Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: Trump owes the news media nothing  (Read 1665 times)

Offline libertybele

Newt Gingrich: Trump owes the news media nothing
« on: May 16, 2017, 11:39:25 am »
The Washington Post, CNN, MSN, MSNBC, Yahoo, are all reporting the same 'dirt'.  The current investigation into Trump colluding with the Russians originally was started by the Clinton camp which the MSM was happy to oblige.  People need to remember that it was the MSM that got Bammy elected.

.........Here is what National Security Adviser Lieutenant General H. R. McMaster said Monday in response to the latest Washington press corps hysteria:

"There's nothing that the president takes more seriously than the security of the American people. The story that came out tonight as reported is false. The president and the foreign minister reviewed a range of common threats to our two countries including threats to civil aviation. At no time, at no time were intelligence sources or methods discussed. And the President did not discuss any military operations that were not already publicly known. Two other senior officials who were present, including the secretary of state, remember the meeting the same way and have said so. Their on-the-record accounts should outweigh anonymous sources. And I was in the room, it didn’t happen."

This simply reinforces the following, which I wrote earlier today.

After almost four months of watching the news media’s unending dishonesty, hostility, and contempt toward the Trump administration, it is time to have a blunt conversation.

The President owes Americans the defense of the United States Constitution.

The President owes the American people a sound job as commander in chief, protecting the country.

The President owes the American people a dramatically stronger economy with more jobs, better take home pay, and increased opportunities for investment growth; which will help people prepare for retirement, strengthen pension funds, and guarantee Social Security’s solvency.

The President owes the American people a better health system with greater access, lower costs, and better health outcomes.

Indeed, the President owes the American people many things.

But the President does not owe anything to the Washington press corps and the left-wing hypocrites who dominate today's news media.........

...........If you review the first four months of news coverage – much of which is based on unnamed sources – it becomes obvious how overwhelmingly negative, hostile, gossipy, and focused on undermining and weakening President Trump and his team the press corps truly is.

Given a choice between writing a story about a big historic accomplishment and a petty piece about infighting in the White House, the Washington press corps will go for the dirt every time. If Washington is the swamp, the media is the muck.

I challenge anyone to analyze the last four months of news coverage of President Trump and come to the conclusion that it is unbiased, serious, or focused on important topics..........

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/05/15/newt-gingrich-trump-owes-news-media-nothing.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Re: Newt Gingrich: Trump owes the news media nothing
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:17:43 pm »

I disagree.   He owes them a massive beat down.   He owes them the metaphorical  equivalent of getting  their teeth knocked out and being beaten unconscious.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2017, 02:43:17 pm »
I disagree.   He owes them a massive beat down.   He owes them the metaphorical  equivalent of getting  their teeth knocked out and being beaten unconscious.

I agree.

We can backtrack to Reagan or Bush and describe in detail how unusually unfair the media treated them.  And during that time there was also a golden rule in politics - never attack the media.  Fast forward to the past political campaign.  Anytime a Republican attacked the media during a speech the crowd gave back their loudest cheers of approval by far.  Occasionally they would even have a sound meter that measured audience responses and media attacks always pegged the needle.

Seems to me the people get it.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2017, 02:48:23 pm »
I agree.

We can backtrack to Reagan or Bush and describe in detail how unusually unfair the media treated them.  And during that time there was also a golden rule in politics - never attack the media.  Fast forward to the past political campaign.  Anytime a Republican attacked the media during a speech the crowd gave back their loudest cheers of approval by far.  Occasionally they would even have a sound meter that measured audience responses and media attacks always pegged the needle.

Seems to me the people get it.

1992 woke me up to the threat that Liberal Monopoly control of "news"  and "entertainment"  poses to the best interests of the nation.   The media gave that election to Bill Clinton.    Had they covered Bill Clinton objectively,   he would have lost in a massive landslide,  but they did instead use their power to malign Bush,  and cover up for Bill Clinton.   

I am now of the Opinion that the media also exercised their power in the 1970s to destroy a President they hated.   

People,  we need to wake up to the threat that Liberal Control of the information streams poses to the nation.    Our Republic cannot survive if both political parties cannot have equal ability to speak to the American people.   

We now have a system where the Media is an axillary of the Democrat party,  and completely the enemy of Republicans.   
‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Hondo69

• The more I know the less I understand
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2017, 04:39:22 pm »
We now have a system where the Media is an axillary of the Democrat party,  and completely the enemy of Republicans.

Or, they control the Democrat party, one of the two.

We all know the liberal media uses identical talking points across the spectrum.  Identical as in word for word identical.  On rare occasions those talking points are nothing but repeating a phrase spoken by Nancy Pelosi or some other leader of the Democrat party.  But far more often it is the other way around.

