Author Topic: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump  (Read 9712 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
By Ron Radosh
https://pjmedia.com/ronradosh/2017/05/12/time-for-conservatives-and-republicans-to-stand-up-to-trump/?print=true&singlepage=true

It must be more than difficult to work in the Trump White House. For two days, the president’s spokespeople -- including
Sarah Huckabee Sanders, Sean Spicer, and even Vice President Mike Pence -- have told the media that Donald Trump fired James
Comey after reading the letter penned by Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, who had only been in office for two weeks.

Rosenstein himself, as the Wall Street Journal reported, then went to White House counsel Don McGahn to ask for a correction to
what he thought was “an inaccurate White House depiction of the events surrounding FBI Director James Comey’s firing.” Intimating
that he might possibly resign his office, Rosenstein explained that he could not work in an environment where facts were not
accurately reported . . .

. . . in his interview on NBC News with anchor Lester Holt, Trump contradicted his entire team’s talking points of the previous two
days, and told Holt that Comey was a “showboat” and a “grandstander,” that he “was going to fire him” anyway, and that he had made
his decision before reading the Rosenstein letter . . .

. . . As many have observed, Trump continues to be his own worst enemy. To rectify the situation and move on to the rest of his
agenda, he will have to appoint someone beyond reproach to fill the FBI director’s position. Two Republican conservative Senators,
Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee, have come up with a candidate: Merrick Garland. Such a step would give Democrats and Republicans
confidence that someone truly independent is being appointed, and not someone who will kowtow to Trump’s bidding.

As for those who are furious when conservatives think for themselves, one should read David French in National Review . . .
. . .
It’s time to stop enabling Trump and start seeking the truth -- even if the truth hurts.
I share this sentiment, and hope that many other conservatives will join me and do what’s right and necessary.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:32:20 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

Re: Time for Conservatives and Republicans to Stand Up to Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 06:46:00 pm »
When he is wrong they should.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:47:12 pm »
@EasyAce

Soooo,Trump is a human gasbag with the maturity of the typical 13 year old? Somebody is surprised about this?

To me his election only highlights how pathetic the scum was that he was running against. Frankly,I'm glad he is in there throwing brain farts left and right,and shaking the system up.

Yeah,I wish he would tone it down a bit and stop putting "TRUMP FIRST IN IMPORTANCE IN ALL THINGS",and focus more on repairing what is wrong with America than on pumping up his already enormous ego,but we all knew who and what he was when we voted for him.

At a MINIMUM what he is doing is putting a end to the public illusion that the career Dims and career alleged Republicans are in opposition to one another,and this is a GOOD thing.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 07:46:34 pm »
To me his election only highlights how pathetic the scum was that he was running against.
@sneakypete
The election was between a crank and a crook. Thank God my state had "None of These Candidates" as a ballot option. ;)

Frankly,I'm glad he is in there throwing brain farts left and right,and shaking the system up.
Just wait till someone lights a match to one of those brain farts. The fallout won't be pretty.

Yeah,I wish he would tone it down a bit and stop putting "TRUMP FIRST IN IMPORTANCE IN ALL THINGS" . . .
That's a little like wishing a piranha would take up a vegetarian diet.

and focus more on repairing what is wrong with America than on pumping up his already enormous ego . . .
To repair what's wrong he'd first have to know not just what's wrong but where the repair is needed. You can't fix a Mixmaster's
governor control by replacing the beater gears.

. . . but we all knew who and what he was when we voted for him.
Democracy---that theory by which the common people know what they want and deserve to get it, good and hard.---H.L. Mencken.

At a MINIMUM what he is doing is putting a end to the public illusion that the career Dims and career alleged Republicans are in opposition to one another,and this is a GOOD thing.
Replacing one illusion with another one (and who knows what the latter will prove to be in the end?) isn't exactly a good thing.
It's like dumping your old heap of a car and replacing it with another old heap of a car---which might break down even faster.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 07:57:55 pm »
Oh goody. Another #NT butt hurt piece based on discredited garbage from other butt hurt pieces.

Deputy AG Rosenstein denies he threatened to quit over Comey dismissal

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/11/deputy-ag-rosenstein-reportedly-threatened-to-quit-over-depiction-of-his-role-in-comey-dismissal.html

The desperate grasping for relevance from the #NT's like Radish, French, Kristol, et al is an embarrassment.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 08:01:20 pm »
Everyone embraces identity politics. I just want President Trump to be successful.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 08:02:31 pm »
@sneakypete
The election was between a crank and a crook. Thank God my state had "None of These Candidates" as a ballot option. ;)

@EasyAce

Ok,since you didn't participate you have no grounds to complain. Not making a decisions is a punk move when you know for a fact that ONE of the two candidates is going to win. If it weren't Trump,it would be even worse because it would be a dedicated anti-American communist and professional criminal and traitor sitting in the WH instead of a 70 year old narcissist going on 14.

