Author Topic: Russian Church Official Meets Pence, Calls For 'Single Coalition' Against Terror  (Read 437 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Russian Church Official Meets Pence, Calls For 'Single Coalition' Against Terror

A senior Russian Orthodox Church official says he met with U.S. Vice President Mike Pence and told him that the United States and Russia should fight terrorism together.

Metropolitan Hilarion, head of the Russian church's External Relations Department, said he spoke with Pence for a few minutes ahead of the World Summit in Defense of Persecuted Christians, which they both attended in Washington on May 11.

"I told him about what [Russian Orthodox Patriarch] Kirill often says: 'To defeat terrorism, we need a single counterterrorist coalition,'" Russian state news agency TASS quoted Hilarion as saying. "Not many coalitions struggling against each other but one coalition in which the United States and the Russian Federation should play a leading role."

Continued: https://www.rferl.org/a/russian-orthodox-church-pence-metropolitan-hilarion/28482053.html

Offline goodwithagun

I've only been Catholic for two years, but I'm pretty certain we're only one good crusade away from global peace.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Online The_Reader_David

As an Orthodox Christian, I'm not wild about Crusades.  The First attacked Constantinople and was shown off -- read Anna Comena's Alexiad for the details -- then proceeded to extend the schism between Rome and Constantinople to a permanent breach in communion between Rome and the Church by forcibly installing Latin bishops in already occupied sees, in particular in the Patriarchate of Jerusalem and Antioch (no, the Patriarch of Antioch having fled to Constantinople from Crusader controlled areas did not create a vacant see).  And the Fourth and the Northern Crusades (cf. the Life of St. Aleksandr Nevsky) were completely unhelpful.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.