top priority’ if he wins the White House.” How would McCain do this? He has a “series of measures to roll back Bush policies”:

“I would immediately close Guantanamo Bay, move all the prisoners to Ft. Leavenworth and truly expedite the judicial proceedings in their cases.”

Also a concern for the right is McCain’s involvement in the infamous “Gang of 14.” In late May 2005, just as then-Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist (R.-Tenn.) was ready to pull the trigger on the “nuclear option” to end the filibustering of judicial nominees, McCain undermined his party with his own solution. Mark Levin wrote this about it for HUMAN EVENTS (See “Call Them the Sellout Seven”):

“On the eve of the day when the unconstitutional filibustering of judicial nominees was going to be voted down by the Republican majority in the Senate — returning the body to the majoritarian rule on judicial nominations that had stood for more than 214 years — seven so-called ‘moderate’ Republicans sabotaged their 48 Senate colleagues, the Senate leadership and the President. For weeks, they had huddled in secret with seven Democrats looking for a deal to avoid the coming showdown. . . . John McCain of Arizona, their leader, has built his career on undermining his party.”

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2017, 02:28:09 pm »
McCain's record aside, Victoria tells us that McCain is telling the truth as he sees it. I want to know what he sees that others in this forum don't.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2017, 02:31:12 pm »

Telling the truth as he sees it.  Well...what valid proof does he have?  Secondly, over the years I have learned to not trust McCain, he sides with the left and votes along with them.  I never trusted him before and I certainly, definitely don't trust him now.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 02:40:09 pm »
Trump won't be impeached. He'll resign sometime within the next year while citing some BS reason.

On the bright side I see TwitterTrumpers working on a theory that "Pence is Trump's LBJ" under the theory that LBJ had Kennedy killed so he could be president.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 02:43:41 pm »
McCain's record aside, Victoria tells us that McCain is telling the truth as he sees it. I want to know what he sees that others in this forum don't.
@SirLinksALot

I expect he has access to information we don't have - yet.  Trashing McCain doesn't change what Trump has wrought, brought on himself.

CNN said this morning it has been 18 hours since Trump made a tweet.  That is the longest time he has gone without making a tweet since he got in the White House.  I expect it was the White House lawyers who finally got him to shut up.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 02:46:33 pm by Victoria33 »

Online corbe

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 02:48:07 pm »
   More proof that there is not any situation that can't be made worse by this fool opening his mouth.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 02:50:51 pm »

He sees unnamed sources and no proof as unimpeachable if the MSM is selling it.

Offline FreeReign

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 02:52:55 pm »

Sure. John Traitor McCain other RINOs and you.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 03:31:20 pm »
McCain is on my all-American Fecal Roster for voting to scuttle the Methane rule repeal, along with Graham, Collins, and Heitkamp, who voted to hurt her state.

He's been flapping his lips, but I'm still waiting for him to speak out for the good of the country.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 03:34:18 pm »
Trump won't be impeached. He'll resign sometime within the next year while citing some BS reason.

On the bright side I see TwitterTrumpers working on a theory that "Pence is Trump's LBJ" under the theory that LBJ had Kennedy killed so he could be president.
Trump's job was to stop Cruz. I think his getting elected wasn't on the initial wish list, that was for someone GOPE whose 'turn' was coming up. When he actually started leading, no way he was going to back down.

C S Lewis

Offline beandog

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 03:35:23 pm »
@SirLinksALot

I expect he has access to information we don't have - yet.  Trashing McCain doesn't change what Trump has wrought, brought on himself.

CNN said this morning it has been 18 hours since Trump made a tweet.  That is the longest time he has gone without making a tweet since he got in the White House.  I expect it was the White House lawyers who finally got him to shut up.
I seriously doubt that old fool has access to anything but his own lying mouth.  McCain is trash so we don't have to "trash" him. *****rollingeyes*****