Just wait till someone lights a match to one of those brain farts. The fallout won't be pretty.

Yeah,it would have been soooo much "prettier" with the Hilderbeast and Bubba back in the WH,selling nuke secrets to China again,having people murdered that caused them trouble,etc,etc,etc. Since  you seem to be such a big fan of Bubbette!,why didn't you have the courage of your convictions and vote for her?

With Trump,at least there is a CHANCE he will throw enough monkey wrenches into "political business as usual" to wake up enough of the jerk-off Party People to the FACT that our political system is now broken because we now have,in effect,a One Party Nation that is ran by a professional criminal class for their own financial benefit. The mere fact that someone like him who had never even been elected class president before could beat all all the usual suspects for the most important political office in the country shows a considerable number of the voters have already figured this out and want to see the current favoritism system tossed t the curb.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2017, 08:04:52 pm »
Everyone embraces identity politics. I just want President Trump to be successful.

@Lando Lincoln

BINGO! If Trump is successful,America is successful.

If he fails,maybe he will take the corrupt system down with him and we MIGHT actually get some candidates next time that aren't owned by the international bankers and who put America first?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2017, 08:07:31 pm »

Yup, they can take their limited binary thinking and shove it where the sun don't shine. 2 wrong choices are simply 2 wrong choices and I don't care how droolingly worshipful Trumpers are, not all of us are so willing to sell our souls for a win that is really only a surrender.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2017, 08:08:38 pm »
@Lando Lincoln

BINGO! If Trump is successful,America is successful.

If he fails,maybe he will take the corrupt system down with him and we MIGHT actually get some candidates next time that aren't owned by the international bankers and who put America first?

Not because you are agreeing with me here Pete, but I have really enjoyed your posts of late. Showing that "Wisdom" side, you are.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2017, 08:20:05 pm »
Yup, they can take their limited binary thinking and shove it where the sun don't shine. 2 wrong choices are simply 2 wrong choices and I don't care how droolingly worshipful Trumpers are, not all of us are so willing to sell our souls for a win that is really only a surrender.

The formula is quite tiresome:

1.   If we didn't vote FOR Trump, then it is said we did not participate in the process and therefore have NO VOICE in any matters political from this point forward, and have no privilege to complain about anything.  Unless of course you voted for Trump, then you can complain about how unfair the media, the Democrats and the Oligarchy IN DC is to the Vaunted Savior of the Republic.

2. If we note or point out anything considered negative about Trump, then we are Hillary Supporters, Democrat Plants, Liberals, Leftists and scum that need to be silenced by every means possible - including advocating bannings, suspensions, beatings and other forms of ostracizing 'enemies of the state'.

3. Voting for actual Conservatives is now considered 'losing' and a 'punk move'???

It simply reveals that the mobs of people who made Trump their prince - are no less tyrannical in nature and dismissive of Liberty than those they claim to hate.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2017, 08:34:20 pm »
The formula is quite tiresome:

......of saying people "made Trump their prince," if they voted for and support the GOP President. Period. On a "GOP" forum I add.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:36:12 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline EasyAce

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2017, 08:38:24 pm »
Ok,since you didn't participate you have no grounds to complain. Not making a decisions is a punk move when you know for a fact that ONE of the two candidates is going to win.
First, if I didn't want to participate, I would have stayed home and not voted.

Second, it's not a punk move when you know for a fact that none of the candidates is to your taste or to what you think is
good for the country.

If it weren't Trump,it would be even worse because it would be a dedicated anti-American communist and professional criminal and traitor sitting in the WH instead of a 70 year old narcissist going on 14.
Unfortunately, it is Donaldus Minimus now. The "whatabout-ism" no longer applies. Be grateful we dodged a Hilarious bullet
but lament that there was nothing better to oppose her. And pray.

Yeah,it would have been soooo much "prettier" with the Hilderbeast and Bubba back in the WH,selling nuke secrets to China again,having people murdered that caused them trouble,etc,etc,etc. Since  you seem to be such a big fan of Bubbette!,why didn't you have the courage of your convictions and vote for her?
I have never been a fan of Hilarious Rodent Clinton. I am well on record in opposition to her. I didn't vote "None of These
Candidates" to put one of them in the White House, I voted "None of These Candidates" because my convictions told me to vote for
neither of them. (Or anyone else on the presidential ballot; not even the Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson, and what the
hell was that party thinking nominating what was, when all was said and done, a Rockefeller Republican type?) The only votes that
counted toward either one of them were the votes that were cast explicitly for either one of them.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2017, 08:49:03 pm »
......of saying people "made Trump their prince," if they voted for and support the GOP President. Period. On a "GOP" forum I add.

