Author Topic: This Is Why Trump Didn’t Tell His Staffers He Was Going To Fire James Comey  (Read 1286 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This Is Why Trump Didn’t Tell His Staffers He Was Going To Fire James Comey

Posted By Peter Hasson On 6:06 PM 05/14/2017

President Trump’s decision to keep his staff in the dark regarding his firing of then-FBI director James Comey was motivated by his concern that staffers would leak the news to the press, according to a report in the Associated Press.

While weighing whether or not to fire Comey, Trump kept his staffers out of the loop because he feared “that his own team would leak the decision,” according to the AP. Trump gave the White House communications team just one hour’s notice of Comey’s firing, leading to a poor public defense of the decision.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/14/this-is-why-trump-didnt-tell-his-staffers-he-was-going-to-fire-james-comey/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rivergirl

And then he screams at his staff for not getting republicans all lined up to praise the firing.
Reality is just an alternate universe for DT.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This kind of mistrust within an administration is not a good sign.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Who knows if this is true or not. Only guy who does isn't telling (and half the population wouldn't believe him if he did tell).  :shrug:

With that said - if it is true, Trump needs to spend a week or so doing nothing else but putting his house in order. That should take priority over everything else.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Applewood

If this is true, it supports the assertion that problems within the administration are largely the fault of Trump.  Sure, he hired a number of people ill-suited for their jobs, but I don't know how even the most competent employee could do his job with Trump at the helm. 

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
This kind of mistrust within an administration is not a good sign.

However, it was easy to foresee.  He was an outsider, criticizing establishment types the entire campaign, then puts them in the admin.  Plus, you've got tons of career govt employees loyal to Clinton and Obama.  What a surprise they'd undermine him.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
However, it was easy to foresee.  He was an outsider, criticizing establishment types the entire campaign, then puts them in the admin.  Plus, you've got tons of career govt employees loyal to Clinton and Obama.  What a surprise they'd undermine him.

Yes, not surprising at all and this explanation actually makes sense.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
If this is true, it supports the assertion that problems within the administration are largely the fault of Trump.  Sure, he hired a number of people ill-suited for their jobs, but I don't know how even the most competent employee could do his job with Trump at the helm.

But... but... Trump was only going to hire the 'best' people.  The BEST,  Best people.  He assured us that only the BEST will work for him, and WINNING will happen because of all the best people he hires.

Only the best.

Bigly.  The best.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

That's right.

Virtually any 'new' hire goes through a probationary period before they get 'full bennies'.   Even unions recognize that in brokered Agreements. 

Excuse me, if a self-declared/recognized "outsider" has decided that he needs loyalists sitting in the dispatcher's chair.   

The Problem is indeed coming from the White House.   But, it isn't necessarily him as the cause.

It was the Left and MSM's (but I repeat myself) strategy to topple his primary choices and closest advisors.  So he relented and tried/hoped it would work with Priebus/Ryan.   It apparently isn't.

....and to think...he's not even a big C Conservative.     *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
This Is Why Trump Didn’t Tell His Staffers He Was Going To Fire James Comey

Posted By Peter Hasson On 6:06 PM 05/14/2017

President Trump’s decision to keep his staff in the dark regarding his firing of then-FBI director James Comey was motivated by his concern that staffers would leak the news to the press, according to a report in the Associated Press.

While weighing whether or not to fire Comey, Trump kept his staffers out of the loop because he feared “that his own team would leak the decision,” according to the AP. Trump gave the White House communications team just one hour’s notice of Comey’s firing, leading to a poor public defense of the decision.

more
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/14/this-is-why-trump-didnt-tell-his-staffers-he-was-going-to-fire-james-comey/?print=1

Source??  I mean besides the author.  Why do we leap on these stories like starving hyenas, immediately believe them and then start criticizing.

Frankly, I'm amazed and kind of impressed that Trump could keep this huge story a secret.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Source??  I mean besides the author.  Why do we leap on these stories like starving hyenas, immediately believe them and then start criticizing.

Frankly, I'm amazed and kind of impressed that Trump could keep this huge story a secret.

You raise a good point @Emjay ... how do we know the President didn't tell his staffers?

Offline anubias

If I thought there was the slightest possibility of incriminating evidence against Obama and/or Hillary in that office, I wouldn't have told anybody that did not have an absolute need to know.  I would have sent the man on an excursion across the country (or waited until he was scheduled to do so) and fired him then.  The office would be locked down and I might even send out a tweet or two just to let the guy know we got his goodies.  Game over.

But that's just me.  I'm not the POTUS.   :shrug:

Offline the_doc

I disagree.  If Trump's staffers were more competent--or, perhaps, if Trump were better at communicating his own reasons to his staffers for firing Comey--then a one-hour notice would have been plenty of time for Trump's staffers to prepare a good public defense of the decision.

At the bottom line, the fault is Trump's.  He seems to have the idea that he can just shout out his thrilling words "You're fired!"--and everything will work out perfectly well.  (Trump seems to have the same idea about his tweets, of course.)   

Offline the_doc

And then he screams at his staff for not getting republicans all lined up to praise the firing.
Reality is just an alternate universe for DT.

In essence, you are pointing out that reality TV is not really real.  That is actually an epigrammatic distillation of what a lot of us NeverTrumpers were saying during the Republican primary.  Even Ann Coulter is now figuring out why so many of us vigorously opposed Trump's nomination.

I would go on to say again something else that I have said on other threads:  Trump is too narcissistic to have the kind of integrity that would keep him out of a lot of trouble by keeping him in reality.  Trump thinks he has stellar judgment, but that is a dishonest judgment concerning himself--all of which is consistent with an overall dishonesty on Trump's part moving in and out of complete foolishness. 

The best example of this was on Inauguration Day, when Trump pronounced Bill and Hillary "good people."  If he believes that, he is a fool.  If he doesn't believe that, he's a liar.  Take your pick.  (The correct answer, of course, is "C"--Both of the Above.)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 05:16:49 pm by the_doc »