Author Topic: University Activist Claims Wood Paneling “Marginalizes” Students  (Read 1642 times)

rangerrebew

University Activist Claims Wood Paneling “Marginalizes” Students

By V Saxena
on May 16, 2017 at 11:34am

The former president of Building a Better Michigan, an activist group at at the University of Michigan, claimed that minority students basically felt intimidated by wood paneling.

“Minority students felt marginalized by quiet, imposing, masculine paneling” found throughout the university’s historic Michigan Union building, Anna Wibbelman said during a student government meeting two months ago, according to The College Fix.

http://conservativetribune.com/paneling-latest-snowflake-trigger/
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 07:20:57 pm by rangerrebew »

geronl

**nononono*

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I really didn't think they could get any stupider.

Was wrong.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Wingnut

She'd flip out over shiplap boards then.   

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
So if my woman likes wood paneling should I be worried she is a lesbian? I just can't keep up with this nonsense.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

So if my woman likes wood paneling should I be worried she is a lesbian? I just can't keep up with this nonsense.

I bet MS Wibbelman is a carpenters dream.  Flat as a board and never been nailed.

Offline andy58-in-nh

I bet MS Wibbelman is a carpenters dream.  Flat as a board and never been nailed.
You'd have to be pretty hammered to give that a screw. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
:nono:
I suspect some warping.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline andy58-in-nh

Are minorities more naturally at home in rooms lined by cement rather than wood? What if the walls were white? Would that be a microaggression? Or is the real problem that wood paneling is entirely too reminiscent of a courtroom setting?

More insanity from our institutions of lower learning. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

You'd have to be pretty hammered to give that a screw.
:nono:
I suspect some warping.

not to mention Dry rot or maybe a dose of Thousand canker disease.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 08:50:24 pm by Wingnut »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: University Activist Claims Wood Paneling “Marginalizes” Students
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 08:51:10 pm »
not to mention Dry rot or maybe a dose of Thousand canker disease.

Several Daingerfield quips come to mind, but I have a suspicion that this wench hasn't seen much wood in her time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 08:51:56 pm »
She's kinda cute.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2017, 08:52:41 pm »
She's kinda cute.

I'd give her a "5" on a curve.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2017, 09:11:18 pm »
I'd give her a "5" on a curve.

I'd throw her a half a hump. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2017, 09:38:46 pm »
She's kinda cute.

Yeah, in a slammed-my-head-against-a-paneled-wall sort of way...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 01:32:41 am »
She don't look all that bad, but her brains be an order of magnitude lesser than her hair!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 01:37:34 am »
Well to be fair wood paneling is pretty outdated...