No WRONG, that is a lie sir.

We do not have a problem with anyone who voted for Trump.
We took issue with those who insisted he was going to be the savior of the Republic; that he should bypass Congress and the Courts to act as Dictator to undo Obama; and every other unConstitutional/unprincipled avenue for vengeance and payback.

It is a tiresome formula that those who voted for Trump declare anyone Conservative who voted for a third party Conservative candidate, or have issues with Trump as being Hillary Supporters/Leftists/Liberals/Democrats/ etc., etc.

We have a problem with those who say we have no voice to complain because we did not vote for their guy.  We have a problem with those who denigrate our principles because we refuse to support party loyalty above everything else.

All of that having been witnessed on  "Conservative" fora no less.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:49:54 pm by INVAR »

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

geronl

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2017, 08:56:38 pm »
@EasyAce

Soooo,Trump is a human gasbag with the maturity of the typical 13 year old? Somebody is surprised about this?

To me his election only highlights how pathetic the scum was that he was running against.

Hillary would have lost to most anything the GOP put up, even a ham sandwich

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2017, 11:55:31 pm »

3. Voting for actual Conservatives is now considered 'losing' and a 'punk move'???

@INVAR

QUICK! Name the conservative candidate that was running.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 12:15:28 am »
No WRONG, that is a lie sir.

We do not have a problem with anyone who voted for Trump.
We took issue with those who insisted he was going to be the savior of the Republic; that he should bypass Congress and the Courts to act as Dictator to undo Obama; and every other unConstitutional/unprincipled avenue for vengeance and payback.

NAILED it,right up to that point. No one who wants to replace one crooked and illegal administration with another one the mirror image of the one being replaced can all themselves an American conservative. Conservatism in America means protecting individual freedoms and the just enforcement of laws without prejudice or discrimination. We are either all equal in the eyes of the law,or we have no law.

It is a tiresome formula that those who voted for Trump declare anyone Conservative who voted for a third party Conservative candidate, or have issues with Trump as being Hillary Supporters/Leftists/Liberals/Democrats/ etc., etc.

At BEST,you are enablers. You earned it,wear it!

We have a problem with those who say we have no voice to complain because we did not vote for their guy.  We have a problem with those who denigrate our principles because we refuse to support party loyalty above everything else.

It boggles the imagination that you would even attempt to make such a claim about a campaign with Trump at the head of it. How is it possible you understand nothing at all about him? It's not like he tried to hide who he is. Do you SERIOUSLY think Trump thinks he owes any loyalty to what passes for a Republican Party these days? If you do,you need to check yourself into Naracon or some other rehab group and get your blood flushed.
All of that having been witnessed on  "Conservative" fora no less.

Not as strange as you seeing something that isn't there.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:17:18 am by sneakypete »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 12:49:25 am »
Hillary would have lost to most anything the GOP put up, even a ham sandwich

:bs:  Your ham sandwich theory is starting to rot.  Not one of the 16 GOP primary losers would have tried to push through the blue wall.  Not one of them would have been successful.  Each one of them would have lost to Hillary Clinton.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 12:53:43 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 01:18:47 am »
NAILED it,right up to that point. No one who wants to replace one crooked and illegal administration with another one the mirror image of the one being replaced can all themselves an American conservative.

I'm not sure how given that statement, one can assert that voting for a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat differs from your query.  Some of us Conservatives decided to stop practicing insanity voting for a party that enables the Democrats and their agenda while running interference for them at every opportunity.  Thus we chose to vote for an actual Conservative in the General and not the nominee of the GOP.

At BEST,you are enablers.

Same thing I tell anyone who votes for party over principles.  I won't vote for a Republican simply because they are not a Democrat.  That is part of what got us into this mess to begin with.

It boggles the imagination that you would even attempt to make such a claim about a campaign with Trump at the head of it.

Trump is no Conservative and never was.  It is why we refused to vote for him.  We were told ad infinitum that refusing to vote for the GOP nominee is voting for Hillary, and that our principles were an enemy of good.  If those sentiments boggle your mind - then perhaps you misunderstand what governs our actions.

How is it possible you understand nothing at all about him? It's not like he tried to hide who he is.

Exactly.  We knew exactly what he was.  It is why we voted third party.

Do you SERIOUSLY think Trump thinks he owes any loyalty to what passes for a Republican Party these days?

We certainly owe no loyalty to what passes for the GOP these days. It is why some of us voted third party, and refused to vote for Trump.  Given the GOP's performance over the last 8 years - I have no plans to vote for them again.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 01:23:43 am »
I won't vote for trash like Trump simply because I'm daring his garbage fans to stop slapping their gums together and get to punishing me.

