Author Topic: Ahead Of Trump’s Israel Visit, Trump Official Tells Netanyahu Team “The Western Wall Is Not Your Territory”  (Read 1093 times)

Offline corbe

Ahead Of Trump’s Israel Visit, Trump Official Tells Netanyahu Team “The Western Wall Is Not Your Territory”

Posted at 6:00 pm on May 15, 2017 by Susan Wright

So I told you this weekend about Secretary of State Tillerson making the comment that moving the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem would depend on a peace deal between Palestine and Israel – something we know isn’t just going to happen.

Today, I told you about heavyweight donor Sheldon Adelson’s outrage over those comments, as he is a fierce defender of Israel and knows what moving the embassy to Jerusalem means.

Now for something from Israel…

Conflict seems to be brewing in regards to not only the U.S. embassy, but the Western Wall, as well.

From the Jerusalem Post:

The drama unfolded when a senior White House official said that the Western Wall was part of the West Bank and not part of Israel’s territory, as Channel 2 reported on Monday.
“The Western Wall is not in your territory,” the official reportedly said.

It seems that the official was prompted to make the statement after members of Netanyahu’s team asked if Netanyahu could join Trump on the visit to the Western Wall and whether Israeli photographers could document the event, to which the Americans replied that the Western Wall was a “disputed territory.”
Wowzers!

Oh, don’t worry. It gets better.

<..snip..>

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2017/05/15/ahead-trumps-israel-visit-trump-official-tells-netanyahu-team-western-wall-not-territory/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline goodwithagun

Maybe he can build them another wall. Or maybe, just maybe, he's playing 8th dimensional chess. He can get a bulk discount and Israel and the U.S. both get walls.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline corbe

The Great negotiator will ensure Mexico pays for BOTH Walls, just as he said I'm tired of winning already with just 120 days past, by 500 days I'll be suicidal with so much happiness.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

Does this mean the 'I'll recognize Jerusalem as your capitol' promise ist tot now?

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I wonder how he would feel if Israel decided to tell us the Great Wall of Rump isn't ours, but on Aztlan disputed land?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

"These comments, if true, were not authorized by the White House," a spokesman told The Jerusalem Post on Monday afternoon. "They do not reflect the US position, and certainly not the president's position."

http://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/White-House-questions-authenticity-of-Western-Wall-sovereignty-comments-490831

There's a lot of sh*t going on ahead of this visit....

Netanyahu denies privately urging Trump not to move embassy to Jerusalem
Times of Israel, May 15, 2017

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vehemently denied a Fox News reporter’s claim that he told President Donald Trump not to move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.

In a post on his Twitter account on Monday, Fox News correspondent Conor Powell wrote that “everyone” he has spoken to familiar with the deliberations on moving the embassy has confirmed that Netanyahu told Trump not to go through with the move.

More: http://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-said-to-have-privately-urged-trump-against-jerusalem-embassy-move/

Offline goodwithagun

The Great negotiator will ensure Mexico pays for BOTH Walls, just as he said I'm tired of winning already with just 120 days past, by 500 days I'll be suicidal with so much happiness.

¡Viva Nueva Jerusalem!
I stand with Roosgirl.

Maybe he can build them another wall. Or maybe, just maybe, he's playing 8th dimensional chess. He can get a bulk discount and Israel and the U.S. both get walls.

The "quote" is false @goodwithagun ... at this point if you're interested in the truth, you'll need to go to the Israeli press.

Offline goodwithagun

The "quote" is false @goodwithagun ... at this point if you're interested in the truth, you'll need to go to the Israeli press.

¡Viva Nueva Jerusalem! Hint: Pronounce the j like an h.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 01:33:14 am by goodwithagun »
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline anubias

It appears RedState needs to update their article.  The WhiteHouse denial is the latest article (top right) at jpost.com if anybody gives a damn what the Whitehouse has to say about it.  I realize it is much more fun to poke fun instead of keeping up.   :shrug:

It appears RedState needs to update their article.  The WhiteHouse denial is the latest article (top right) at jpost.com if anybody gives a damn what the Whitehouse has to say about it.  I realize it is much more fun to poke fun instead of keeping up.   :shrug:

It is pretty demoralizing @anubias  ... I did post a link to the Jpost article up thread ... but folks seem to have missed it. 

Offline anubias

It is pretty demoralizing @anubias  ... I did post a link to the Jpost article up thread ... but folks seem to have missed it.

It doesn't support their agenda; thus it is to be ignored I guess.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yea!!! More unnamed sources claiming irrational shit that is immediately shot down by named sources. LET THE MERRY-GO-ROUND CONTINUE!!!!!!