Most often you'll hear the phrase initially on the media outlets including CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and on down the line.  The Democrats in turn will pickup that phrase and run with it.  So the majority of the time the liberal media leads the path for the Democrats to follow, which they are more than happy to do.  Which is why I believe the media controls the Democrat party.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2017, 05:59:23 pm »
How Newsweek portrayed the author of this article in December, 1994:

Mr. Gingrich knows a thing or too about media bias.  Incidentally, Newsweek sold the entire publication for less than the price of a single issue years later.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

geronl

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 08:18:43 pm »
The media handed Trump the nomination on a silver platter thinking Hillary could beat him. (she couldn't beat a ham sandwich)

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 08:24:47 pm »
Newt..........go away.

Offline minnesota_bound

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 10:27:29 pm »
Donald Trump should have the broadcast licenses yank for sedition.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2017, 11:03:17 pm »

He owns broadcast properties?  He should divest just for conflict of interest reasons.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2017, 11:52:14 pm »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
Newt's lack of honor and integrity is an old story.  That he hitched himself to Trump is no surprise. 
None of Newt's troubles were ever the fault of the media.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2017, 12:01:40 am »
Or, they control the Democrat party, one of the two.

We all know the liberal media uses identical talking points across the spectrum.  Identical as in word for word identical.  On rare occasions those talking points are nothing but repeating a phrase spoken by Nancy Pelosi or some other leader of the Democrat party.  But far more often it is the other way around.

Most often you'll hear the phrase initially on the media outlets including CNN, MSNBC, ABC, and on down the line.  The Democrats in turn will pickup that phrase and run with it.  So the majority of the time the liberal media leads the path for the Democrats to follow, which they are more than happy to do.  Which is why I believe the media controls the Democrat party.

In the last year or so I believe I have come to better understand the nature of the beast we face.    It is an Aristocracy,   mostly centered in New York,  but with greater and lesser principalities  in Washington,  Boston,  Chicago and Los Angeles.   

The "establishment"  is a manifestation of Crony Capitalism.   It is an amalgamation of Government Insiders and business interests that enrich each other with money and power by steering government policy into reckless spending that benefits them. 

We are the rubes. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:04 am »

This is closer to the lines I have been thinking along.    We need to cost the mainstream media ferocious amounts of assets and money.    Till we start bleeding them financially for being biased,  they are going to keep operating as an adjunct of the Democrat party. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2017, 02:03:30 am »
None of Newt's troubles were ever the fault of the media.

No, none at all.

I will NOT comply.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2017, 06:05:34 am »
Actually, Newt, he owes them for over a billion dollars worth of free coverage during the primaries.

Luckily he always stiffs his contractors.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2017, 11:10:35 am »

There is a thing called the Freedom of the Press...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2017, 11:47:02 am »
New info this morning.............DT wanted Flynn to imprison reporters who revealed classified information...........

While DT was busy threatening Comey not to leak, Comey had contemporaneous notes on a variety of 'requests' by DT.  Wondering too, if some of this craziness wasn't egged on by the martial arts dude.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2017, 12:16:45 pm »
New info this morning.............DT wanted Flynn to imprison reporters who revealed classified information...........

That is clearly UNCONSTITUTIONAL...

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2017, 12:30:10 pm »

That is clearly UNCONSTITUTIONAL...

Yeah but I guarantee that Trumpers would cheer the rounding up of "unapproved" media. We've got cnsnews claiming that annonymity in the press is detrimental to "democracy".

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,263216.msg1323891.html#msg1323891

Meanwhile trash like Tucker Carlson are happily spreading blatant Russian propaganda.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2017, 12:36:12 pm »
Yeah but I guarantee that Trumpers would cheer the rounding up of "unapproved" media. We've got cnsnews claiming that annonymity in the press is detrimental to "democracy".

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,263216.msg1323891.html#msg1323891

Meanwhile trash like Tucker Carlson are happily spreading blatant Russian propaganda.

I am by no means fan of the msm, however, blaming the msm for everything that goes wrong is getting old and tiresome. 

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2017, 12:44:12 pm »
The FNC influence on DT is getting to the point where Murdoch is going to have to have a serious sit down with their personnel.
Some of their recent commentary is cuckoo's nest category.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2017, 12:52:23 pm »

I am by no means fan of the msm, however, blaming the msm for everything that goes wrong is getting old and tiresome.

Its foolish and dangerous. Its more than a little disturbing to see "conservatives" pushing for a Trum/Media relationship like it is with Putin in Russia. At the same time these very same people will spend years on conspiracy theories if a right wing media personality dies suddenly.

Just a few years ago here in MI there was a leftist attempt to push legislation to require licensing and registration of "legitimate press" over bloggers.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2017, 04:55:25 am »

Really?

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2017, 10:48:32 am »
Is there no one surrounding this administration willing to take personal responsibility for their own actions?

What a silly question.