This particular piece of trash claims to be a minister but he sounds a lot more like a mullah.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 01:35:14 am »
Saved from TOS before Trump made the huge donation to the FReepathon last summer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 02:39:48 am »
I'm not sure how given that statement, one can assert that voting for a lifelong NY Liberal Democrat differs from your query.

Trump isn't a life-long Dim anymore than he is a space ship. He is first and foremost,a narcissistic sociopath/Trumpist.  There is nobody and nothing that exists in the whole universe that is as important to him as he is. He has never in his life had to get along with anyone else,so he doesn't even know how to do so if he wanted to try it.

Which means he is a political bomb thrower that flat doesn't give a damn about how either the Dim or the alleged Republican Party look. All he cares about is how HE will look in the history books. If he has to step on toes in order to get something passed that will help him make history,he will step on toes and not give a damn who they belong to.

Name the so-called "conservative" candidate that you voted for in the primary that would do that if he were the president today.

Some of us Conservatives decided to stop practicing insanity voting for a party that enables the Democrats and their agenda while running interference for them at every opportunity.  Thus we chose to vote for an actual Conservative in the General and not the nominee of the GOP.

BTW,while you are at it,how about explain to me how your losing candidate in the primary that couldn't even beat Trump was going to beat Bubbettte! and become the next president when he didn't even win the primary.
[/size]

Same thing I tell anyone who votes for party over principles.  I won't vote for a Republican simply because they are not a Democrat.  That is part of what got us into this mess to begin with.

Yeah,so you are going to vote for the guy that wasn't going to be running. How did that work out for you?

Trump is no Conservative and never was.  It is why we refused to vote for him.  We were told ad infinitum that refusing to vote for the GOP nominee is voting for Hillary, and that our principles were an enemy of good.  If those sentiments boggle your mind - then perhaps you misunderstand what governs our actions.

Immaturity?
Exactly.  We knew exactly what he was.  It is why we voted third party.

GOOD thinking! How did that work out for you?

We certainly owe no loyalty to what passes for the GOP these days.

What does that have to do with Trump? After all,you have been screaming about how he isn't even a Republican. If he isn't a Republican,how can you justify not voting for him BECAUSE he is a Republican? Do you also shoot yourself in the foot before you go dancing?

It is why some of us voted third party, and refused to vote for Trump.

See the above. ALL of the above.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 02:41:03 am by sneakypete »

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 03:09:11 am »
He is first and foremost,a narcissistic sociopath/Trumpist.  There is nobody and nothing that exists in the whole universe that is as important to him as he is. He has never in his life had to get along with anyone else,so he doesn't even know how to do so if he wanted to try it.

Which means he is a political bomb thrower that flat doesn't give a damn about how either the Dim or the alleged Republican Party look. All he cares about is how HE will look in the history books. If he has to step on toes in order to get something passed that will help him make history,he will step on toes and not give a damn who they belong to.

Cannot disagree with any of that.  It is one of the major reasons I did not vote for him.

Name the so-called "conservative" candidate that you voted for in the primary that would do that if he were the president today.

I didn't vote for that at all, because that is not someone capable of leading a Republic and safeguarding a Constitution.

BTW,while you are at it,how about explain to me how your losing candidate in the primary that couldn't even beat Trump was going to beat Bubbettte! and become the next president when he didn't even win the primary.

I don't look at politics as a team sport I'm supposed to get wrapped up into so I can sing 'We Are The Champions', badly.  The fact half the electorate wants a corrupt Marxist and the other half wants a Reality TV Narcissistic Sociopath who loves himself results in the rulers this people deserve.  This people get the inept, corrupt, moronic and self-serving Statists that they want.  I don't jump off the cliff just because the rest of the lemmings do.

What does that have to do with Trump?

He is their standard bearer as the titular head of their party.

After all,you have been screaming about how he isn't even a Republican.

He isn't, even by their standards.  I'm not sure even John McCain or Lindsey Grahamnesty would fund, campaign for and vote for an open Communist like Bill DeBlasio as Trump did three years ago.  Well.... maybe McCain would. 

If he isn't a Republican,how can you justify not voting for him BECAUSE he is a Republican?

Are we hitting the Scotch tonight or the tequila?  I said, he's a lifelong NYC Liberal Democrat.  I don't vote for liberals or Democrats, regardless what party they slither their way into.

Do you also shoot yourself in the foot before you go dancing?

No different than people who shoot themselves in the head before voting.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:09:34 am by INVAR »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 06:04:15 am »
Cannot disagree with any of that.  It is one of the major reasons I did not vote for him.

@INVAR

LOL! That,and who he was running against were the prime reasons I DID vote for him.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 06:55:27 am »
What GOP forum did you add? The name on the masthead is "The Briefing Room"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis